Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    You mean threads? TSR is a forum and yeah I just guess I've never seen someone post like four threads within hours of each other.
    Yes, I meant threads. Idk I'm different lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    I'm fairly confident that arguing with OP will be an exercise in futility, but if you eat a plant based diet but don't restrict your calories, you will still not lose weight.
    Yes, that's true so you should exercise HOWEVER if you eat the right foods and a lot of it, you will have a fast metabolism which will make you lose weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    The title is for clickbait lol. Also, most people nowadays say they love dieting and the results they get but they're basically stating they love starvation because that's what they're doing, starving themselves.
    No, they perhaps enjoy the results of dieting. Not sure how many people would enjoy dieting itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Given the title of your thread I am a little confused but if you are saying what I think you are then I agree. I don't think fad or massively restrictive diets are good at all. But wouldn't most doctors say the same? Isn't it just gossip magazines which advocate that sort of lifestyle?
    It depends from country to country and person to person. Many people I've talked to doctors have just prescribed them with medicine in hopes of ridding them of what they have but the key answer was to get rid of things from their diet which they later found out not from doctors but from vegans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    No, they perhaps enjoy the results of dieting. Not sure how many people would enjoy dieting itself.
    I know some people who love the Paleo diet tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    I love dieting I go on juice fasts and the chemical diet quite regularly and always feel great afterwards also it's really good to fast for 12 during the day and only Have 2 meals it makes you feel a lot better than eating junk all the time and is good for long term weight loss

ReputationRep:
    TL; DR....well not really, but just from reading first couple sentences, OP's post doesnt seem terribly interesting.

Can someone post summary notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    I love dieting I go on juice fasts and the chemical diet quite regularly and always feel great afterwards also it's really good to fast for 12 during the day and only Have 2 meals it makes you feel a lot better than eating junk all the time and is good for long term weight loss
    However you should fast when your body is telling you to, ya know

ReputationRep:
    The title is for clickbait lol. Also, most people nowadays say they love dieting and the results they get but they're basically stating they love starvation because that's what they're doing, starving themselves.
    Please don't clickbait. You have a valid point that people should hear, but putting a clickbait title just makes people more likely to ignore your post and/or develop opposition or hatred towards the ideas within it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    Please don't clickbait. You have a valid point that people should hear, but putting a clickbait title just makes people more likely to ignore your post and/or develop opposition or hatred towards the ideas within it.
    Thanks for being honest

ReputationRep:
    However you should fast when your body is telling you to, ya know
    What do you mean? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's true so you should exercise HOWEVER if you eat the right foods and a lot of it, you will have a fast metabolism which will make you lose weight
    No matter how much you exercise, if your caloric intake is higher than how much you burn, you won't lose weight.

And where did you hear that metabolic rate is variable due to certain foods?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, I meant threads. Idk I'm different lmao.
    Maybe yeah but to some people it can be annoying.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? Xx
    Mainly when you're throwing up constantly or when you have to mainly drink fluids because your body is allowing you do that because it's giving you a sign that "hello I don't want solids food k"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Maybe yeah but to some people it can be annoying.
    If they find it annoying it's their business

ReputationRep:
    Mainly when you're throwing up constantly or when you have to mainly drink fluids because your body is allowing you do that because it's giving you a sign that "hello I don't want solids food k"
    Oh no I go on weekly juice fasts where I put a load of healthy food (e.g celery, kale etc) in a juicer they remove the pulp and you just get the juice from the food and just drink 3 juices a day for the whole week no solid food

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I go on weekly juice fasts where I put a load of healthy food (e.g celery, kale etc) in a juicer they remove the pulp and you just get the juice from the food and just drink 3 juices a day for the whole week no solid food
    How often?

ReputationRep:
    How often?
    Depends how I feel maybe once every 2 months x

ReputationRep:
    Depends how I feel maybe once every 2 months x
    Ooo uhm the juice fasts could potentially slow down your metabolism since the body doesn't have to work hard to break down foods so I recommend maybe doing it once a month? and then doing it less because if your metabolism slows down then you'll want to do more juice fasts, ya know? Eat whole foods in the mean time and look at the RawTill4 lifestyle, it could help you out

ReputationRep:
    Ooo uhm the juice fasts could potentially slow down your metabolism since the body doesn't have to work hard to break down foods so I recommend maybe doing it once a month? and then doing it less because if your metabolism slows down then you'll want to do more juice fasts, ya know? Eat whole foods in the mean time and look at the RawTill4 lifestyle, it could help you out
    Okay thanks xx

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.