Yes!
    58.33%
    No!
    25.00%
    troll
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnotbob)
    But the chance that something bad happens to them in the supermarket is much less than in a zoo, yes there's always risks but who's consequences are worse? the Zoo's of course
    Honestly the biggest risk for a child at the zoo, statistically, is a kidnapper. And I believe they lurk in supermarkets too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Honestly the biggest risk for a child at the zoo, statistically, is a kidnapper. And I believe they lurk in supermarkets too.
    not denying that they don't but tbh it really was silly of the parent in the first place shoudl've kept a better eye on them

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why the gorilla couldn't have been shot with a tranquilliser rather than shot dead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The creature would have been killed regardless unfortunately.
    Shame though, why should an animal be slughtered because of some strupid tart allowing her kid to run rough shod and the animal only acting on natural impulse.

ReputationRep:
    The mom was at fault for not watching her child in the first place and the zoo was taking precaution. If the gorilla killed the little boy then people would upset at the zoo for not putting the gorilla down. The gorilla could've killed the child or accidentally injured the child since he was gigantic and incredibly strong. The child was 4 years old. Its normal for 4 years old to do dumb things because they're naturally curious. No expected for the child to be able to slip in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhia9)
    I don't understand why the gorilla couldn't have been shot with a tranquilliser rather than shot dead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently because it doesn't immediately get knocked out by the tranquilliser it could have made it angry / sent it mad making the situation more dangerous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people commenting about the situation probably eat meat on a daily basis which kills many animals in much worse ways than being shot. So in general a lot of those people on Facebook don't really care about animals all they want is another reason to make the world seem "corrupt" and gives them something to complain about. Also imagine if it was your child and the zoo said sorry we're just going to leave them get dragged around and see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI)
    The mother of the kid will still get the sticking
    Well she doesn't exactly deserve parent of the year award does she..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    *Gorilla kills boy*
    "Why didn't the zoo do anything!?"

*Zoo kills the gorilla*
    "Why did they kill the gorilla, why can't the parents look after their child?"
    You have omitted a third possibility:

Zoo tries and fails to kill gorilla. Enraged gorilla kills boy
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    You have omitted a third possibility:

Zoo tries and fails to kill gorilla. Enraged gorilla kills boy
    You have omitted a fourth possibility:
    Zoo tries and fails to kill boy. Enraged boy kills gorilla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    You have omitted a fourth possibility:
    Zoo tries and fails to kill boy. Enraged boy kills gorilla
    I also didn't mention another possibility.

Two escaped polar bears eat gorilla and boy

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...-zoo/81861672/
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    I also didn't mention another possibility.

Two escaped polar bears eat gorilla and boy

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...-zoo/81861672/
    FOR ****'S SAKE
    Not sure if it's okay for me to laugh.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest there are two things on my mind when it comes to this whole thing

1. Where were his parents? It was pretty irresponsible letting your child fall into a gorilla enclosure, I hope people can agree with that.

2. People have no place to start blaming the animal. Zoos are extremely unethical in the first place and animals just shouldn't be cooped up like that, it disgusts me.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraixo)
    Well my judgement based on the retarded facebook comments

Gorilla life > human life

So people wouldn't care no where near as much.
    That's just because the gorilla died. If the kid died, the exact same people would be up in arms over the zoo not killing the gorilla. You can't win with these idiots.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.