Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrytqo)
    the correct answer to question 7 was 9pi^2/8 +pi

i got 9pi^2/8 - pi
    do yous think that would only lose 1 mark?
    I forgot to multiply by pi too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9clpc9)
    I forgot to multiply by pi too
    Howin gods name do you integrate sin^2(2x) i have been staring at it for about an hour and have made zero progress

ReputationRep:
    Use the cos2θ = 1 - 2sin^2θ rule and rearrange for sin^2θ. Then just say θ = 2x and integrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden hawk)
    Thought the paper was harder than usual tbh but these are the answers I got
    1. 2ln(x)-3ln(2-x)+c
    2i. root 26
    ii. r=(1,3,5) + λ(-3,4,-1)
    iii. No as λ is not constant
    3. pi/4, pi/2, 3pi/4 [+- for all of them].
    4i. 5/(2x+4)
    ii. (5/x)-1 Domain: x does not equal 0.
    iii. graph of the right hand side of an x^2 curve.
    iv(a). hg(x)
    iv(b). h^-1f(x)
    iv(c). gg(x)
    5i. Prove Differentiation.
    ii. Stationary point at (-2,-1) and it is a max with the value of d2y/dx2=-1/2
    6. Proving trig identity.
    7. volume= (9π^2/8)+π
    8.(1/2)e^2y=(1/2)x^2ln(x)-(1/4)x^2+(1/4)(2e^4+1)
    got the exact same value for 8 as you so thanks for the confidence boost haah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.bob)
    Howin gods name do you integrate sin^2(2x) i have been staring at it for about an hour and have made zero progress
    Aww man Name:  image.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  328.4 KB

Use the double angle formulae, hopefully this clears it up.

Anyone doing S1 tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9clpc9)
    Aww man Name:  image.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  328.4 KB

Use the double angle formulae, hopefully this clears it up.

Anyone doing S1 tomorrow?
    jeez i completely skipped over the double angle/compund formulae in revision (only did 2 past papers and they did not come up oops )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.bob)
    jeez i completely skipped over the double angle/compund formulae in revision (only did 2 past papers and they did not come up oops )

Aww Yeah, I revised over them last night too and some in the morning 😂 Hopefully it'll be low grade boundaries this year since it was pretty hard

ReputationRep:
    For question 5 ii i set dy/dx = 0 and found 2y=x

i then found the second derivative and put x into it and got (0,0) as the stationary point and therefore 0 as the second derivative so a point of inflection. How many marks do you reckon i will lose?

ReputationRep:
    For question 3 i was getting pi/6 and 5pi/6. Did the equation simplify to sinx = plus and minus 0.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smcdonald98)
    For question 3 i was getting pi/6 and 5pi/6. Did the equation simplify to sinx = plus and minus 0.5
    ahhh forgot to take the square root

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the S1?? If so, what did you think of it

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was good. Probably the best maths paper this year. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh581)
    Thought it was good. Probably the best maths paper this year. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought it was a good paper. However, people got confused with question 6b. People either used a Venn diagram or a tree diagram. I don't know which method is right as when I keep going over it, I think of a tree diagram. What was your answer? I got 0.52 or something

ReputationRep:
    I drew a Venn diagram maybe that's why I couldn't get an answer. Pretty sure I didn't get any marks for that whole question. The rest of of the paper was fine I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.