Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel history, Unit 3C The United States: Challenged and Transformed. 10th June 16 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artmanlikesart)
    I talked about left successes and failures, then right wing critics, like anti-state elements within Supreme Court, like the Big Business and Liberty League legal challenges through them, and the Southern Cage in Congress.
    I only used right wing critics to judge the success of the left though, I made that clear in my introduction.
    Which part B did you do? I was pretty pleased with the New Deal stuff
    I did the same thing. Since the question asked about left wing opposition that's what i talked about and just mentioned the right wing in the conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehmehmehmehmeh)
    I mentioned them but only in the introduction and conclusion, in the main paragraphs i talked about Sinclair, Townsend, Couglin and Long
    Ahh okay, I mentioned Townsend, Long and trade unions for the left

(Original post by bsbnah)
    I spoke about right wing, left wing and supreme court and weighed them up in significance towards shaping the new deal... Idk if thats what was meant to be done?? Lol so i said left wing wasnt actually the most significant - it was supreme court
    Yeah I did a para on the SC and I know people at school who did your approach

I talked about left successes and failures, then right wing critics, like anti-state elements within Supreme Court, like the Big Business and Liberty League legal challenges through them, and the Southern Cage in Congress.
    I only used right wing critics to judge the success of the left though, I made that clear in my introduction.
    Which part B did you do? I was pretty pleased with the New Deal stuff
    I did pretty much the same as you for Part A. I did the New Deal and quite liked it!

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty much the same as you for Part A. I did the New Deal and quite liked it![/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the sources let me talk about pretty much everything I wanted to. I did paras
    Economic -
    Economic +
    Social +
    Social -

Weird to see Anthony Badger defending the New Deal though, usually in historians he slams it for not doing enough

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty much the same as you for Part A. I did the New Deal and quite liked it!

Yeah I thought the sources let me talk about pretty much everything I wanted to. I did paras
    Economic -
    Economic +
    Social +
    Social -

Weird to see Anthony Badger defending the New Deal though, usually in historians he slams it for not doing enough
    Badger and Leuchtenberg were great sources but Weiss was a bit rubbish really, only covered one topic and her point of view was very bland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Badger and Leuchtenberg were great sources but Weiss was a bit rubbish really, only covered one topic and her point of view was very bland
    I dunno, I kind of liked Weiss's surprised tone when she was talking about the black community loving the New Deal, considering they were left out of most major reform. She was complimentary of social change but in a very backhanded way

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I kind of liked Weiss's surprised tone when she was talking about the black community loving the New Deal, considering they were left out of most major reform. She was complimentary of social change but in a very backhanded way
    It was a very brief source though, definitely preferred the other two

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the KKK question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.