Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathphysics123)
    can someone doing the cold war tell me if they can ask about the arms race as part of the cuban missile crisis??
    I highly doubt it could be a question just about the arms race, but you could use it in a different question like one about tensions between USA and the USSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raven Gallop)
    I highly doubt it could be a question just about the arms race, but you could use it in a different question like one about tensions between USA and the USSR.
    its not in the syllabus is it? Because I just do not understand it, what is the point in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathphysics123)
    its not in the syllabus is it? Because I just do not understand it, what is the point in it?
    Its in the revision guide I have (only a small paragraph) I think it just increases tensions as both superpowers (USSR and USA) are trying to have the best military and army. So neither of them will stop until they beat the other one. Don't stress about it though as its not important to be honest as there are loads of other reasons for the increasing tensions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raven Gallop)
    Its in the revision guide I have (only a small paragraph) I think it just increases tensions as both superpowers (USSR and USA) are trying to have the best military and army. So neither of them will stop until they beat the other one. Don't stress about it though as its not important to be honest as there are loads of other reasons for the increasing tensions
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision120)
    Any predictions for Germany and Cold War paper?
    Possibly Weimar sources for Germany (hasn't come up since 2010) and Causes of Cold War sources for Cold War (last time - 2013)

ReputationRep:
    Germany section was good

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions for correct answer for the first source question on Vietnam War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithAmelia)
    Any suggestions for correct answer for the first source question on Vietnam War?
    That one I put that Ho Chi Minh was trying to control south Vietnam but Americas air strikes, operation rolling thunder was defending against the communist kind of thing. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereiseverything)
    That one I put that Ho Chi Minh was trying to control south Vietnam but Americas air strikes, operation rolling thunder was defending against the communist kind of thing. What did you put?

for that one i put that it was attaking the americans because even though they were cutting off some tentacles and winning in some areas, the vietcong still had underground tunnels through which they could supply troops and move troops through, so tha americans were failing to contain communism. not sure if i'm riht though or not. i normally get a or a* but this cartoomn could cost me if it's a positive message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt991610)
    for that one i put that it was attaking the americans because even though they were cutting off some tentacles and winning in some areas, the vietcong still had underground tunnels through which they could supply troops and move troops through, so tha americans were failing to contain communism. not sure if i'm riht though or not. i normally get a or a* but this cartoomn could cost me if it's a positive message
    I think it might have been positive because it was published by the Americans? I'm not sure though. I think as long as you've explained your point of view and included own knowledge you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    I said the source was positive because not only was it published in the USA, it was published in 1965 (when the media largely toed the line of the government). Plus, Ho Chi was depicted as a literal monster...

ReputationRep:
    Would (for the Vietnam source qu) saying that the cartoonist's message is to show that they believe (the Americans) they can easily defeat North Vietnam gain marks?
    I have extended my answer, but that was the basis of it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereiseverything)
    I put that Americans believed they could easily defeat the North Vietnamese... I think that's wrong though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithAmelia)
    I put that Americans believed they could easily defeat the North Vietnamese... I think that's wrong though
    It could be right I think it's down to your own interpretation as long as you've used own knowledge and explained your point of view

ReputationRep:
    I didn't write anything about the air strikes - ugh!
    I wrote about the Gulf of Tonkin cos it was the year beforeand then obviously analysed Ho Chi Minh as a monster and also said it was a positive image because it was the start of the war. Hope I didn't lose too many marks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.