Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    The surf one was hard to directly translate into English because there was so much vocab I didn't know!My answers were roughly something likeonly a small part of the population can surf? can't remember - what was the question?he wants to give something back to the Moroccans for their hospitalitythey harvest the equipment and entrust it to the Clubnow young Moroccans can initiate themselves gliding on the water
    Ah I put that they provide the club with equipment, I literally had no idea what "récolte" meant For the last one on question 6 I put that the young people in Morocco are now able to go to the club to start surfing so I don't know if either of those answers would be specific enough to get the marks. That question was so hard though, there was so much vocab that we hadn't learnt

ReputationRep:
    Don't think rafraichir was right on the first question it said to wrap the baby in something

ReputationRep:
    I hope not as I went for c instead of a in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt78)
    Don't think rafraichir was right on the first question it said to wrap the baby in something
    It said to wrap the baby in a cold moist towel so I think it was rafraîchir, idk I could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    yea i picked B- the one about leaving the baby naked

ReputationRep:
    Didn't hear the cold towel bit so i went for C but sounds likr you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scoutingfinches)
    It said to wrap the baby in a cold moist towel so I think it was rafraîchir, idk I could be wrong
    What was C to that question? I picked C btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james13149)
    As it is the new speification. Does anyone have any ideas as to the mark needed to get an A? I thought that the exam went well and I thought that the reading was really nice if you knew the correct tenses and grammar. Also, what tenses did any of you put in your writing?
    This isn't the new specification. The new one is being brought out September this year.

I fit in the subjunctive, present (obviously), imperfect, conditional and maybe a perfect

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when the grade boundaries will be released?

ReputationRep:
    That's what I ended up putting (a) because I couldn't figure out what "nu" meant. I can't remember what the option for c was though.

Also, the topics were so obscure this year! I thought the exam overall went quite well for me, but who on earth thought it was a good idea to talk about McDonald's tomatoes in exercise 4? :lolwut: The writing wasn't too bad but I found it a bit difficult to expand a lot on such a limited topic area. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squamber)
    That's what I ended up putting (a) because I couldn't figure out what "nu" meant. I can't remember what the option for c was though.

Also, the topics were so obscure this year! I thought the exam overall went quite well for me, but who on earth thought it was a good idea to talk about McDonald's tomatoes in exercise 4? :lolwut: The writing wasn't too bad but I found it a bit difficult to expand a lot on such a limited topic area. :shifty:
    I don't know if this was just me but I have to say that compared with some of the other years, I found this paper more difficult. I guess all we can do is hope for low grade boundaries... As long as I get a B or above I will be happy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james13149)
    I don't know if this was just me but I have to say that compared with some of the other years, I found this paper more difficult. I guess all we can do is hope for low grade boundaries... As long as I get a B or above I will be happy...
    I found it more difficult too. But not so much that I thought "agh I can't do this". Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!!! :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squamber)
    I found it more difficult too. But not so much that I thought "agh I can't do this". Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!!! :crossedf:
    I feel like there's a chance the grade boundaries will be the same as or lower than last year because I'm pretty sure they can't physically get any higher but they've been rising for the past 3 years so who knows what Edexcel will do! I'm just hoping an A is no higher than 55 tbh

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when the grade boundaries will be released?
    Not 100% sure but i think the grade boundaries only come out once we're given our grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Najlac)
    Not 100% sure but i think the grade boundaries only come out once we're given our grades.
    Oh okay, I was just wondering because last year with our GCSEs the Edexcel boundaries came out about two days before results day but I don't know whether it's different for A-levels

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, I was just wondering because last year with our GCSEs the Edexcel boundaries came out about two days before results day but I don't know whether it's different for A-levels
    Grade boundaries tend to surface the day before results day

ReputationRep:
    It took me a while, but I think it was rafraichir.

The other options were to leave the baby naked to cool it down, or wrap it up to warm it. The speaker however mentioned wrapping it up in a cold moist towel. It wasn't explicit but I assumed that was supposed to be refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    The bullet point tenses were present, present, future and conditional right?

For some reason in paragraph three I started talking about, if we quit the EU, we could face economic crisis which would result in fewer people visiting restaurants. I was really stumped because I don't have an opinion on the future of cuisine :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklñ)
    How did you explain that: le sex masculin est plus faible??
    I've just seen this, but I put-

Puisque les hommes sont tues plus souvent sur la route (ils constituent whateverthepercentagewas des deces), et ils sont impliques plus souvent dans les homicides (87%), ce qui est contre l'idee que les femmes se conduisent plus mal que les hommes.

As you can imagine that box was a mess as I went over the two line limit.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, i did IGCSEs so it might be different. I think the grade boundaries will be slightly lower than last year's because although the writing was easy, many people found the reading a lot harder than previous years.
    Anyway, what other subjects do you take?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.