The Student Room Group

Official AQA Computer Science GCSE "Wednesday 8th June 2016*

Scroll to see replies

I think you should get the mark, I'm not sure if it asked to give the answer in 8-bit or if it didn't say that.
Original post by mikethecrilly
Do you think you would get the mark without a 0 at the start? I considered it but in the end just put 1010111
Original post by lin-e
I talked to people from two schools in Newcastle (I'm in London), and they said they found it quite easy as well. My class found it alright too, so I'm expecting pretty high boundaries. I got 122 on my CA so I'm banking mostly on that haha

Haha I got 2 high B's I'm banking on the exam😂
Original post by boojiebaba
It's usually 80% for an A* (ie. about 67/84) but I have a feeling it might be around 70/84 this time.

Pretty high then huh
Original post by emmald583
Was a bit confused about the last question as the example output #2 they gave didn't match with the Pseudocode they wrote for Figure 5. Rock doesn't beat paper and scissors!

Yeah I noticed that too haha, I just ignored it xD Although I did think to leave them a little note as to how Rock Paper Scissors actually works xD
Original post by webb-tom2
Yeah I noticed that too haha, I just ignored it xD Although I did think to leave them a little note as to how Rock Paper Scissors actually works xD

Problem was that you could either write the algorithm to fit with their pseudocode from before or those examples! Since it said not to change the pseudocode I ignored the example and wrote a note.
Reply 25
Hi what did people get for the order of the handshaking process (numbered 1-4) some people have said the client started it whilst others have said the server first had to connect to the webpage?
Reply 26
Original post by sward07
Hi what did people get for the order of the handshaking process (numbered 1-4) some people have said the client started it whilst others have said the server first had to connect to the webpage?

i said the client started it :/ and I thought the point about the server was worded differently than that but now I'm not so sure
I'm pretty sure it was this order:

Client requests page
Server connects to database
Server delivers page
Client displays page

Not entirely sure how it was worded but I think that order's right.
Reply 28
What book do you use to revise for the exam?
Reply 29
Original post by person0
What book do you use to revise for the exam?

This is good:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Computer-Science-Computing-Fundamentals/dp/1444193864/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472596144&sr=8-1&keywords=aqa+gcse+computer+science+notes

Tbh, AQA looks to be the hardest exam board for GCSE Computing/Computer Science. Every other exam board has piss easy questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending