Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want Britain to leave the EU? Explain why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Britain should leave the EU as it needs to have a level playing field with the rest of the world. The nation needs to focus more on trading with non-European partners. I don't buy the argument that it is better off when individual interests are combined for the greater good.
    What do you mean level playing field? We do 44% of our international trade with the EU already and once we join the EU trading bloc we'll have to accept the same old protectionist policies that prevent more international trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    What do you mean level playing field? We do 44% of our international trade with the EU already and once we join the EU trading bloc we'll have to accept the same old protectionist policies that prevent more international trade.
    Please clarify as I'm not sure what your point is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    But it's not uncontrolled at the moment. Britain is not in Schengen, everyone coming in is checked.
    I know, but it is still too much, it was 300,000 (rounded) this year

ReputationRep:
    True but the effect of immigrant workers driving wages down is neither a main nor moderate factor.

http://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/how-smal...s#.V0wJ05MrKt8
    To me it is the main factor

ReputationRep:
    Britain's no longer a super power. Being in the EU gives us a chance to compete with the other powerful nations. That's why economically speaking it is better for Britain to remain in the EU. The tories like to deflect the blame on the EU, but most of the problems that we are facing are due to their incompetence and not the EU. Personally, I think we should try to reform the EU rather than leave it altogether.

There is no guarantee that we can get better trade deals post-Brexit. That's why I think it's best to remain in a reformed EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Please clarify as I'm not sure what your point is.
    What significant changes in our trade, if any, will occur if we leave? It's not like we're just going to suddenly stop the 44% trade with the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob's Your Uncle)
    Then you're wrong

ReputationRep:
    Then you're wrong
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your daddy shouldn't have chosen a job that anyone from Eastern Europe can do?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your daddy shouldn't have chosen a job that anyone from Eastern Europe can do?
    My dad is not affected, but other people in the community are

ReputationRep:
    Ok
    Pretty much sums up what brexiters are like lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    My dad is not affected, but other people in the community are
    So because some people in your community are affected you think everyone should vote out?

ReputationRep:
    So because some people in your community are affected you think everyone should vote out?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    No need to take you seriously then.

ReputationRep:
    I want to leave because I don't like the concept of foreign governments having control of our laws.

ReputationRep:
    But is their opinion valued? Kinda makes you pointless to be in this forum really.
    Wrong Box sorry. Will answer ur msg soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Feminists opinions valued? Are you kidding me? They are a laughing stock. Only reason people encourage them is because they are bored and want to see the next Trigglypuff or Social Justice Warrior Coup.

Have a look at the video below. Your laugh so hard.

Im not talking about feminists and SJWs. Im talking about racists.

They believe with that we're not all born equal and some are superior because of their race. they have an irrational hatred for those of other races to theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Im not talking about feminists and SJWs. Im talking about racists.

They believe with that we're not all born equal and some are superior because of their race. they have an irrational hatred for those of other races to theirs.
    Ye wrong Box.

In answer to your question anyone who whines about racism at me I just give them a mirror question to keep them busy because racist accusations just lead to pointless arguements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Ye wrong Box.

In answer to your question anyone who whines about racism at me I just give them a mirror question to keep them busy because racist accusations just lead to pointless arguements.
    But you admit you're racist. Pointless? why exactly is it pointless to show why the opinion of a racist is irrelevant. The same ideology you believe in was the same ideology the western slave traders used as leverage to take in black slaves. I would like to think such views are actively denounced without getting called a "leftist" or "an SJW".

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much sums up what brexiters are like lmaoo
    I don't think it does

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.