Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a smoker - ask me anything! watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever smoke Mayfair or pall mall ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbanghowwie)
    Do you ever smoke Mayfair or pall mall ?
    No, i've only smoked GV (mostly), Benson & Hedges and Winston. I might do in the future though

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you don't regret it (...yet)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I'm guessing you don't regret it (...yet)?
    I probably shouldn't have started but I do enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajsmith171)
    I probably shouldn't have started but I do enjoy it
    I'm pretty curious since I'll never do it: can you describe the sensation and what compels you to smoke? Also how many a day?

As the title suggests, as a smoker, ask me anything...
    Reason for smoking?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Reason for smoking?)Posted from TSR Mobile
    A couple of my mates smoked so I started too

ReputationRep:
    Does it not scare you, considering the potential consequences? I work in care, but even before that smoking terrified me. I am curious how you get past that, and don't mean to be rude or want to influence your choices at all.

A couple of my mates smoked so I started too
    Will you ever consider quitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFBS)
    Does it not scare you, considering the potential consequences? I work in care, but even before that smoking terrified me. I am curious how you get past that, and don't mean to be rude or want to influence your choices at all.
    To be honest, at the moment I enjoy smoking and allthough I fully know what the potential consequences it doesn't worry me too much. I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life and I would like to give up in the next few years. When I started, I didn't really focus or think about the consequences, which maybe if I had thought it through more, I wouldn't have started.

ReputationRep:
    Will you ever consider quitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I hope to in the next 2 years or so. Probably easier said then done though!

Did you enjoy smoking on your first day , or it became a habit after some timee ?

I've tried it once and i didn't quite like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are you voluntarily killing yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I understand that you already know that smoking damages your internal organs. Does this not scare you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I'm pretty curious since I'll never do it: can you describe the sensation and what compels you to smoke? Also how many a day?
    It's a weird thing to describe, but I find it quite relaxing and pleasant and you also get a buzz from it (a nicotine rush). My first couple though felt really bad, it really burnt the back of my throat and I went really light headed (that's putting it lightly).

I smoke about 5-6 a day at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Did you enjoy smoking on your first day , or it became a habit after some timee ?

I've tried it once and i didn't quite like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really didn't like it the first few times but I put up with it as my freinds smoked and then after a few I began to enjoy it and get a pretty big buzz from it.

ReputationRep:
    Did you enjoy smoking at first or did you have to endure it before you came to like it ? I've heard a lot of smokers didn't like it at first but kept at it and eventually it went soothly for them. Just don't understand why you would keep smoking if you didn't enjoy it at first.

EDIT: never realised someone already asked that question lol, never mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you bun up as well or nah?

ReputationRep:
    How do you afford it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alipattzr5)
    I understand that you already know that smoking damages your internal organs. Does this not scare you?
    I sort of take life as it comes, and I don't tend to worry much about things so not too much but I don't really think about it much. I hope to give up it up in the next couple of years, I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.