Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are humans lives greater than animals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not a fact that human lives are more valuable than other animals. Your views on animal rights are not facts either, it's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm glad that the people who usually make these life or death decisions agree that human lives are more valuable.
    (Original post by screwsociety)
    I would save the life of an animal over any human anyday.
    Why is that okay but not 'I would save the life of a human over any animal any day?'

ReputationRep:
    Found the vegan

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? No, seriously though, are you ****ing kidding me?
    First of all, why do you think so highly of animals. If you're saying that animals are innocent or loyal, etc. Then you're utterly mistaken, Seals (for example) rape penguins before eating them.An adult male lion in a herd would abuse and sometimes kill the little cubs. male dolphins gang rape a female and keep her as a sex slave by surrounding her without giving her any chance to escape.

Animals do not have morality or a sense of what's right or wrong, they simply live by their instincts and whoever is most adapted wins. Humans on the other hand have the ability to adapt to almost any kind of a situation, because of our high intellegence we can literally change the world and the environment we live in. Humans have the ability to constantly get stronger and more intellegent in their lifespan through training, learning and observing our surroundings.We have astounding societies where both good and bad humans exist, no human is 100% good or 100% bad, a bad human who raped and murdered has the ability to turn into a good one. Humans are so amazingly complex.

Animals are just animals, they're just there. In my opinion animals exist so we can (a) learn from them, e.g. disecting mammals to learn about an organ (b) use them, e.g. in agriculture (c) eat them.

If someone ever said that they would save an animal life rather than a human one, I would call them an evil person. People like you who always sit in their houses and living in absolute peace will never know the true value of a human life, if you ever go and live in a country where there's war or simply just a poor country you'll see that noone gives a **** about animals. Now, of course that doesn't enable us to inflict pain upon animals or torture them (which is evil). But, human lives are much greater than animal ones, you just don't realise that because of the conditions you live in.

ReputationRep:
    true.

Well most animals.
    Yeah haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    They're not! Completely agree with you! Animals are loyal, kind and intelligent whilst humans are, well...humans
    Humans are a lot more loyal then any animal...

A lot smarter aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammio)
    Humans are a lot more loyal then any animal...

A lot smarter aswell
    In my experience, animals are unconditionally loving whereas humans often betray you. Maybe it's just me but I'm entitled to my view. Actually, some animals are just as intelligent - dolphins for example. We can't gauge the intelligence of another animal without fully understanding them first.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAryr1htkDM

0:48 , though he's incorrect in context lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coz that's how it is

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, animals are unconditionally loving whereas humans often betray you. Maybe it's just me but I'm entitled to my view. Actually, some animals are just as intelligent - dolphins for example. We can't gauge the intelligence of another animal without fully understanding them first.
    Animals are only unconditionally loving when you give them food.

ReputationRep:
    Animals are only unconditionally loving when you give them food.
    Yeah not really. How about for example the case of the woman who was raised by monkeys? She was taken care of by them as family after being abandoned by humans.

ReputationRep:
    Animals are unpredictable. That gorilla couldve ripped that boys arms off at literally any point- it was the right decision to shoot it. Which is a shame because its always sad when endangered animals are killed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah not really. How about for example the case of the woman who was raised by monkeys? She was taken care of by them as family after being abandoned by humans.
    Humans also raise people, its not just monkeys.

Humans probably do a better job aswell.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-priest-stoned

ReputationRep:
    They're not! Completely agree with you! Animals are loyal, kind and intelligent whilst humans are, well...humans
    You're mistaken, COMPLETELY mistaken. What gives you the idea that animals are loyal or kind? They're only "loyal" or "kind" to the human who gives them food, because if they weren't loyal or kind to him/her their source of food would disappear. By operant conditioning, they've associated that if they were to do certain actons they would be given food and/or shelter.
    If you introduce these animals to any new creature/human they would most likely attack it.
    Animals are not as cute as you believe,a group of male Dolphins (for example) keep a female dolphin as a sex slave while gang raping her. Seals rape penguins before eating them. Some female spiders would kill and eat a male after mating with them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If a superior live invaded earth and asked you to give them one reason why they shouldn't destroy humans what would you say?
    Nukes. Still **** them up pretty bad with those.

ReputationRep:
    Humans also raise people, its not just monkeys.

Humans probably do a better job aswell.
    Humans also kill/abuse/give up their children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominator1)
    You're mistaken, COMPLETELY mistaken. What gives you the idea that animals are loyal or kind? They're only "loyal" or "kind" to the human who gives them food, because if they weren't loyal or kind to him/her their source of food would disappear. By operant conditioning, they've associated that if they were to do certain actons they would be given food and/or shelter.
    If you introduce these animals to any new creature/human they would most likely attack it.
    Animals are not as cute as you believe,a group of male Dolphins (for example) keep a female dolphin as a sex slave while gang raping her. Seals rape penguins before eating them. Some female spiders would kill and eat a male after mating with them.
    Actually the food one is classical conditioning as you associate the human with the food. Humans do all sorts of horrible things against their own kind too.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Give me a reason. A FACT and not an OPINION.

Nonne of yous will be able to do it because saying 'humans lives are of greater value than a humans is just an opinion'

**** humans.

I would save the life of an animal over any human anyday.
    They're not.

ReputationRep:
    Humans are no better.

ReputationRep:
    Humans are no better.
    No one said humans are perfect. But you said 'Animals are loyal, kind and intelligent whilst humans are, well...humans', which implies that animals are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.