Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ironically the Vote Remain camp is far more backward than Vote Leave watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nidhoggr)
    Immigrants are actually stealing jobs though.
    LOOOOOL.

No one is entitled to a job, the best ppl get the job, period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    LOOOOOL.

No one is entitled to a job, the best ppl get the job, period.
    Yes but government should enact policies in the interests of its citizens, which means not being part of a system that allows millions of immigrants free reign to come and move into their country and take jobs away from them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but government should enact policies in the interests of its citizens, which means not being part of a system that allows millions of immigrants free reign to come and move into their country and take jobs away from them.
    As i said, no one is entitled to a job. It's up to you and you only to get a job, that isnt the governments job to get the lazy britons of their asses and stop claiming benefits.

You make me cringe hard.

ReputationRep:
    Brexiters speak from emotions, rather than logic. They sound so paranoid, you would think that the UK is being ruled by a theocratic regime. Immigration is good for the UK. The EU gives the UK a chance to compete with the more powerful economies.

ReputationRep:
    As i said, no one is entitled to a job. It's up to you and you only to get a job, that isnt the governments job to get the lazy britons of their asses and stop claiming benefits.

You make me cringe hard.

But if more immigrants come and take our jobs, then more people Brits will be claiming benefits, and the UK public services cost will be higher because of the hundreds of thousands of new people we have.

In other words, your logic is clearly flawed.

ReputationRep:
    But if more immigrants come and take our jobs, then more people Brits will be claiming benefits, and the UK public services cost will be higher because of the hundreds of thousands of new people we have.

In other words, your logic is clearly flawed.
    Unemployment is low right now and there are plenty of jobs out there. Anyway, that was just an example. My point is still intact and i rest my case.

In other words, you're clearly getting desperate for a counter argument.

ReputationRep:
    Unemployment is low right now and there are plenty of jobs out there. Anyway, that was just an example. My point is still intact and i rest my case.

In other words, you're clearly getting desperate for a counter argument.
    You lose mate.

First one to resort to ad hominem loses the argument. That's internet rules of debating, how do you not know this?

But seriously, you dont have a counter, so have just resorted to ****ging me off.

Weak.

ReputationRep:
    You lose mate.

First one to resort to ad hominem loses the argument. That's internet rules of debating, how do you not know this?

But seriously, you dont have a counter, so have just resorted to ****ging me off.

Weak.
    Where was the ad hom?

Fail.

No one is entitled to a job. End of. You never countered that and you actually agreed with it so i dont know what you're on about.

Dont bother replying for the last word, you know you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Where was the ad hom?

Fail.

No one is entitled to a job. End of. You never countered that and you actually agreed with it so i dont know what you're on about.

Dont bother replying for the last word, you know you're wrong.
    Notice how you conveniently dodged my point about public services costs.

ReputationRep:
    Notice how you conveniently dodged my point about public services costs.
    Notice how you conveniently steered off topic and used Strawman to try and catch me off the hook. Dont try it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.