Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

5 years left to live or immortality? Watch

• View Poll Results: 5 years left to live or immortality?
    5 years
    38.46%
    Immortality
    61.54%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    Of course :facepalm2:

OK I switch my vote to immortal, let's conquer and destroy these universes together :five: HO!
    For me now you are a stranger , but if medicine develops very quickly in the next decades we might have the chance to be immortal.
    I guess that means that I will meet you some day no matter what ( I have to do stuff in my infinite life )
    Together we will laugh so much watching these ancient messages on TSR and civilians dying in the universe we conquer with our powerful weapons that won't kill humans I hope (that might be a problem to the infinite thing) . That will be fun
    I guess you will eventually get bored of Kirito as well , so you might consider others as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Immortality as long as I can kill myself by choice
    No - I should have said you would also be invulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connormc199)
    depends, am i deadpool immortal or like grow old and constantly age immortal?
    Deadpool immortal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    No - I should have said you would also be invulnerable.
    Eh, I'd still choose immortality. My old soul will wander the Earth until the end of time :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    For me now you are a stranger , but if medicine develops very quickly in the next decades we might have the chance to be immortal.
    I guess that means that I will meet you some day no matter what ( I have to do stuff in my infinite life )
    Together we will laugh so much watching these ancient messages on TSR and civilians dying in the universe we conquer with our powerful weapons that won't kill humans I hope (that might be a problem to the infinite thing) . That will be fun
    I guess you will eventually get bored of Kirito as well , so you might consider others as well
    Yeah, there may be a few, um, moral issues with our universe conquering :lol: but screw 'em, they'll all die some day too (unlike us) :five:

Oh, and Kirito is a disappointing failure of a male, I'm on the lookout for a replacement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    I would choose immortality, I mean if I had to end up floating around in space forever because the World implodes then it's not too bad, I wouldn't be able to starve to death, I'd just be a bit bored lol

I know that I'd lose loved ones but I'd also meet my future family, so it's not so bad in the end.
    Just start counting numbers , when you reach infinity you die (you will trick yourself with this...another infinite numbers to go you will say and everything will be so much better).
    Seriously now I would like to spend 10^(a lot) years alone in deep space inside my spacecraft. It would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there may be a few, um, moral issues with our universe conquering :lol: but screw 'em, they'll all die some day too (unlike us) :five:

Oh, and Kirito is a disappointing failure of a male, I'm on the lookout for a replacement
    I'm so happy that I've changed your mind
    Are you free for a date on Friday night of 19/9/4083 celebrating my 2085th birthday ?
    If we are both alive I'll PM you on TSR the day before to remind it to you .
    I'll be waiting ....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'd take 5 years :bigsmile:

This isn't the kind of place that you'd want to be immortal in :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy that I've changed your mind
    Are you free for a date on Friday night of 19/9/4083 celebrating my 2085th birthday ?
    If we are both alive I'll PM you on TSR the day before to remind it to you .
    I'll be waiting ....
    It's a date! See you then...

ReputationRep:
    Just start counting numbers , when you reach infinity you die (you will trick yourself with this...another infinite numbers to go you will say and everything will be so much better).
    Seriously now I would like to spend 10^(a lot) years alone in deep space inside my spacecraft. It would be perfect.
    Exactly! I could do so much - learn every language there was on Earth before it was destroyed, eat so much (I couldn't die from diabetes or heart disease or anything) and just live my never ending life.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I could do so much - learn every language there was on Earth before it was destroyed, eat so much (I couldn't die from diabetes or heart disease or anything) and just live my never ending life.
    May I suggest the most interesting language of all ... MATHS
    Learn maths so that you understand physics so that you learn the truth about life the universe and everything and use it to be super powerful so that you conquer everything (every possible thing in existance ... you must define this term some day) and control everything.
    If you find no purpose for all this thing (I won't say universe, omniverse ,... we don't know where it ends ) you might feel a little bit depressed and want to delete EVERYTHING so that NOTHING EVER HAPPENED AT ALL :awesome: total darkness of nothing ahhhhhhh .
    DO IT , it worths a lifetime.
    This could be a commercial one day hmm ...

ReputationRep:
    May I suggest the most interesting language of all ... MATHS
    Learn maths so that you understand physics so that you learn the truth about life the universe and everything and use it to be super powerful so that you conquer everything (every possible thing in existance ... you must define this term some day) and control everything.
    If you find no purpose for all this thing (I won't say universe, omniverse ,... we don't know where it ends ) you might feel a little bit depressed and want to delete EVERYTHING so that NOTHING EVER HAPPENED AT ALL :awesome: total darkness of nothing ahhhhhhh .
    DO IT , it worths a lifetime.
    This could be a commercial one day hmm ...
    NO
    I HAVE ONE MATHS TEST LEFT AND THEN I'M FREE FROM THE HELL THAT IS CALLED THE MATHS DEPARTMENT

PHYSICS IS HELL ALSO BUT I'VE DONE THAT EXAM SO I DON'T EVER HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN

(realllllly hate maths and sciences, soz)

ReputationRep:
    Definitely only five years.

ReputationRep:
    NO
    I HAVE ONE MATHS TEST LEFT AND THEN I'M FREE FROM THE HELL THAT IS CALLED THE MATHS DEPARTMENT

PHYSICS IS HELL ALSO BUT I'VE DONE THAT EXAM SO I DON'T EVER HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN

(realllllly hate maths and sciences, soz)
    You are an atheist and you hate sciences ?
    Wow that's very strange .
    I mean if you deny what religions claim then you turn to sciences to get the answers to the big questions .
    I'm actually very sorry to hear that you don't like maths , I want people to feel creative when studying maths and sciences although that's not the case in schools so people think that they are boring
    I've a friend who hated maths and physics and I'm very proud to say that I changed her mind (she now reads a brief history of time (Hawking) and solves some fun math problems with mathematical induction or other stuff that I taught her and she is really not a nerd if you think that's the reason she likes it).
    You see I'm not good in learning languages but I know it's awesome to learn them .
    I adore STEM, arts, psychology-sociology ,philosophy and history .
    I think they all have some beauty worth exploring.
    If only you had someone to show to you the beauty of these sciences.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Some day the rest of the human race will end, and then you'll regret it.
    Would a million year old me care about the Human race? No.

ReputationRep:
    5 years

ReputationRep:
    I would choose immortality, being invulnerable doesn't mean I can't cripple myself to the point of being unaware of my surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I would choose immortality, being invulnerable doesn't mean I can't cripple myself to the point of being unaware of my surroundings.
    Yes, it does. Your brain would regenerate very quickly, if not instantaneously.

ReputationRep:
    You are an atheist and you hate sciences ?
    Wow that's very strange .
    I mean if you deny what religions claim then you turn to sciences to get the answers to the big questions .
    I'm actually very sorry to hear that you don't like maths , I want people to feel creative when studying maths and sciences although that's not the case in schools so people think that they are boring
    I've a friend who hated maths and physics and I'm very proud to say that I changed her mind (she now reads a brief history of time (Hawking) and solves some fun math problems with mathematical induction or other stuff that I taught her and she is really not a nerd if you think that's the reason she likes it).
    You see I'm not good in learning languages but I know it's awesome to learn them .
    I adore STEM, arts, psychology-sociology ,philosophy and history .
    I think they all have some beauty worth exploring.
    If only you had someone to show to you the beauty of these sciences.
    No I agree that sciences are fascinating and all, but the way you are taught them at school bores me and it really doesn't reflect what I want to do in later life.

The way you find languages is similar to how I find sciences - I think of them as so cool but I just aren't able to always wrap my head around it and that kind of infuriates me haha. I like languages as I can actually understand the majority of it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'd take the 5 years. Living eternally would be my idea of hell. :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.