Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    "The evidence that says in the short term things will be bad says things will be bad in the short term, but what about the long term?" Remainers are jam today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK. Another reply that has nothing to do with what I wrote.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    OK. Another reply that has nothing to do with what I wrote.
    I'm yet to meet a remained that isn't at least almost exclusively looking at the short term. They all buy into project fear so are too scared by the short term prospects to consider the long term; or they say the Tories are in power so we have to surrender that power to Junker, looking at the short term and being too politically inept to realise they're wearing a tinfoil hat, and completely ignoring that we elect our governments in this country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to meet a remained that isn't at least almost exclusively looking at the short term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you said. That has nothing to do with what I said.

They all buy into project fear so are too scared by the short term prospects to consider the long term;
    Lol @ Long term prospects.

The Brexit economic argument of "We don't know about the long term" and forget about the short term.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know what you said. That has nothing to do with what I said.

Lol @ Long term prospects.

The Brexit economic argument of "We don't know about the long term" and forget about the short term.
    So are you telling me that making trade deals with out biggest trade partners is bad for the economy?

ReputationRep:
    So are you telling me that making trade deals with out biggest trade partners is bad for the economy?
    Which partners would those be?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Which partners would those be?
    The likes of America, China, India, and Japan. You know, our bigest non-EU trade partners, and probably a lot of the smaller ones too.

ReputationRep:
    The likes of America, China, India, and Japan. You know, our bigest non-EU trade partners, and probably a lot of the smaller ones too.
    The same America that said that they don't do deals with individual countries or the other countries that have all said to stay within the EU.

Thanks for the list.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The same America that said that they don't do deals with individual countries or the other countries that have all said to stay within the EU.

Thanks for the list.
    Its in their self interest both to want us in the EU (dealing with one is easier than many) and also to give us a trade if we do leave.

There are reasons to vote remain but trade deals are a weak argument.

ReputationRep:
    Camoron got a bruising and Gove came off very well. If this sets the trend for prime tv debates, Brexit may get closer than i thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Its in their self interest both to want us in the EU (dealing with one is easier than many) and also to give us a trade if we do leave.

There are reasons to vote remain but trade deals are a weak argument.
    America doesn't want a Brexit to trigger the fracturing of the EU economically and politically that could lead to Russian exploitation. It isn't in their self interest to encourage that by offering out trade deals to countries stupid enough to leave. That view isn't going to magically change under Clinton.

As for the rest of them, you are speculating. At the very best, such trade deals will take years to conclude. In the mean time, jobs will be lost and the economy will go into recession.

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the list.
    *Barack Obama

He's out of office in November. What he says isn't relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    *Barack Obama

He's out of office in November. What he says isn't relevant.
    Not Obama. The Chief Negotiator for the TTP and US trade representative.

IF you think a US administration is going to award Britain with a trade deal for weakening the EU in the face of Russia, then you have your head in the clouds.

ReputationRep:

IF you think a US administration is going to award Britain with a trade deal for weakening the EU in the face of Russia, then you have your head in the clouds.
    Think you have the EU mixed up with NATO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Think you have the EU mixed up with NATO.
    No. The EU.

If the Russians didn't see the EU as a threat to their domination of Eastern Europe then they wouldn't have invaded Eastern Ukraine for signing deals with the EU.

ReputationRep:
    No. The EU.

If the Russians didn't see the EU as a threat to their domination of Eastern Europe then they wouldn't have invaded Eastern Ukraine for signing deals with the EU.
    Ah yes, the EU "keeping peace in Europe", getting Ukraine invaded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Ah yes, the EU "keeping peace in Europe", getting Ukraine invaded.
    I didn't say that the EU kept the peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Camoron got a bruising and Gove came off very well. If this sets the trend for prime tv debates, Brexit may get closer than i thought
    Shock horror, a Brexit supporter who thinks the Brexit supporter did well....

Uch take your Gove tinted glasses off. He was awful. Cameron want great but he at least answered the questions asked. Gove avoided them.

ReputationRep:

The Brexiters like having their head in the clouds though, where they don't have to engage with substantive arguments and can just make it up as they go along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Shock horror, a Brexit supporter who thinks the Brexit supporter did well....

Uch take your Gove tinted glasses off. He was awful. Cameron want great but he at least answered the questions asked. Gove avoided them.
    LMFAO bro why u so upset? Its been a pretty unanimous verdict that Gove got the upper hand by a distance in the debates.

Why u so mad? It doesnt really change a whole lot of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    LMFAO bro why u so upset? Its been a pretty unanimous verdict that Gove got the upper hand by a distance in the debates.

Why u so mad? It doesnt really change a whole lot of things
    Is it unanimous? Not at all. Where's your proof for that?
    Or is this just another unevidenced claim by the leave campaign?

Give was dreadful. He couldn't answer a single question about the economics of Brexit. None. He lied about the 350 million figure again and he seems to think he kneels better than every economist, global leader and world monetary organisations.

Gove made a whole host of Unevidenced claims, such as claiming that the EU makes the majority of us worse off yet he couldn't offer a single piece of factual evidence.

Of course you think he did well though, you're a brexiter. So shock horror, a massive brexiter thinks their representitive did better. Hold the back page.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.