Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you get mistaken for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PobNotBob)
    an escapee from the local freak show.
    You are pizza, so...

ReputationRep:
    Note how mostly people from majority Islamic countries care about this. Nobody cares if you're an Arab, Pakistani, Egyptian or Turkish. I've literally never seen a French person or a German person care about this, let alone people from the most enlightened countries like Denmark and Norway.

Just grasp the ridiculousness of it - you're arguing from what primate-drawn shape people think you are. Nobody cares.

Chinese, Spanish (?), Malaysian, Taiwan and Arab to name a few.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm Indian :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Indian

Unfortunately nothing...I guess people thought I came from America but that was because of my accent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Note how mostly people from majority Islamic countries care about this. Nobody cares if you're an Arab, Pakistani, Egyptian or Turkish. I've literally never seen a French person or a German person care about this, let alone people from the most enlightened countries like Denmark and Norway.

Just grasp the ridiculousness of it - you're arguing from what primate-drawn shape people think you are. Nobody cares.
    Chill out mate
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    A 12 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    I get mistaken for being Arab or Afghan which is really flattering but I've been called Indian and Mexican (like how?) before but I'm a British Pakistani, born and raised in England. Hby?
    People like to thing i'm a girl on TSR

ReputationRep:

Note that no one cares. It's supposed to be a bunch of fun so stop being a buzzkill k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saeed9724)
    Im Yemeni but get mistaken for Egyptian quite a fair bit.
    Yeminis have a distinct look about them I've found. Not sure how to describe it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've had Egyptian, Syrian, Persian and French (Parisian specifically :lol:)

I'm not even from the Middle East lol
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Some people struggle to tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese or just don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahfuz_A)
    A terrorist

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    Note that no one cares. It's supposed to be a bunch of fun so stop being a buzzkill k?
    Yes, haha, such fun! Let's propagate stereotypes based on appearance and other absurd facts. Such joy. Fun for the whole family.

ReputationRep:

Note how you are the one causing confrontation

ReputationRep:
    :evilbanana:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh wait, that's what I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Yeminis have a distinct look about them I've found. Not sure how to describe it :lol:
    Yeh but i think my ancestry is more from the Levant (going back a few millennia that is) hence i am slightly more egyptian/shaami looking but i know what look youre on about lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Indian, Arab a few times and Brazillian once (yeah idk why either)

Most the time people guess Pakistani and get it right :lol:
    Well if you go around calling yourself Lord Samosa its not surprising they get it right. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireflyGirl96)
    Well if you go around calling yourself Lord Samosa its not surprising they get it right. LOL
    Well that explains why
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When I went to Iceland on holiday, the locals thought I was Irish instead of Scottish. Don't know how they could mistake a heavy Glaswegian accent for an Irish one :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.