Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get my boyfriend to pay attention to me watch

ReputationRep:
    Cheat

just end it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    If he doesn't care about you, why do you care about him?
    Because I'm not heartless and he did at some point. And jumping to conclusions and acting on impulse isn't always the right course of action. you don't get what you want by quitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaLisa12)
    My boyfriend and I go to seperate unis but i feel like he doesnt miss me or isnt interested in even asking how i am unless it benefits him i.e. when he wants me to visit him at his uni.
    I feel like hes avoiding me and I miss being able to talk to him on the phone like i used to and ive hinted at it. But he doesnt get it. I feel like he thinks im just trying to get his attention so i can complain. Ive even ignored him (overtly and discreetly) and it doesnt seem like he cares. What do I do?
    Tbh, it sounds like you've only hinted at your unhappiness, and haven't really tried to properly talk to him about it. Just tell him how you feel, rather than try to make him puzzle it out.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm not heartless and he did at some point. And jumping to conclusions and acting on impulse isn't always the right course of action. you don't get what you want by quitting.
    I'm not suggesting you should just assume the worst ~ but you're certainly making it seem like he doesn't really care much for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Tbh, it sounds like you've only hinted at your unhappiness, and haven't really tried to properly talk to him about it. Just tell him how you feel, rather than try to make him puzzle it out.

:hugs:
    ive blatantly brought it up 3x and all ive got are words not followed by actions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poundsoffat)
    k den
    didn't need your response but ok then. anyway

ReputationRep:
    I agree completely. ive brought up taking a break, giving each other space and even hinted at giving him an opportunity to leave; and everytime he says its me overthinking and then does this whole speech that's never backed up by actions. Would you suggest any other tactic to fix things? if not how do I leave?
    A few tactics to fix things that I would suggest are :
    -Showing him how dedicated you are to your relationship and how it hurts you the way he is so flippant about it
    -Show him that you really will be done with him if he continues this way. So far, he knows that you are still with him even though he hasn't been very good so it's not really made him realise that he could lose you, he thinks that you are guaranteed to stay with him so you have to show him that you are not

If he continues to be this way and you want to end things, the easiest way is to delete him straight out of your life. This seems harsh but it's the only way for you to get ride of, and get over, him. By deleting him, I mean that you need to just tell him that you want to break up and why you want to break up. If he begins to defend himself, tell him that you have offered him chance after chance that he has not taken. Then, proceed to deleting his contact number and erasing him from all of your social media and just basically pushing him out of your life. If he does contact you again and if it isn't about sorting his act out, block his number

ReputationRep:
    Get a new boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz_yoongi)
    A few tactics to fix things that I would suggest are :
    -Showing him how dedicated you are to your relationship and how it hurts you the way he is so flippant about it
    -Show him that you really will be done with him if he continues this way. So far, he knows that you are still with him even though he hasn't been very good so it's not really made him realise that he could lose you, he thinks that you are guaranteed to stay with him so you have to show him that you are not

If he continues to be this way and you want to end things, the easiest way is to delete him straight out of your life. This seems harsh but it's the only way for you to get ride of, and get over, him. By deleting him, I mean that you need to just tell him that you want to break up and why you want to break up. If he begins to defend himself, tell him that you have offered him chance after chance that he has not taken. Then, proceed to deleting his contact number and erasing him from all of your social media and just basically pushing him out of your life. If he does contact you again and if it isn't about sorting his act out, block his number
    thank you

suck him off

ReputationRep:
    Time to get a back up plan, don't wait on someone who isn't willing to fix things you're just screwing yourself over. Start talking to other guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.