Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What set are you guys for every subjects in school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    English + R.E - set 3 when i started school. set 1 every year though, went up and down from set 1-2. set 1 was a joke at some stages, we literally have people who couldnt read or wrtie in it, and the first lesson i was in set 1, we did lines.
    Maths - set 1 From yer 7-11 ... only person i think. though the start of year 7, we have some retarded people in there. Primary school teachers like to lie about grades.
    Sciences -same as maths
    French +Geography +history- All in one set 5 to start, had 1c from my primary. Had some fun in set 5, moved to set 1 and stayed there for all yer 8. went to set 2,for 2 weeks, then 1 in year 9. GCSE was mixed. My time in set 5 really ****ed me over for french. all i learnt were songs and i was far behind when i was in set 1 next year. honestly never recovered. History and geo, made sure i stayed in set 1 but my french teacher hated me, and thought i should be in set 6.
    P.E- set ****ing 5, i was great at sport ( well known in my school for being so, and took part in a few sport events for my school ), which made it worse. ruined P.e, since everyone in my set couldnt play or do any sport. what a ****ing joke, and it made us feel like ****. ( we were set 6/6. but they made 2 set 3's to confuse us into thinking we were in set 5, not set 6) At the end , my set literally walked out of school when doing P.E, since it was a joke, not fun in anyway and a waste of time. ( they put us in set year 10/11, so from 7-9 i really liked and always took part in P.e after the sets, i didnt do of P.e for 75% of year 11. used to go home , which we werent allowed to do, me and some friends used to wait for someoen to open the gate and run out, or i knew a back entrance we could use . they ruined P.e by making sets

ReputationRep:
    I was top set for everything apart from English until Year 11. Then I kinda dropped to set 2 for Additional Science.(although it wasn't really sets then; it was just Double Science or Triple Science. I got dropped down to Double Science for some reason, and couldn't appeal it :/)

I was set 2 for English, but there was virtually no difference between the top 2 sets. I'd say we actually had the better teacher in set 2, so I was happy.(everyone in set 1 kept going on about how horrible their teacher was)

I ended up not doing very well though, due to long-term illness. (got mostly Bs and Cs. I was top set for everything because my teachers expected straight A*s from me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    English + R.E - set 3 when i started school. set 1 every year though, went up and down from set 1-2. set 1 was a joke at some stages, we literally have people who couldnt read or wrtie in it, and the first lesson i was in set 1, we did lines.
    Maths - set 1 From yer 7-11 ... only person i think. though the start of year 7, we have some retarded people in there. Primary school teachers like to lie about grades.
    Sciences -same as maths
    French +Geography +history- All in one set 5 to start, had 1c from my primary. Had some fun in set 5, moved to set 1 and stayed there for all yer 8. went to set 2,for 2 weeks, then 1 in year 9. GCSE was mixed. My time in set 5 really ****ed me over for french. all i learnt were songs and i was far behind when i was in set 1 next year. honestly never recovered. History and geo, made sure i stayed in set 1 but my french teacher hated me, and thought i should be in set 6.
    P.E- set ****ing 5, i was great at sport ( well known in my school for being so, and took part in a few sport events for my school ), which made it worse. ruined P.e, since everyone in my set couldnt play or do any sport. what a ****ing joke, and it made us feel like ****. ( we were set 6/6. but they made 2 set 3's to confuse us into thinking we were in set 5, not set 6) At the end , my set literally walked out of school when doing P.E, since it was a joke, not fun in anyway and a waste of time. ( they put us in set year 10/11, so from 7-9 i really liked and always took part in P.e after the sets, i didnt do of P.e for 75% of year 11. used to go home , which we werent allowed to do, me and some friends used to wait for someoen to open the gate and run out, or i knew a back entrance we could use . they ruined P.e by making sets
    What a great life story about set. :congrats:

(Original post by Jazzyboy)
    I was top set for everything apart from English until Year 11. Then I kinda dropped to set 2 for Additional Science.(although it wasn't really sets then; it was just Double Science or Triple Science. I got dropped down to Double Science for some reason, and couldn't appeal it :/)I was set 2 for English, but there was virtually no difference between the top 2 sets. I'd say we actually had the better teacher in set 2, so I was happy.(everyone in set 1 kept going on about how horrible their teacher was)I ended up not doing very well though, due to long-term illness. (got mostly Bs and Cs. I was top set for everything because my teachers expected straight A*s from me )
    I didn't know that you can get drop down from Triple Science to Double Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSpeedyz)
    What a great life story about set. :congrats:

I didn't know that you can get drop down from Triple Science to Double Science.
    Oh, I meant I was put on Double Science from the get go in Year 11. Or might have been Year 10. Can't remember when they decided.

I was in Set 1 before that though /:

ReputationRep:
    I'm set 1 English and RS, set 2 maths + further maths(No big difference between set 1 & 2 here)and top set dual science, and set 2 PE :/ We don't have sets for anything else anymore in year 10.
    I want to know about what set you guys in for every subjects in school.

I'm currently in Year 10 right now and recently took my science gcse and probably got like either an A or a B. Also, I'm doing statistics as well so 2 GCSEs for me this year.

My sets in school (currently):
    English - Set 6 (So embarrassing right? But I am going to move up. Hopefully at least set 3)
    Maths - Set 2 (I know that I'm moving up as I'm doing well in that subject)
    Science - Set 1
    Geography - Set 2 (I know that I'm moving up as I'm doing well in that subject)
    French - Set 1
    PE Cambridge National - Set 1 (We do have sets for PE Cambridge National as there are a lot of people in our year that do this subject but small amount of people in our year do GCSE as for that, there is only one class for PE GCSE)
    Sociology - Set 2 (There are only 2 sets just letting you know so also embarrassing).

There was 4 sets (4 being the lowest).

Maths- set 3 (moved up from 4 after yr 11 Christmas mocks)
    Science (Double Award) - set 3 (moved up from 4 at the beginning of yr11)

My other subjects didn't have sets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    There was 4 sets (4 being the lowest).

Maths- set 3 (moved up from 4 after yr 11 Christmas mocks)
    Science (Double Award) - set 3 (moved up from 4 at the beginning of yr11)

My other subjects didn't have sets.
    What about English?

ReputationRep:
    Only have sets for Maths in my school.
    I'm in set 1b

ReputationRep:
    Set 1 for everything :ninja:

What about English?
    Didn't have sets for English. We were all mixed.
    (Though those doing foundation were in a different class)

ReputationRep:
    Set 1 for everything, besides maths. I'm in set 2 for maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Set 1
    English Set 1
    Science- Set 1
    These are the only subjects we have sets for all the other ones are mixed. I'm in year 10 as well btw

ReputationRep:
    English (mixed sets)
    Maths (Set 2 bc I hate Maths)
    Science (Set 2 bc not doing triple science bc didn't want to do it lmao)
    History (Mixed Sets but if there was one I would be in Set 1 bc History is amazing)
    Geography (Mixed Sets)
    ICT (Mixed Sets)
    RE (Mixed Sets)
    French (Set 1 but now it's mixed but in my class there are only 3 of us that are over achieving which is so sad bc we do more foundation work than higher smfh like it should be in sets again :cry:)

ReputationRep:
    I was set 1 everything :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Set One for everything.

ReputationRep:
    English: A
    Maths: A
    Science: Triple set 2 (of 2)
    French: A
    PE: D (of four sets! but it was good fun )

:banana:

ReputationRep:

I'm currently in Year 10 right now and recently took my science gcse and probably got like either an A or a B. Also, I'm doing statistics as well so 2 GCSEs for me this year.

English - Set 6 (So embarrassing right? But I am going to move up. Hopefully at least set 3)
    Science - Set 1
    French - Set 1
    PE Cambridge National - Set 1 (We do have sets for PE Cambridge National as there are a lot of people in our year that do this subject but small amount of people in our year do GCSE as for that, there is only one class for PE GCSE)
    Sociology - Set 2 (There are only 2 sets just letting you know so also embarrassing).
    I only have sets for maths, English an science as everything else is based on our timetables and the options we chose.
    My sets:-
    Maths-2
    English-1
    Science-1

I'm in year 11.

ReputationRep:

Science - Set 1
    French - Set 1

Maths - Set 3
    English - Set 2
    Science - 1
    History- mixed ability not based on performance
    German - Set 1
    Philosophy and Ethics - mixed ability not based on performance
    Business Studies - mixed ability not based on performance

ReputationRep:
    Being in set 5,4,3,2,1. i can say set 1 is great, since youre with smarter people, and you can steal their ideas and understand how they think. For english,i moved for no other reason than set 3 was full, moved to set 1. And honestly my english greatly improved since i was around some of the best writers in my years, they thought of the most abstract things and their way of writing was way more muture and advanced than what i learnt in set 3, for the while i was there. I honestly shouldnt have been in set for for english, but as i was there i imporved so much that i really did deserve to be their by the end , i was 28 best out of 30 in my year , just enough to stay in set 1 .
    But being in set 5 was really fun, the teacher treat you better, since they have real problem children in the classes, you do more fun things and you work slower. I also met the real bullies and bad kids of my year, and started to form ''friendships'' with them, which help he up to year 11. For french though, being in set 5 really screwed me and i mean it mean i learnt no french, i learnt no year 7 french and when i was in year 8, they were already 25% done with year 8 french, since they started last year and i was well behind. had no idea how to do/say anything, my teacher thought i was joking, but i honestly knew no french. what made it worse was teh fact i did it for GCSE and failed horribly for 2 years i begged to be let out of french gcse, but they said i was getting A/A* in all my other subjects so i could easily pass french ( they were wrong).

overall what set youre in for harder subjects matter, since being around smarter people really helps. Hell i dragged a few people from set 5 to set 3/2, since they copied me . But lower set are so much more fun and have more interesting people in them, really enjoyed my time in lower set. P.E, **** who ever though sets for P.E was a good idea.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.