Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plast12)
    Below are some Essay plans I've done (still doing the 45 mark plans for unit 3 so not finished the document), not all of them are amazing because some questions are disgusting.

I also put together a document of examples, it's not all the examples you need to know but a lot of those ones are recent.

I only have Unit 3 stuff right now, I'm still working on my unit 4 ones, but seeing as unit 3 is sooner I've done a lot more.

I'll post some unit 4 stuff when I've done a bit more of it
    Hi, could you screenshot them please, the word on my computer isn't working and so I can't open the documents. I'd be super grateful!

ReputationRep:
    Race is such a poorly made unit by Edexcel, shocking really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lion467)
    Hi, could you screenshot them please, the word on my computer isn't working and so I can't open the documents. I'd be super grateful!
    They're a bit long to screenshot (20+Pages). PM your email and I'll send you a pdf of them if you'd like

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit long to screenshot (20+Pages). PM your email and I'll send you a pdf of them if you'd like
    Yeah that's great thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Race is such a poorly made unit by Edexcel, shocking really.
    I haven't actually begun revision for it but out of curiousity, what makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting revision for both papers today. *gulp*
    Any advice anyone can give me? The revision notes from 'Hodder' seem a bit basic but its all I have :/
    Or does anyone have any notes pleaase that could help me form my own notes?
    12 days to go peeps
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    I haven't actually begun revision for it but out of curiousity, what makes you say that?
    Heavily outdated in textbooks and the questions are too open and overlap with other topics which I don't really like

ReputationRep:
    Below are some Essay plans I've done (still doing the 45 mark plans for unit 3 so not finished the document), not all of them are amazing because some questions are disgusting.

I also put together a document of examples, it's not all the examples you need to know but a lot of those ones are recent.

I only have Unit 3 stuff right now, I'm still working on my unit 4 ones, but seeing as unit 3 is sooner I've done a lot more.

I'll post some unit 4 stuff when I've done a bit more of it
    These are fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nta786)
    I'm starting revision for both papers today. *gulp*
    Any advice anyone can give me? The revision notes from 'Hodder' seem a bit basic but its all I have :/
    Or does anyone have any notes pleaase that could help me form my own notes?
    12 days to go peeps
    Thanks in advance!
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm planning questions it detail and going over examples. I think Pressure groups is coming up for the 45 markers and so my focus is on that, I know it's risky but I find it works for me and has done in my previous exam ..so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm planning questions it detail and going over examples. I think Pressure groups is coming up for the 45 markers and so my focus is on that, I know it's risky but I find it works for me and has done in my previous exam ..so fingers crossed
    so are you just planning past paper questions? and not doing any notes from the text book?
    definitely fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    so are you just planning past paper questions? and not doing any notes from the text book?
    definitely fingers crossed
    Yeah just planning past questions, attempting to do notes this late for me would be a waste of time as i'll remember little, plans/ mark schemes will help me know what the examiner is looking for and how to write it. But everyones different! Definetly use mark schemes though they are actually the best resource!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just planning past questions, attempting to do notes this late for me would be a waste of time as i'll remember little, plans/ mark schemes will help me know what the examiner is looking for and how to write it. But everyones different! Definetly use mark schemes though they are actually the best resource!
    great point, cheers, I remember my teacher saying how questions constantly recycle themselves too.
    Is there any chance you could do the examples for Unit 4C, that would be amazing! Your 3C notes are beyond brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Read examiners reports as well.

I've linked some of my Racial notes below if any of you need them.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx RacialandEthnicPolitics-RevisionNotes.docx (378.3 KB, 264 views)

ReputationRep:
    great point, cheers, I remember my teacher saying how questions constantly recycle themselves too.
    Is there any chance you could do the examples for Unit 4C, that would be amazing! Your 3C notes are beyond brilliant
    The notes are! I think you mean "Plast12" he did it not me

ReputationRep:
    The notes are! I think you mean "Plast12" he did it not me
    oh i do haha my apologies. And a massive thanks to you plast12 for the notes, and thank you for the advice
    plast12 your notes are amazing, might actually save my grade thanks once again to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkskies)
    Hey are you guys revising from the textbook? It's so dense and a lot of it is full of examples pre-2012
    I've hardly looked at the text book, I've been using the mark schemes and specifications and learning from there as I find the text book to be useful but there is a lot of unnecessary information in there now

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions as to what will come up?
    For 3C I feel like we'll get a question (hopefully) on the nomination process or electoral college because of the rise of Trump
    Possibly something on Third Parties/ assessment on Obama's time in office (I don't think parties will come up though)
    Pressure groups 99% because it didn't come up last year but I'm not a fan of pressure groups
    If race does come up then possible immigration as that has been discussed so much recently, especially with Trump and his wall

4C
    Presidents power to persuade
    Something on the supreme court because of Scalia although that came up last year
    Federalism for the constitution 45 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa C)
    Does anyone have any predictions as to what will come up?
    For 3C I feel like we'll get a question (hopefully) on the nomination process or electoral college because of the rise of Trump
    Possibly something on Third Parties/ assessment on Obama's time in office (I don't think parties will come up though)
    Pressure groups 99% because it didn't come up last year but I'm not a fan of pressure groups
    If race does come up then possible immigration as that has been discussed so much recently, especially with Trump and his wall

4C
    Presidents power to persuade
    Something on the supreme court because of Scalia although that came up last year
    Federalism for the constitution 45 marker

For 4C, would Congress come up because it didn't last year? They might use SC in a 15 marker about Scalia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    For 4C, would Congress come up because it didn't last year? They might use SC in a 15 marker about Scalia
    Yeah 100% maybe it'll be a broken branch question or how effective are checks and balances, they could probably ask that instead of a president question as that came up last year and the other topics seem more relevant

ReputationRep:
    The paper/markscheme was made before Scalia died.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.