Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why we should ban PE in school Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i did the same, during basket ball i stood still like a statue on the court and everyone on my team is like HMMMPPHH and my teacher is like SEEE ME AFTER
    Yeah I know what you mean that has been my tactic for the last 5 years but my friends are nice to me so that whenever we are playing rounders or something I just hide with the batting team and never do anything. Tbh I am doing my team a favour by doing this.

I hate the lectures the teachers give 'you are not helping your team blah blah blah' just want to tell them I honestly couldn't care less and I have bigger things to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    I'm assuming you wouldn't last long if survival of the fittest still happened.
    In our school we do dance in pe now, how is that meant to do anything to help me?

𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓾𝓶 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓻𝔂, 𝓲 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓫𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓯𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓯 𝓲 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸
    HATE PE. My sixth form was one of the few where it was compulsory. I've left now and guess what? They're making it optional for next year. I feel cheated.

ReputationRep:
    we most definitely should not!
    For some, it's the only exercise they are encouraged/forced to do. Also, seeing as the recommended daily amount of exercise for 5-19 year olds is 60 minutes a day, including 20 minutes of intense cardio (source: NHS), the provision of an hour of exercise at school only serves to benefit rather than detract from the healthy life style that everyone should have

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I miss doing PE in school since it's not compulsory for sixth formers. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    In our school we do dance in pe now, how is that meant to do anything to help me?
    What the hell is that??😂😂 that's not PE anymore

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I love PE, and I like most sports apart from gymnastics and long distance running. I especially like cricket dodge ball and football because its fun to see people quiver when you pelt balls at them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrible at sports, I still found PE fun, it should be optional but not banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Yeah I know what you mean that has been my tactic for the last 5 years but my friends are nice to me so that whenever we are playing rounders or something I just hide with the batting team and never do anything. Tbh I am doing my team a favour by doing this.

I hate the lectures the teachers give 'you are not helping your team blah blah blah' just want to tell them I honestly couldn't care less and I have bigger things to worry about.
    I use to just stand there in rounders. I stood on the left side when facing the batter. (The ball usually doesn't go there) But also I stand near to someone who is athletic so if the ball does come the other person would get it. Did that in most sports, I just stood near to someone else. When it came to batting, I would either pretend that I already have or just not put any effort into it, I wouldn't even try. I could still get a rounder here and then as the fielders threw it quite far away when they were throwing it to each other.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind exercising at all but my PE teachers were horrible and used to make us perform individually infront of everyone else sometimes which I found embarrassing, our PE lessons were so horrible it made some people skive lessons or fake a sick note. They used to read out our running scores in front of everyone too so it was embarrassing if you didn't do well one of my friends cried because she came last and they told everyone. I think we should pick what we do during pe lessons, for example we could play tennis with a friend, jog around the field with friends or play netball or football in a group.

ReputationRep:
    It should be banned because...

fat shaming.

ReputationRep:
    yea op you're right, it is a free country. i can be ignorant of mathematics if i like.

scrap the national curriculum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    I'm terrible at sports, I still found PE fun, it should be optional but not banned.
    I guess thats a fair choice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Implication)
    yea op you're right, it is a free country. i can be ignorant of mathematics if i like.

you go gurl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    What the hell is that??😂😂 that's not PE anymore
    In year 11, we have different things we can choose to do and I chose dance, it was the lesser of two evils so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)

Yes!! Exaclty, we should be able to choose what we want to learn. The national curriculum just sucks the life out of learning. Nowadays we aren't even really learning, we are just told how to pass exams. Exams don't really indicate how good a person is at a subject they are just a huge memory test.

ReputationRep:
    no i mean it should be banned
    :lol:

Ban it and do gym stuff at home... best idea ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    To be honest, I miss doing PE in school since it's not compulsory for sixth formers. :cry:
    same, but I still aim to exercise everyday!

ReputationRep:
    PE is my favourite class. Who wouldn't want to play football for an hour in school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    I use to just stand there in rounders. I stood on the left side when facing the batter. (The ball usually doesn't go there) But also I stand near to someone who is athletic so if the ball does come the other person would get it. Did that in most sports, I just stood near to someone else. When it came to batting, I would either pretend that I already have or just not put any effort into it, I wouldn't even try. I could still get a rounder here and then as the fielders threw it quite far away when they were throwing it to each other.
    Good tactics. I tell my friends I don't want to bat and they are ok with it as it is good for me and for them. When the other team is batting I just don't move to fielding and just stand there and chat with them, they are alright with that too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.