Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AQA Computer Science GCSE "Wednesday 8th June 2016* Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get the mark, I'm not sure if it asked to give the answer in 8-bit or if it didn't say that.
    (Original post by mikethecrilly)
    Do you think you would get the mark without a 0 at the start? I considered it but in the end just put 1010111

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lin-e)
    I talked to people from two schools in Newcastle (I'm in London), and they said they found it quite easy as well. My class found it alright too, so I'm expecting pretty high boundaries. I got 122 on my CA so I'm banking mostly on that haha
    Haha I got 2 high B's I'm banking on the exam😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boojiebaba)
    It's usually 80% for an A* (ie. about 67/84) but I have a feeling it might be around 70/84 this time.
    Pretty high then huh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmald583)
    Was a bit confused about the last question as the example output #2 they gave didn't match with the Pseudocode they wrote for Figure 5. Rock doesn't beat paper and scissors!
    Yeah I noticed that too haha, I just ignored it xD Although I did think to leave them a little note as to how Rock Paper Scissors actually works xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webb-tom2)
    Yeah I noticed that too haha, I just ignored it xD Although I did think to leave them a little note as to how Rock Paper Scissors actually works xD
    Problem was that you could either write the algorithm to fit with their pseudocode from before or those examples! Since it said not to change the pseudocode I ignored the example and wrote a note.

ReputationRep:
    Hi what did people get for the order of the handshaking process (numbered 1-4) some people have said the client started it whilst others have said the server first had to connect to the webpage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sward07)
    Hi what did people get for the order of the handshaking process (numbered 1-4) some people have said the client started it whilst others have said the server first had to connect to the webpage?
    i said the client started it :/ and I thought the point about the server was worded differently than that but now I'm not so sure

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it was this order:

Client requests page
    Server connects to database
    Server delivers page
    Client displays page

Not entirely sure how it was worded but I think that order's right.

ReputationRep:
    What book do you use to revise for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by person0)
    What book do you use to revise for the exam?
    This is good:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Co...+science+notes

Tbh, AQA looks to be the hardest exam board for GCSE Computing/Computer Science. Every other exam board has piss easy questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.