Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Watch some spider videos and try handling a spider youself and the fear will go away
    Don't go to Australia though
    noo
    I'm never doing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    all my siblings are younger than me and have mental disorders, so they wouldn't understand if I try talking to them
    and I'll try talking to my parents
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Good luck!
    thanks >.<

ReputationRep:
    You're never going to get over it if you refuse every piece of advice given to you because "don't want to" or "can't do that".

Why bother posting this thread if you're not going try anything?

(Original post by animeamanda1412)
    I have a really big fear of spiders ever since I was really young (probably year 3 or something), and at first it didn't really bother me, I see a spider, I call one of my parent and they get rid of it. A lot of times, I would have nightmares of spiders crawling on me or running after me. But nowadays, it got completely out of control, I would be sitting down chatting with my friends or something and out of the corner of my eye I would see something crawling, as soon as I turn around it's gone, and it happens a lot, and I end up sitting there for at least an hour, paranoid that a spider would come near me. I haven't told my parents about this because I fear they would try to get me to overcome my (what I'm guessing is a phobia) by exposing me to spiders, and I really don't want that. Advice?
    I just eat them.

Spoiler Alert! Open at your own risk!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to be in a very similar position when I lived in my old home. Once, there was a massive spider on my floor so I ran into the bathroom and there was ANOTHER one exactly the same size. I wonder if I was hallucinating or something because the memory is very vague although it wasn't that long ago. I also remember being stood behind my mum and she had a black top on and I thought I could see one on the centre of her back and I ran into my bedroom and was itching and panicking. Again, this might of been a hallucination. My fear was so so strong. I do often check the shower curtain/bathrooms for spiders, but touch wood I haven't seen one for ages. I do often have dreams about them on me. I don't know if it's related but when I went through that stage I was in a bad place mentally, maybe that's what caused me to feel like that? I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    I just eat them.

Spoiler Alert! Open at your own risk!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn you -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.