Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    How much do you people telling him not to do steroids even know about steroids? & I'm pretty sure Woody would have spent a lot of time researching before deciding to try them.
    Well I don't know much about it but IO still wouldn't advise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    They can make you aggressive.
    They're hormones, mate. Most of them are testosterone derivatives. You just have to think back to what you were like as an adolescent when you have an abundance of testosterone in your body. Many young lads that age are aggressive and overly ballsy at that age, but many aren't. I wasn't an aggressive person at all at that age, I was pretty chill tbh, in fact where my testosterone levels are pretty crap atm I'm prone to snap at people and get angry and aggressive, wasn't like that at all when I was a bit younger and full of testosterone. So sure, they can make some people more aggressive, whereas with others it can actually mellow them out. Not saying I know what I'm gonna be like on them, but that's the whole point in trying them out. If I don't like them, I stop using them, I go back to normal. I know several steroid users on a personal level (one of the gyms I visit is a backstreet hardcore gym full of roidheads) and they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

(Original post by shreddingfish92)
    From someone who watched their 28 y/o mate die from steroid induced heart failure, don't do it.
    Unfortunate to hear, but he's an anomaly. If you look up the statistics of steroid-induced deaths, the numbers are ridiculously small, and pretty much any that have died due to their use had underlying/undiagnosed existing medical issues. It's like when the media, surrounding the death of wrestler Chris Benoit, started coming up with lists of wrestlers who have died young and tried to pin it on steroids; however, it's become clear that none of them had steroids as the cause of death on the coroner's report. Mostly congenital defects, painkiller abuse, head trauma from concussions etc.

So, if you did die as a direct result of your steroid use, you'd be incredibly unlucky. Just like you could die from drinking every weekend if your body can't handle it - people are doing more harm to their bodies ingesting alcohol, drugs or both every weekend than those that use steroid hormones under sensible conditions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone here tried paracetamol? **** really takes the edge off :^)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I like to get high on this thing called life every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    How much do you people telling him not to do steroids even know about steroids? & I'm pretty sure Woody would have spent a lot of time researching before deciding to try them.
    Exactly mate. Being the sort of person who doesn't do drugs because I don't like what they could do to me, it's taken me a LOT of reading to decide that I'd be comfortable using steroids. Hell, middle-aged men are prescribed them during the andropause to normalise their testosterone levels to improve their health - of course, using them for muscle-building purposes is going to require larger doses, but it's not as if most street drugs or alcohol have any actual therapeutic benefit at all, yet they've become socially acceptable in most cases whereas steroid hormones have been demonised by the media for the last couple of decades, under a tonne of ridiculous misconceptions. All to do with public perception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Expand plz.
    No offense but after all the hard work won't taking them feel kinda like cheating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    No offense but after all the hard work won't taking them feel kinda like cheating?
    Cheating against whom? I'm not competing against the other guys in the gym, this is my project and I'm not earning any kind of accolades or anything. I'm basically accepting that I may potentially experience side effects in order to gain more productive results from my hard work in the gym. It's a definite trade-off, otherwise everyone would be doing them, and everyone has the option so it's not as if people can whinge that one guy is getting better results because he's sticking a needle in his arse once a week.

ReputationRep:
    Weed/hash, acid, E.

Have the opportunity to try cocaine pretty much every weekend but it's not for me. Same with lots of research chems but I decided not to - bad idea.

Thought about getting hold of DMT. Again...bad idea. Possibly the worst idea i've had in my 20s. Don't do it.

I gave up messing around with drugs because I don't think they are compatible with being a fully functioning adult.

I have sports training every day and generally things to do that require my focus. A casual blunt or a cheeky tab of acid just doesn't fit in with my plans.

Having said that...

I really miss LSD.

ReputationRep:
    Cheating against whom? I'm not competing against the other guys in the gym, this is my project and I'm not earning any kind of accolades or anything. I'm basically accepting that I may potentially experience side effects in order to gain more productive results from my hard work in the gym. It's a definite trade-off, otherwise everyone would be doing them, and everyone has the option so it's not as if people can whinge that one guy is getting better results because he's sticking a needle in his arse once a week.
    Cheating was the wrong word. I wasn't referring to competing against others but it's like you're removing the challenge from yourself. Personally, I would feel better and more proud of myself if I did it without the extra aid. I guess its a similar case when overwieght people get a weight loss surgery instead of pure change of diet and exercise.

But I agree with the rest. People shouldn't whine since you made the choice to put up with the risks at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Taking steroids is probably harder work than not taking steroids. Not sure why some consider it cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Cheating was the wrong word. I wasn't referring to competing against others but it's like you're removing the challenge from yourself. Personally, I would feel better and more proud of myself if I did it without the extra aid. I guess its a similar case when overwieght people get a weight loss surgery instead of pure change of diet and exercise.

But I agree with the rest. People shouldn't whine since you made the choice to put up with the risks at the end of the day.
    Hardly mate. You could run a 3 month testosterone cycle for 3 months, if you wish to gain 10lbs of muscle in that time your diet and training needs to be as on point as ever. Hence, it's still hard work. You're just amplifying the results. I'm not on a spiritual journey in which it's all about how hard I've worked - my sole purpose is building my physique and I have a goal in mind. That goal isn't to see how big I can get without any help, it's to be 220lbs lean.

ReputationRep:
    Binge drank quite a lot in my teens. Enjoyed a refreshing beer quite often in my early 20s. Mid 20s now and I'm pretty much tee total. Never done any recreational drugs, apart from eaten weed twice, once on purpose once accidentally. Just never had the interest otherwise. Looking to try out steroids towards the end of this year probably.
    I know people on steds, and I think people who do it to make themselves really big just look obvious, and people who take steds aren't impressive whereas actually going about it naturally and through dedication is what impresses people.

ReputationRep:
    Smh it becomes a sick obsession right?

ReputationRep:
    Hardly mate. You could run a 3 month testosterone cycle for 3 months, if you wish to gain 10lbs of muscle in that time your diet and training needs to be as on point as ever. Hence, it's still hard work. You're just amplifying the results. I'm not on a spiritual journey in which it's all about how hard I've worked - my sole purpose is building my physique and I have a goal in mind. That goal isn't to see how big I can get without any help, it's to be 220lbs lean.
    Fair enough. Good luck then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    I know people on steds, and I think people who do it to make themselves really big just look obvious, and people who take steds aren't impressive whereas actually going about it naturally and through dedication is what impresses people.
    The ultimate dedication is risking your health for your physique. I.e. steroids etc.

Who cares what impresses other people. General population won't be able to tell if you are on drugs or not.

(Original post by hezzlington)
    The ultimate dedication is risking your health for your physique. I.e. steroids etc.

Who cares what impresses other people. General population won't be able to tell if you are on drugs or not.
    Steroid users, for the most point, are obvious. And most who take steroids do it because they want to impress others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Steroid users, for the most point, are obvious. And most who take steroids do it because they want to impress others.
    That's me but for some reason it's anon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I don't know that you're allowed to talk about it.
    Why wouldn't we be allowed to?
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Dont do steroids.
    Why's that?
    Are you a cop?
    DCI Barnaby at your service.
    (Original post by Thomb)
    They can make you aggressive.
    Operative word being CAN
    (Original post by Thomb)
    They can alter your personality.
    Almost every drug does that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It really is not obvious. For example, if somebody is 3 weeks into a cycle...how would you tell? Not everybody that takes performance enhancing drugs looks like a top level bodybuilder or NFL player.

And it's an unfair statement to say they do it to impress others.

ReputationRep:
    Caffeine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.