Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Crisis 04 – Unrest in Northern Ireland watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Ach come on now it's definitely the most insane part of Ireland, look:

Who wouldn't want to visit our wee country; makes a change with the tourist ads only showing Titanic and the Giant's causeway!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Who wouldn't want to visit our wee country; makes a change with the tourist ads only showing Titanic and the Giant's causeway!
    I've been meaning to go on one of those Game of Thrones tours actually, I hear they're great craic.

You should visit some of the hurleymakers around Ulster, the lads at Scullion in Loughgiel and Martin Hurls in Randalstown are great craic
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    You want to nuke Northern Ireland?! :zomg:
    There's a reason I'm not the party representative

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    What? But that might hurt England!
    Hmmm... I didn't think that far. You might have a strong case there.

ReputationRep:
    I've been meaning to go on one of those Game of Thrones tours actually, I hear they're great craic.

You should visit some of the hurleymakers around Ulster, the lads at Scullion in Loughgiel and Martin Hurls in Randalstown are great craic
    I've been on it (Stones and Thrones) pretty good and well run. My house is basically one of the filming sites too so I got dropped home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

The Dall beaten only in the All-Ireland by Na Paerse typically on the 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Well, we have Trident for a reason.
    Whoa! There is innocent wildlife there!
    Plus the splash damage would hurt Eire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Northern Irish tend to display behaviour commonly associated with the Middle East and other backward regions of the world. I'm a Unionist but this much fuss for how many days a flag is flown is just bonkers… Anyway, we'll deliver a statement soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    The Northern Irish tend to display behaviour commonly associated with the Middle East and other backward regions of the world. I'm a Unionist but this much fuss for how many days a flag is flown is just bonkers… Anyway, we'll deliver a statement soon.
    I'm surprised at how loyal to the crown some of them are when so many scots and english don't care about the situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    I'm surprised at how loyal to the crown some of them are when so many scots and english don't care about the situations
    They refuse to change GSTQ as well even when the other regions are considering changing it. You won't believe how many streets and houses have union jacks outside them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    They refuse to change GSTQ as well even when the other regions are considering changing it. You won't believe how many streets and houses have union jacks outside them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or the kerb stones and lampposts painted in colours to show which areas you in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Or the kerb stones and lampposts painted in colours to show which areas you in.
    Or the flag shops vandalised because they were selling Ivory Coast flags.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Or the flag shops vandalised because they were selling Ivory Coast flags.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Crap like that is why I'm glad I'm in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    The Prime Minister should advise Her Majesty to declare a state of emergency in Northern Ireland and suspend habeas corpus. The Northern Ireland Assembly should be temporarily dissolved and martial law should be imposed. An emergency tribunal should be set up to detain members of the PIRA and sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom indefinitely. A curfew should also be established until this situation is dealt with. The military operating in Northern Ireland should be given additional rights to monitor those suspected of being members of the PIRA or sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom and a warrant should no longer be required to search their property for the well-being of the people of Northern Ireland.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because a region of a nation definitely has the power to change the anthem of the nation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Because a region of a nation definitely has the power to change the anthem of the nation :rolleyes:
    Certainly at sports venues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    The Prime Minister should advise Her Majesty to declare a state of emergency in Northern Ireland and suspend habeas corpus. The Northern Ireland Assembly should be temporarily dissolved and martial law should be imposed. An emergency tribunal should be set up to detain members of the PIRA and sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom indefinitely. A curfew should also be established until this situation is dealt with. The military operating in Northern Ireland should be given additional rights to monitor those suspected of being members of the PIRA or sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdomand a warrant should no longer be required to search their property for the well-being of the people of Northern Ireland.
    You're bloody not searching my house.

ReputationRep:
    You're bloody not searching my house.
    I'm not going to search your house. The military is. And if you are a sympathiser of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom, you should be detained indefinitely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not going to search your house. The military is. And if you are a sympathiser of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom, you should be detained indefinitely.
    I don't recall you being made either Home Secretary or SoS for Defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I don't recall you being made either Home Secretary or SoS for Defence.
    That's right.

ReputationRep:
    The Prime Minister should advise Her Majesty to declare a state of emergency in Northern Ireland and suspend habeas corpus. The Northern Ireland Assembly should be temporarily dissolved and martial law should be imposed. An emergency tribunal should be set up to detain members of the PIRA and sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom indefinitely. A curfew should also be established until this situation is dealt with. The military operating in Northern Ireland should be given additional rights to monitor those suspected of being members of the PIRA or sympathisers of the breakaway of Northern Ireland from the United Kingdom and a warrant should no longer be required to search their property for the well-being of the people of Northern Ireland.
    This is beyond any measure of reason... to hear anyone in this house, let alone a prominent member suggest something like this is deeply troubling

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.