Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macaronat)
    Oh gosh I have 20, but some of my friends have around 12-14 because they don't do triple science. Does anyone have any clashes or days in isolation?
    Good Luck!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Genialtropism)
    I'm a a mature student who's polishing up on his grades, so I basically chose to redo all the 'main' ones, hence I have so many fewer exams than ya'all. I can only reminisce how challenging it would be to do around 30 exams!

I did mine 4 years ago (20 y/o now)...
    Ah I see, and I have 23 in total but I've already sat 10. At first the idea of loads of exams is a bit scary but you quickly get used to it. Did you need to resit or was it just from choice? As surely most people prefer A Levels (or equivalent) over GCSEs now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Ah I see, and I have 23 in total but I've already sat 10. At first the idea of loads of exams is a bit scary but you quickly get used to it. Did you need to resit or was it just from choice? As surely most people prefer A Levels (or equivalent) over GCSEs now?
    I'm aiming for Cambridge, , so it's not really a choice but more of a get-down-to-it-and-grind ambition. Hope you ace yours too...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm aiming for Cambridge, , so it's not really a choice but more of a get-down-to-it-and-grind ambition. Hope you ace yours too...
    Oh wow! Well I wish you the best of luck and hope you smash your exams and get into Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile I'm here with 14 Exams
    Did 3 Last year

ReputationRep:
    Wait all A*!
    I'll be lucky to get 4A* out of 9, but you want all
    I bid you Goodluck, Sir Einstein Jr.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is dedicated to the guys and gals who want to win the bread and avoid the dread this year. My aim is an entourage of A*s, but I'm not there just yet...so imma be highlighting my journey on a daily, or even 6-hourly basis for the world to see!

Enjoy!

GCSE'S: Maths, English, Science....

I've already completed all my Science exams, and I'm on track for an A*. Got the highest in college for my ISA exam 44/50 (moderated down from 46 to 44!)

English: I got 100% in my coursework, so yeah, one of the best scores in the UK! Have the exam now!

TODAY: 31.05.2016 - Woke up super late today; 5pm in the evening after having a late-night binge on a popular TV series last night. I guess the stress just got the most of me, and I felt like there's more to life then a bunch of squirmy algebraic fractions. Will be making up for that today.
    Update 2: 1/06/16: Met a friend today in the Library who's already where I want to be and we did a couple exam papers, in which I averaged some poor B's. (Yeah I know). That said though, I've really learnt where all my weaknesses lie, and so now I'm able to use my laser more precisely. In summary, my techniques were to simply 'name' the topics I flunked; generate them into a tickable list, and simply master them this evening. I will now terminate into a recurring frenzy of delight...all night! Oh, and by the way is it wierd that I allocate different girly names to my subjects? For instance, I call Math, Stacy; she sounds less deadly ..

ReputationRep:
    Update 3: 2/06/16: Okay so 'Healthy Breakfast', tick. Ton of Maths; kinda tick.

Specifically though, I focussed on Simultaneous Equations (SE) and Surds today, and after encountering the (U2 AQA) exam paper, had a nasty little surprise waiting for me where they threw in indices in the guise of an SE. I thought that was just for Quadratics! Totally threw me off! That said though, I'm subtly realising that my knowledge is indeed building -not at the astronomical pace I wanted it to- but still steadily.

Most importantly, I am finding my vulnerabilities. Algebra seems to be my weak point but now that I've realised this, I'm running to HegartyMaths or someone equally exuberant in their knowledge to polish up. Actually let's not go that far...it's more like finding the rust in my case; scraping it off; and then finally swallowing it so I'm psychologically aware of the bitter taste of my mistakes.

Ok, I'll hop on now...see you (my awesome super-dooper boys and girls tomoz!) Keep going. MATH is amazing. It's just the hurdles that curdle you. Go past them, and you'll feel the velvety texture of smooth...ahem, custard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    Wait all A*!
    I'll be lucky to get 4A* out of 9, but you want all
    I bid you Goodluck, Sir Einstein Jr.
    Thank you. And yourself too....wish you the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Oh wow! Well I wish you the best of luck and hope you smash your exams and get into Cambridge!
    Already been to the Uni via the Mature Student's Scheme, and boy oh boy...was I mesmerised! That was 4 months ago, and everyday I wake up and look into the mirror, I see the swirl in my iris! Forever. Hypnotised...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.