The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James82
So if somebody who is a member of the KKK goes around lynching black people then it's not their fault, it was because they were indoctrinated?

Again, slippery-slope argument.

I'm saying that you can't say they're all bad. You equalize being horrible with being Muslim. I'm saying they have their own human rights and dignity, but should definitely be prohibited from spreading negative propaganda and fighting against other people's rights.
Original post by James82
So you can't insult the Tories without insulting the 11 million people who voted for them?

Depends, do the 11 million tory voters base their entire life around their policies and worship them every day and live their life 100% according to tory values?
Original post by Sfhkh
And where may I find the website showing the statistics ?These statistics are probably very biased from the looks of it.

You can read the Guardian article here: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

And, yes, you are probably right about it being biased, as The Guardian is a leftist paper it plays down the negative findings towards Muslims.
Most people just hate the religion tbh.
Original post by Withengar
Again, slippery-slope argument.

I'm saying that you can't say they're all bad. You equalize being horrible with being Muslim. I'm saying they have their own human rights and dignity, but should definitely be prohibited from spreading negative propaganda and fighting against other people's rights.

Where do I say all Muslims are horrible? I said that I find the views that most Muslims hold are horrible.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
Depends, do the 11 million tory voters base their entire life around their policies and worship them every day and live their life 100% according to tory values?

No, but neither do Muslims, just like any other population they pick and choose the bits that they want to believe. If 96% can say that ISIS is bad for killing infidels, in direct contradiction to the Koran, then the fact that 52% of them believe homosexuality should be illegal must be their personal opinion and not indoctrination, because they have clearly chosen to reject one idea but embrace another.
Original post by James82
23% of British Muslims want sharia law in the UK
32% of British muslims felt sympathy towards those who attacked and killed Charlie Hebdo employees for mocking Allah
49% of British Muslims feel Muslim hate preachers are justified
52% of British Muslims want homosexuality to be made illegal

I don't hate all Muslims, but these statistics show why I hate most Muslims.

Hate is a pretty strong word. Besides, the statistics you posted don't justify your hatred since most Muslims don't hold the ultra-conservative you disagree with, with the exception of the homosexuality statistic - the 50%+ will most likely decrease as time progresses.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Hate is a pretty strong word. Besides, the statistics you posted don't justify your hatred since most Muslims don't hold the ultra-conservative you disagree with, with the exception of the homosexuality statistic - the 50%+ will most likely decrease as time progresses.

Then as time progresses I will hate less Muslims, but as things stand I hate most Muslims.
Original post by James82
Then as time progresses I will hate less Muslims, but as things stand I hate most Muslims.

image.png

Is this you?
What a stupid mindset.

"Yeah mate your religion is disgusting, everything you know to be true about God is a filthy lie, it is repulsive, your family are evil and worship a stupid religion, your prophet was a pedo and you follow a religion which violates democracy and hates gay people and justifies killing people bla bla bla, but you're an alright guy I guess :smile: :smile: :smile:"

You can't insult Islam without implicitly insulting its followers, get out of your stuck up mindset and realise that spamming hate speech about Islam is not the solution.

On that premise you're forcing people to hate both.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
image.png

Is this you?

I've put on a few pounds since that photo was taken.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Hating Islam is fine.

Hating Muslims isn't.

if you're saying that hating islam is "fine", then why is it wrong to hate on other religions? please share your wisdom
Original post by animeamanda1412
if you're saying that hating islam is "fine", then why is it wrong to hate on other religions? please share your wisdom

Did I say anywhere it was wrong to? No I didn't. Every religion has its bad points and people should be able to criticise them and point out the bad points.
Did I say anywhere it was wrong to? No I didn't. Every religion has its bad points and people should be able to criticise them and point out the bad points.

criticise a religion that has billions of followers because of a little group of 10s? yeah makes so much fvcking sense
What a stupid mindset.

"Yeah mate your religion is disgusting, everything you know to be true about God is a filthy lie, it is repulsive, your family are evil and worship a stupid religion, your prophet was a pedo and you follow a religion which violates democracy and hates gay people and justifies killing people bla bla bla, but you're an alright guy I guess :smile: :smile: :smile:"

You can't insult Islam without implicitly insulting its followers, get out of your stuck up mindset and realise that spamming hate speech about Islam is not the solution.

Because most Muslims don't follow every single belief in the Quran. I know Muslims who are completely against the idea of killing gay people and having sex slaves.
Hate speech? You really need to toughen up. Anyone can criticise an ideology and a set of beliefs.
Because most Muslims don't follow every single belief in the Quran. I know Muslims who are completely against the idea of killing gay people and having sex slaves.
Hate speech? You really need to toughen up. Anyone can criticise an ideology and a set of beliefs.

You did explicitly say 'hate' in your post though. Criticism is fine but when you relentlessly hate on a religion over and over with the same old argument you are helping no one, at which point it becomes harassment and actually encourages Muslims to isolate themselves from the community.
criticise a religion that has billions of followers because of a little group of 10s? yeah makes so much fvcking sense

Resorting to frustration isn't putting you in a great light atm babe. Yes I can criticise a religion who on Earth are you to tell me otherwise? I couldn't care less how many followers Islam has. It has its bad points and they can be criticised.
You did explicitly say 'hate' in your post though. Criticism is fine but when you relentlessly hate on a religion over and over with the same old argument you are helping no one, at which point it becomes harassment and actually encourages Muslims to isolate themselves from the community.

What same argument? If you've read the Quran there are verses that condone violence. If you read my post above I said every single religion has its bad points so it's not just Islam alone.

Do you even know what the meaning of harassment is?
criticise because you lack a lot of brain cells and common sense, which makes you not in a "great light"
and don't fvcking call me babe b*tch

Are you a mature person whose trying to get their point across or are you an immature little girl who doesn't like it when she doesn't get what she wants?

Criticising means I lack common sense? How interesting babe do tell! Since when is pointing out the bad points of an ideology dumb? Sad really. You make all the nice Muslims on here who try to explain the bad points of Islam look bad.
Are you a mature person whose trying to get their point across or are you an immature little girl who doesn't like it when she doesn't get what she wants?

Criticising means I lack common sense? How interesting babe do tell! Since when is pointing out the bad points of an ideology dumb? Sad really. You make all the nice Muslims on here who try to explain the bad points of Islam look bad.

im not even gonna bother with an airhead like you, seriously
all im gonna say is, get yourself checked out "babe"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending