Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Psychology and photography!! My teachers are amazing and so are the subjects

ReputationRep:
    Coming to think about it, I'll actually miss so many subjects since I picked the GCSEs that I really enjoy:
    French, Spanish, Computing, History and Physics
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jamierogers21)
    I'll definitely miss RS, actually learnt a lot and had a great teacher. I really enjoyed the exams as well
    What does the abbreviation RS mean? did you drop this subject after GCSE and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    What does the abbreviation RS mean? did you drop this subject after GCSE and why?
    Religious Studies and I have finished my exams for this subject and plan on dropping it in September. I'm dropping it as there are many other subjects which I prefer and are more relatable to my career aspirations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oniisanitstoobig)
    I'm going to miss doing physics to be honest (though I probably will take theoretical physics modules if I get a chance). Unfortunately physics seems to be one of the most mentioned subjects on the other thread.

(Original post by aamirac)
    I miss computing:
    (Original post by TomH1)
    Chemistry, Physics, IT
    Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.
    But A2 physics still has the optional units which are bs.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Religious Studies and I have finished my exams for this subject and plan on dropping it in September. I'm dropping it as there are many other subjects which I prefer and are more relatable to my career aspirations.
    I see. And what kind of career are you aiming for yourself? I guess it has nothing to do with religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I see. And what kind of career are you aiming for yourself? I guess it has nothing to do with religion.
    Something science-related. Not really too sure what, I keep changing my mind. What about yourself?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Something science-related. Not really too sure what, I keep changing my mind. What about yourself?
    I am out of my school days now. Have not regretted my choices till the end of my exams, except Latin. In retrospect, French would have been the better choice. Maybe...

ReputationRep:
    English Literature, French, Geography and Computing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    definitely spanish and drama

ReputationRep:
    It's Religious Education, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    It's Religious Education, actually.
    Yours might be but mine isn't, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Yours might be but mine isn't, actually.
    What exam board did you do? Let me guess...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    What exam board did you do? Let me guess...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Edexcel
    Nope, AQA

ReputationRep:
    Nope, AQA
    Oh damn, shutdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)

In answer to your question, none of them as I hated all my teachers.
    That anti-climatic comment at the end XD XD XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going to miss media for some weird reason.. it was just such a fun subject to mess about in lol

ReputationRep:
    Maths- it is the most logical subject and i like problem-solving through the questions. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    None.

ReputationRep:
    Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh, and have I mentioned Music?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.