The Student Room Group

Facial hair

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Hmmmm just my opinion, having facial hair helps cover flaws, I've seen some very good looking guys who can own it with no facial hair, which is very rare in modern society. In my opinion anyway :p:

Also facial hair doesn't make you masculine, masculine features make you masculine

I've seen guys change when they have facial hair rather than being clean shaven.

But I just like having facial hair as it makes me look older.

But being clean shaven just looks too squeaky clean for me.

I like looking slightly rough, and facial hair does that for me.
Hmmmm just my opinion, having facial hair helps cover flaws, I've seen some very good looking guys who can own it with no facial hair, which is very rare in modern society. In my opinion anyway :p:

Also facial hair doesn't make you masculine, masculine features make you masculine

damnnnn you ugly
Original post by money-for-all
damnnnn you ugly

Original post by Manz too smooth
I've seen guys change when they have facial hair rather than being clean shaven.

But I just like having facial hair as it makes me look older.

But being clean shaven just looks too squeaky clean for me.

I like looking slightly rough, and facial hair does that for me.

Fair enough, I think it comes down to preference :p: Dolph Lungren (Ivan Drago) is a good example of clean shaven and masculine though
Original post by Blue_Mason
If you have a weak chin, facial hair is a must

Yeah, but having a bit of facial hair won't make much of a difference if you have a weak chin. Just mask it slightly.
Reply 24
The beard is a privilege every man should embrace

Enjoy your beard while you can before being forced to shave it due to the emergence of grey hairs

Fair enough, I think it comes down to preference :p: Dolph Lungren (Ivan Drago) is a good example of clean shaven and masculine though

Yeah that's true, but I don't really think that many girls find Dolph Lundgren that attractive.

But someone like Zayn Malik has masculine features, but looks better with facial hair than no facial hair.

But I personally don't believe manlets should keep their stubble/beard when you are under 6 feet.:tongue:

It just looks untidy instead of giving you that manly look and doesn't suit them!!!

Stick to clean shaven.

I look 12 with no beard. You think I look untidy? Cool story bro. I'd rather look untidy than pre-pubescent.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I look 12 with no beard. You think I look untidy? Cool story bro. I'd rather look untidy than pre-pubescent.

Sorry If I offended you?

I am not being serious. Having facial hair has nothing to do with height.
Which do you prefer to have, clean shaven, stubble or beard?

A nice goatee like this
http://www.hiphopleaked.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/14025_3SBnMzIUon.jpg
Sorry If I offended you?

I am not being serious. Having facial hair has nothing to do with height.

Your presumption that I'm offended has offended me :colonhash:

It has nothing to do with being blond either, apparently. My mum always said that I'd never grow a beard because I'm blond. She must have rather unreliable sources, because I've been sporting a beard for the past 6 years :h:
Reply 30

Facial hair is a masculine feature
Original post by strikeh
Facial hair is a masculine feature

It's very easy to grow facial hair and it's isn't part of your bone structure it what I meant. It's so common these days I don't really see how it would have any bearing on how you're perceived.

Yeah that's true, but I don't really think that many girls find Dolph Lundgren that attractive.

But someone like Zayn Malik has masculine features, but looks better with facial hair than no facial hair.

I wouldn't say Zayn has masuline features, I'd argue he NEEDS facial hair to make it seem so actually.

Clear difference
Nah, none of what you said is true.

If you are ugly you are ugly regardless if you have facial hair or not.

Man could grow a stubble but if man looks like a donkey facial hair ain't going to help much.

But facial hair just accentuates your features more.

Trust me, facial hair can make a huge difference. I look horrendous clean shaven, but decent with facial hair :rofl:
Your presumption that I'm offended has offended me :colonhash:

It has nothing to do with being blond either, apparently. My mum always said that I'd never grow a beard because I'm blond. She must have rather unreliable sources, because I've been sporting a beard for the past 6 years :h:

For 6 years! You must be sporting one epic beard?

I am guessing your beard reaches down to your chest?
For 6 years! You must be sporting one epic beard?

I am guessing your beard reaches down to your chest?

Sadly not (it's a fairly slow grower, and I've had to trim it occasionally), but that's the dream.

How long's your beard?
Original post by Lord Samosa
Trust me, facial hair can make a huge difference. I look horrendous clean shaven, but decent with facial hair :rofl:

I am sure that's not true.:tongue:

But I know in Asian cultures guys are perceived to be more attractive with facial hair.
i'd say stubble as a beard is quite expensive to maintain as well as time consuming

He does not have full masculine features
Sadly not (it's a fairly slow grower, and I've had to trim it occasionally), but that's the dream.

How long's your beard?

Unfortunately not very, I have only been growing mine properly for about a month. I don't think I'll ever go back to being clean shaven though. But it does itch quite a bit.

So I can't imagine growing one for over 6 years.
I am sure that's not true.:tongue:

But I know in Asian cultures guys are perceived to be more attractive with facial hair.

I look very boyish without a beard. It just helps make your face look more masculine, therefore more attractive.

Yeah that's true, I'm pretty sure 99% of Asian girls will say they prefer a beard on a guy :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest