How to be a Social Justice Warrior watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    But the Nazis ruled Germany.

That doesn't prove the SJWs wrong though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    11. Attack anyone who disagrees with you while saying no one should be attacked.

12. Label someone something that ends in -phobe.
    Unless you're just pulling the semantics card on them, for clarity.

13. Use words like "social construct"
    Please don't demonise phrases; just criticise the people who use them inappropriately.

14. Cry for children in Africa but like...never visit and stuff

*Here's a complete quote from a typical sjw including 11-14:
    Please give context to this post, if it was posted by another user of the Internet; I no longer trust you or your judgement.
    "You shouldn't talk to people like that, you assh*le. You're just a skinphobe. Race is a social construct, ok? You think your life is hard here, try Africa you ****. We should all just love each other in the end, you idiots."
    I would define a race as a group of people phenotypically distinct from another group of people, and the line drawn is arbitrarily defined. As it's based on the premise of the line being arbitrarily defined, I suppose it has to be a social construct.

But I do definitely disagree with this common principle that all differences between humans are social constructs e.g gender.

And that if something is a social construct, then it must be non-existent. Beyond stupid.

And to love each other is a two-way street.

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    11. Deny the fact you are a Social Justice Warrior when called out.
    I disagree with this simply because there are those that call anyone who disagrees with them that. Or anyone who advocate more recent topics in society, like the acceptance of same-sex attraction and same-sex marriage.

(Original post by BasingstokeBoy)
    The thought of coming into conflict with these kinds of people is exactly the sort of thing that worries me about starting university this year.
    Have conviction! (But I don't want to be liable if things go sourly.)

(Original post by plstudent)
    Another one: vote in!
    This is one I totally agree with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I disagree with this simply because there are those that call anyone who disagrees with them that. Or anyone who advocate more recent topics in society, like the acceptance of same-sex attraction and same-sex marriage.
    You are obviously one yourself then.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah I'm kidding mate. I agree with you though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    You are obviously one yourself then.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah I'm kidding mate. I agree with you though.
    I think I might have been called one before and I don't think it was nice.

Derogatory to compare me to those people. ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I think I might have been called one before and I don't think it was nice.

Derogatory to compare me to those people. ...
    Probably an ad hominem...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.