Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your most disappointing and underwhelming moment in a video game? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 campaigns. Then they basically said 'screw it' and release battlefront with no campaign, basically shows EA's attitudes towards things.

ReputationRep:
    When I finally completed Dark Souls 1 earlier this year I expected the ending to be the most epic cinematic I'd seen in a very long time. Devastated and rather underwhelmed is putting it lightly.

ReputationRep:
    Crysis 2. I jerked myself off to Crysis & Crysis Warhead, when I heard they were making a new one I got all excited and preordered. To this day I haven't completed it or even got very far. It was such watered down horseshit compared to the 1st one. I still blame casual console benders for having *****y underpowered hardware.

ReputationRep:
    When I turned Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    As said in the title which moment in any video game had you disappointed the most due to your expectation of what would happen?

For me it is my second fight against Corvus in Dragon Quest 9. First time I was a JRPG noob so I was **** at the game and I had to beat him with a lv55 party with crap classes. Second time around about a year later I decided to restart the game and this time... I kicked the **** out of him solo at lv30. This had to be so disappointing for me because this was the final story boss and he was just piss easy, some of the first few bosses were far harder than he was. Luckily the game has some horrendous side bosses for post story.

Civilisation Revolution.
    Turn-based games can be good but from the cinematic trailer I thought it would be a first person game where you built up an empire across thousands of years.
    Got the demo. I was very, very wrong.

I love RTSs though.

ReputationRep:
    Borderlands 2 is my favourite game of all time, don't get me wrong.

But the final boss fight against The Warrior - an all-powerful alien being that's said to be able to wipe out the planet - has to be one of the (if not the single) easiest boss fights in the game. Fought him 5 times now and have never had even close to a challenging fight.

Just a disappointing climax to a great game tbh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Plasmapause)
    Mass effect 3's ending
    I was torn between that and Watch_Dogs ending

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Trying Falcon Lost incursion for the division.

Actually, make that the whole of the division "endgame". So poor.

ReputationRep:
    When you have this stupid bug that noone can get pregant anymore in your town in the sims 3

ReputationRep:
    Probably the ending of Firewatch.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole game builds up to some big conspiracy, that every action or decision you make is being secretly monitored by scientists, and that you are being subconsciously manipulated as some part of strange experiment. But then it turns out that some guy accidentally let his son die whilst climbing and he doesn't want you finding out about it, so he just scatters some fake clip boards and things around the place to make you think that theirs a conspiracy to scare you off. I was so interested in the conspiracy that the game had been building and building upon, and I was really disappointed when there was a massive anticlimax just at the point when you think all will be revealed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just thought of another one; Hitman absolution, got a third of the way through, three times before it crashed and deleted all progress. I was getting top of the friends leaderboards as well.
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Borderlands 2 is my favourite game of all time, don't get me wrong.

But the final boss fight against The Warrior - an all-powerful alien being that's said to be able to wipe out the planet - has to be one of the (if not the single) easiest boss fights in the game. Fought him 5 times now and have never had even close to a challenging fight.

Just a disappointing climax to a great game tbh.
    Easy?!? It was so difficult for me :/, my guns were crap, so maybe that's why. I had to do it using a little exploit I found

Did you do it solo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Easy?!? It was so difficult for me :/, my guns were crap, so maybe that's why. I had to do it using a little exploit I found

Did you do it solo?
    4 outta 5 times were solo yeah... I haven't fought him in ultimate yet so I'd imagine it'll increase a little there heheh

I will admit the Lady Fist is the ultimate warrior-killing weapon

ReputationRep:
    >"mid or feed"
    >Insta locks Yorick
    >Still wins

I was expecting a ****ing marching band along with a nobel prize.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    4 outta 5 times were solo yeah... I haven't fought him in ultimate yet so I'd imagine it'll increase a little there heheh

Well props to you then. I think it'd be easier on legendary, since you're more experienced, I found legendary easier than 1st playthrough actually. I really want to play Borderlands now...

ReputationRep:

Weirdly enough I found the hardest part of the game was during the first stage in the Snow area, with the mounted boss and just generally the amount of enemies you had to fight in the area - mostly due to inexperience with the game but also barely any abilities or terrible guns haha.

From then on - there's definitely some challenging parts but mostly straightforward, although I've done almost all the game with a friend in co-op so maybe not quite the same in solo the best parts of the game are definitely the extensions with the fantasy world, notably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plasmapause)
    Mass effect 3's ending
    This, when you play such a great game, one of the bests from 1-3. Move your character from 1-3, carry the story from 1-3. In a game all about choices and how it affect people and the world around you. To have such a crap ending was so disappointing, one of the worst ending ive seen, for such a great game.I think they made a new ending but i couldnt be asked to download it and replay the game after the first ending.

Mafia 2 also had a game breakign bug at one stage, that could happen to some people, that was unpatched for ages. So since i was pretty rich in the game , i couldnt finish the game and had to start again. since A mission would not start due to the bug, and it was one of the last missions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.bos55)
    Probably the ending of Firewatch.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole game builds up to some big conspiracy, that every action or decision you make is being secretly monitored by scientists, and that you are being subconsciously manipulated as some part of strange experiment. But then it turns out that some guy accidentally let his son die whilst climbing and he doesn't want you finding out about it, so he just scatters some fake clip boards and things around the place to make you think that theirs a conspiracy to scare you off. I was so interested in the conspiracy that the game had been building and building upon, and I was really disappointed when there was a massive anticlimax just at the point when you think all will be revealed.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I was more underwhelmed that the disappearing girls were found alive and unharmed. Was expecting a police investigation.

Game was a let down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just gonna say the Institute ending of Fallout 4.

Or Beyond Two Souls and the mission near Mexico.

Or Pro Clubs in FIFA 16 after they simplified it.

EDIT: No, scratch that. Big Batman game fan, but in Arkham Origins when you realise BM = The Joker (and Troy Baker)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Halo 5 entirely was a fkn joke. Redeemed by its online only just.
    Also probably not a moment as such but when I first played Gran Turismo 6 after Forza 4 and realised how backwards in every aspect the game was smh, all that hype about it fixing the errors of GT5 and it regressed even from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    Weirdly enough I found the hardest part of the game was during the first stage in the Snow area, with the mounted boss and just generally the amount of enemies you had to fight in the area - mostly due to inexperience with the game but also barely any abilities or terrible guns haha.

From then on - there's definitely some challenging parts but mostly straightforward, although I've done almost all the game with a friend in co-op so maybe not quite the same in solo the best parts of the game are definitely the extensions with the fantasy world, notably
    I agree, Tiny Tina's DLC is my favourite bit of the game :ahee:

But playing Ultimate in solo is the hardest thing - I only get by because I have an OP SHiFT-code **** SMG heheh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.