Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why its good for the EU if the UK leaves watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    The countries in the EURO really need to get closer and closer union - eventually to a Federal Country - otherwise the EURO will always be a mess.

The country that is in the way is the UK....

To sort this out it would be best if the UK became an ASSOCIATE EU State rather than a full member

It helps all sides.

Anything else is just silly.

What are your views?

We wave good-bye to the refugees.
    We become a safer and more economically developed country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnoriginalBen)
    I don't think we should leave. Leaving wouldn't just ruin trades for the UK but could also affect the rest of the world, immigration would remain a problem whether we leave or not and I think everyone should be coming together and helping each other, not separating because of some political game.

It would also ruin holidays
    How

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKtothesky)
    We wave good-bye to the refugees.
    We become a safer and more economically developed country.
    OK - I don't think that is a nice post. I think we should take more refugees from right round the world.

Your comment seems a bit cruel and designed to make the vote no camp sound mean.

I think you're a plant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnoriginalBen)
    I don't know about that, I'm sure there would some impacts but we won't actually know until, and if, it happens.
    Don't see how. The Tory ANTI-EU'ers are not going to want to knock house prices - so they will not rock the boat.

The Germans want to sell cars, the French want to make planes and sell wine. No one is going to kick up a fuss.

Its really a vote on:

do we EVENTUALLY want to join a FEDERAL EU
    OR
    do we WANT TO BE AN ASSOCIATED STATE to a FEDERAL EU.

All else is "project fear" on one side
    Or "racism" on the other.

Keep the choice above in your head when voting and you'll not be too far wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    OK - I don't think that is a nice post. I think we should take more refugees from right round the world.

Your comment seems a bit cruel and designed to make the vote no camp sound mean.

I think you're a plant.
    Well since 2004, when poland joined the EU, our city's become too congested.

The refugees will create some serious implications for us, if we bring refugees from all around the world. J
    We will wave good-bye to all jobs and housing.

There's brussels, why don't they go there?
    It's not a 'harsh' comment, but that's personally what one would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKtothesky)
    Well since 2004, when poland joined the EU, our city's become too congested.

The refugees will create some serious implications for us, if we bring refugees from all around the world. J
    We will wave good-bye to all jobs and housing.

There's brussels, why don't they go there?
    It's not a 'harsh' comment, but that's personally what one would say.
    The UK looks over crowded because we have victorian engineering. The European cities and newer cities have miles more people than London. London is easily the least densely populated major city in the world - thanks to semi and terraced housing taking up most of the space that would be 3 storey flats in most of the rest of the world.

Indeed I was speaking to a civil engineer, he said the entire worlds population could fit in Surrey with space if everyone lived in 10 storey tower blocks - the rest of the UK and the world need not have one single person.

So our "cities too congested?" - nope - just really badly designed for the age of mass migrations and the end of nation states. We're not "canute" - it is the end - people are coming. Adapt - don't get angry.

ReputationRep:
    Well looks like this argument is won too.
    The EU and the UK would both probably be better off if we separated.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.