Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a really weird remark you've ever been given about your physical appearance? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 123moon)
    Awww some people are just mean. I bet you are beautiful
    Ikr :unimpressed: Haha thanks so are you

ReputationRep:
    I don't get that many..
    Someone said I looked like a cross between Heath Ledger and Kurt Cobain or something like that. I don't think so, but it was based on facebook photos lol

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel, internet high 5.
    yes girl, #thickbrowstruggles
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    "Wow you're actually really pretty" (sounding so surprised)

"Are your eyes green?" (When they clearly are light brown)

"You seriously need your eyebrows done, girl. They have so much potential"
    Aw that eyebrow thing is annoying. You are pretty don't know why they are surprised. My science teacher said something like this last year, I asked her a question and she was just staring at me then she said ' you are actually pretty ' ?!

ReputationRep:
    "your so thin you look ill"

"you have a coke nose" (i have an odd shaped nose where my nostrils are)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    You have to mention it now, c'mon.
    She was like - 'it's because it looks like a separate being but it's also packed right in there and looks out of control and weirdly lumpy'

To this day I don't know to be flattered or offended.

(Original post by KoreanSpammer)
    She was like - 'it's because it looks like a separate being but it's also packed right in there and looks out of control and weirdly lumpy'

To this day I don't know to be flattered or offended.
    Flattered :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Aw that eyebrow thing is annoying. You are pretty don't know why they are surprised. My science teacher said something like this last year, I asked her a question and she was just staring at me then she said ' you are actually pretty ' ?!
    Yes it is, trust me. Sometimes people just stare and don't say anything and i'm like "what's wrong?" and they are like "Your eyebrows look different, more tidy have you done anything to them?" and i'm like " no" and it's just like "Oh…" it's quite pointless they judge quite quickly but i'm so use to it now it doesn't bug me as much. I was getting changed for P.E last year and my friend kept staring and was just like "You're actually really pretty" and i was like "okay.." it was kinda embarrassing because then everyone just started staring at me… and i don't really like that kind of attention. It's nice to know i can relate someone
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    "your so thin you look ill"

"you have a coke nose" (i have an odd shaped nose where my nostrils are)
    Aw that's so mean :ashamed:
    Hope your ok
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes it is, trust me. Sometimes people just stare and don't say anything and i'm like "what's wrong?" and they are like "Your eyebrows look different, more tidy have you done anything to them?" and i'm like " no" and it's just like "Oh…" it's quite pointless they judge quite quickly but i'm so use to it now it doesn't bug me as much. I was getting changed for P.E last year and my friend was like to me "You're actually really pretty" and i was like "okay.." it was kinda embarrassing because then everyone just started staring at me… and i don't really like that kind of attention. It's nice to know i can relate someone
    Haha no one really says much about my eyebrows but mine are thin and curved also they don't grow messily. So i guess it's ok but as soon as i've done my eyebrows everyone would be like eyebrows on FLEEK. I'm like ' urm... thanks.'
    It's really embarrassing. Same. Haha yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoreanSpammer)
    Me neither. I questioned why the baby reptile had to be retarded. I won't mention the response.
    NO, MENTION THE RESPONSE!! i'm interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha no one really says much about my eyebrows but mine are thin and curved also they don't grow messily. So i guess it's ok but as soon as i've done my eyebrows everyone would be like eyebrows on FLEEK. I'm like ' urm... thanks.'
    It's really embarrassing. Same. Haha yep
    Ahhh lucky!

ReputationRep:
    "You're ugly in school, but you have potential"

ReputationRep:
    I don't like my jaw line someone once told me "It's so sharp like a knife" Which is good if i was guy… apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I think the strangest ever was when I was about 10. A classmate asked me what it was like to be so thin. I told her that I didn't know, because I had never been anything else to compare it with. Still think it is strange.

ReputationRep:
    Can be a compliment or an insult.

I was told:
    "I like your aligned nostrils. And the form of the area between your upper lip and nose is very nice."
    :rofl:
    "The more weight you gain, the prettier you get".

ReputationRep:
    "wow your eyes are really really blue"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    "The more weight you gain, the prettier you get".
    Oh gosh, nobody ever said that to me. Instead, I got rebuked for being thicker than most girls. Smh. :lol:
    People have such strange expectations.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, nobody ever said that to me. Instead, I got rebuked for being thicker than most girls. Smh. :lol:
    People have such strange expectations.
    I know right haha
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Can be a compliment or an insult.

I was told:
    "I like your aligned nostrils. And the form of the area between your upper lip and nose is very nice."
    :rofl:
    To me: "your facial features are all out of proportion with each other, like Mr Potato Head" :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.