Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Edexcel English Language Of Mice and Men Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_core)
    Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extract could you use to analyse candy?
    candy's dream
    reaction to lennies death

ReputationRep:
    Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extracts could you use to analyse candy?
    Chapter 2 when George and Candy talk about the bunkhouse.

Chapter 4 when Candy goes into Crooks' room after Lennie.

ReputationRep:
    Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extract could you use to analyse candy?

Chapter 2 when George talks to Candy about bunkhouse

Chapter 4 when Candy goes into Crooks' room after Lennie

ReputationRep:
    When Candy joins George and Lennie's dream possibly???

ReputationRep:
    Hi, although people are doing the GCSE exam with Edexcel, there are some who are doing GCSE English (The writer's craft, which has three questions on Of Mice and Men and a choice choosing 1 of the 2 writing task) and there are people like me who are doing the GCSE English Language (The writer's voice, which has two questions on Of Mice and Men and a choice of choosing 1 of the 2 writing task.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the OMaM question for the Language paper was in November 2015? I can't find it anywhere online and I want to know so that I know what not to revise last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildOfTheMist)
    Does anyone know what the OMaM question for the Language paper was in November 2015? I can't find it anywhere online and I want to know so that I know what not to revise last minute.
    As it is a very recent exam they would not have it available for students. The latest exam paper available is the June 2015.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeraaa)
    As it is a very recent exam they would not have it available for students. The latest exam paper available is the June 2015.
    Yeah but I just thought someone might have it from their teacher? For example my teacher gave me the November 2015 Edexcel Maths exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarenkaldn)
    I think I am doing a different exam it's so confusing . I have to write an essay ( creative writing part C ) , answer 3 questions about Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet and 3 questions on OMAM .This is Edexcel Exam board .
    It's because your doing only one GCSE whereas we do two so you do something different ... that's what some people in my school do too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildOfTheMist)
    It was "explore how language in the extract influences your view on Curley and his effect on other men in the extract"
    the b) was "explore how Curley was presented in one other part of the novel"

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick post, do you guys know how much time to spend on each question? I was thinking of spending 25-30 minutes on question 5a, and 35-40 minutes on 5b. And the remaining time to be spent on the either question 9 or 10. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vxrz)
    Just a quick post, do you guys know how much time to spend on each question? I was thinking of spending 25-30 minutes on question 5a, and 35-40 minutes on 5b. And the remaining time to be spent on the either question 9 or 10. Do you agree?
    I think that is reasonable timings.

Also good luck everyone for your exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it. I found it okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeraaa)
    How did everyone find it. I found it okay.
    Tbh, I found it okay too Question 9 was a good question for creativity, where you had to write a speech to your headteacher about the type of celebration you'd like to do at the end your studies. The dream question (5a) baffled some, as they misunderstood the question. But in general, i liked it.

ReputationRep:
    I found the wording really weird so i wasnt as able to do as well as i had hoped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.