Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I guess people under 30 should vote to Leave EU Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting out,

Our country is overpopulated.

Our country needs more freedom with it's laws.

We don't need some Germans controlling Europe and the UK.

We don't need immigrants straining our services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    I'm voting out,

A civil engineer told me:
    a) London is the LEAST densley populated (people per square mile) major city in the world.
    b) You could fit the ENTIRE worlds population in Surrey alone if you housed everyone in 6 or 7 storey buildings.
    c) One person one vote does not make germany control anything - the political breakdown of the EU is very like UK - North V South, Rich V poor, Urban V country - its all the same.
    d) We would starve if we did not have the 7 poles serving us at EAT during lunchtime - the queue would be too big otherwise. Migrants do not drain services they are the services - its the ELDERLY (eg UKs) and MOTHERS (eg UKs) and disabled (eg UKs) that take up the services often provided by healthly EU citizens.
    e) EU regulations - if we did not use them we would go back to our own regulations which would mean having an army of regulators to say what substances could or could not be imported , were dangerous or not, and what quantities - all this currently is JOINTLY worked out by the EUs ENGLISH SPEAKING site in Helsinki: ECHA:
    http://echa.europa.eu/
    I actually spent some time with them when I could not get work in the UK - very nice people , city and good for you - you should try it.

You have not done enough research. D- Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    a) London is the LEAST densley populated (people per square mile) major city in the world.
    b) You could fit the ENTIRE worlds population in Surrey alone if you housed everyone in 6 or 7 storey buildings.
    c) One person one vote does not make germany control anything - the political breakdown of the EU is very like UK - North V South, Rich V poor, Urban V country - its all the same.
    d) We would starve if we did not have the 7 poles serving us at EAT during lunchtime - the queue would be too big otherwise. Migrants do not drain services they are the services - its the ELDERLY (eg UKs) and MOTHERS (eg UKs) and disabled (eg UKs) that take up the services often provided by healthly EU citizens.
    e) EU regulations - if we did not use them we would go back to our own regulations which would mean having an army of regulators to say what substances could or could not be imported , were dangerous or not, and what quantities - all this currently is JOINTLY worked out by the EUs ENGLISH SPEAKING site in Helsinki: ECHA:
    I actually spent some time with them when I could not get work in the UK - very nice people , city and good for you - you should try it.

The UK is unable to produce enough food to keep itself fed, been an island nation this is a big deal.

The EU makes major decisions without consulting outsiders.

The EU immigrants are often uneducated and the ones that are represent cheap labour for UK business putting UK workers out of employment because they have higher pay expectations.

So if we leave we can get the 5% of unemployed UK citizens back in work without immigrants jumping the queue.

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting out,

"2016 GCSE?" Are you even legal to vote?

ReputationRep:

LINK?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    "2016 GCSE?" Are you even legal to vote?
    No, but that does not stop me from supporting views.

ReputationRep:
    Young people (e.g. students) are much more likely to vote to remain in the EU. It's actually mostly older people who voted to join the EEC that are more inclined to vote leave.

ReputationRep:
    Migrants are a real problem in Sweden.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...d-jobs-sweden/

Less than 500 of 163,000 migrants got jobs, this just adds strain to Swedish services and if the UK has similar statistics then it isn't helping us either.

They are not contributing anything to the country they live in so it's not benefiting the country, it is degrading the country and causing problems.

ReputationRep:

These decisions / regulations you're on about . You can add your input if you so wish.

Here is a typical example.

http://echa.europa.eu/view-article/-...for-glyphosate

So, what do you think the label on this glyphosate should say?
    Go on this is your big chance.

You do notice the first two words: "PUBLIC CONSULTATION"

ReputationRep:
    These decisions / regulations you're on about . You can add your input if you so wish.

Here is a typical example.

http://echa.europa.eu/view-article/-...for-glyphosate

So, what do you think the label on this glyphosate should say?
    Go on this is your big chance.

You do notice the first two words: "PUBLIC CONSULTATION"
    Public Consultation to farmers and a few scientists no doubt and any government/organisation can stick "Public Consultation" on something, but how many Public people get to put input in to this? If it's less than 1,000 it certainly isn't that public. And if anyone can attend these they really don't publicise them enough.

This substance is believed to have effects on humans and been discovered in 1970 we have not really had too much time to see if anyone who has come in to contact with it has become ill at a later stage in there life and if there is links between these cases.

If this substance is in the food chain which it probably is then we probably won't see effects until a later stage of life if it harmful. The EU should test product's especially used in farming on some paid testers and monitor them closely to see if there are effects.

Farmers are likely to say yes to this just because there crops are at stake and this is what this substance is aimed towards been used by.

If you can find me a EU webpage to register to visit a public consultation then I will certainly believe these exist for anyone to visit.

And the label should say "EFFECTS NOT FULLY TESTED" somewhere on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    If house prices fall, mortgage lenders won't lend any money in case prices fall even more and borrowers go into negative equity and lenders can't get their money back. Look back at any housing crash in the past 4 decades.

You really should educate yourself in the housing market before starting these types of threads.
    :rofl3:

Incredible that the leavers are now trying to spin a collapsing economy as a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    :rofl3:

Incredible that the leavers are now trying to spin a collapsing economy as a good thing.
    The economy is collapsing as part of the EU.

So it is a good thing to leave it behind and leave the EU.

ReputationRep:
    ... The YES camp say (although I don't believe them) that economy will shrink so the first thing to collapse big time will be HOUSE PRICES.
    But also, the bottom end of the labour market will need loads of people (EU people left) and thus with a job (albeit not that good) and falling house prices it will be really easy to get on the housing labour.

The biggest losers would be middle aged middle class posh people in the suburbs with their four bed roomed houses with garage and garden.

You will be able to help them out and buy their place off them. You will have a job - they would be out on their ear - redundant - too old too expensive in a recession.

Vote NO to get your house
    i'm voting out and have only met 3 in voters so far out of about 40 people
    propety isn't an issue for me as i want to build my own property and land is cheap when it empty

ReputationRep:
    Public Consultation to farmers and a few scientists no doubt and any government/organisation can stick "Public Consultation" on something, but how many Public people get to put input in to this? If it's less than 1,000 it certainly isn't that public. And if anyone can attend these they really don't publicise them enough.

This substance is believed to have effects on humans and been discovered in 1970 we have not really had too much time to see if anyone who has come in to contact with it has become ill at a later stage in there life and if there is links between these cases.

If this substance is in the food chain which it probably is then we probably won't see effects until a later stage of life if it harmful. The EU should test product's especially used in farming on some paid testers and monitor them closely to see if there are effects.

Farmers are likely to say yes to this just because there crops are at stake and this is what this substance is aimed towards been used by.

If you can find me a EU webpage to register to visit a public consultation then I will certainly believe these exist for anyone to visit.

And the label should say "EFFECTS NOT FULLY TESTED" somewhere on it.
    ECHA is like a nuclear bunker (right on Russian border), they are totally paranoid about spies (the analysis of all substances could be worth to the Chinese or Russians TRILLIONS - its really that sensitive).

However you can put your input in via the website.... And I guess if you are a recognised health professional or farmers union rep, or chemical engineering expert or labelling expert you will probably be called in person to come to the place. As I say, I was more or less treated like I could potentially be a dangerous spy.

Now imagine FIFTEEN of these places in Europe (one for each major country) instead of ONE. All our secrets would soon be told to the Russians and Chinese. I really think this ONE PLACE is probably for the best.

Its OFFICAL LANGUAGE is English so the UK has more say control over the entire EU regulatory machine than anyone else apart from the Finns because more of us speak English than anyone else so we can simply long on and see.

this is a really serious business - it goes down to nano-technology and cutting edge chemical engineering....

ReputationRep:
    ECHA is like a nuclear bunker (right on Russian border), they are totally paranoid about spies (the analysis of all substances could be worth to the Chinese or Russians TRILLIONS - its really that sensitive).

However you can put your input in via the website.... And I guess if you are a recognised health professional or farmers union rep, or chemical engineering expert or labelling expert you will probably be called in person to come to the place. As I say, I was more or less treated like I could potentially be a dangerous spy.

Now imagine FIFTEEN of these places in Europe (one for each major country) instead of ONE. All our secrets would soon be told to the Russians and Chinese. I really think this ONE PLACE is probably for the best.

Its OFFICAL LANGUAGE is English so the UK has more say control over the entire EU regulatory machine than anyone else apart from the Finns because more of us speak English than anyone else so we can simply long on and see.

this is a really serious business - it goes down to nano-technology and cutting edge chemical engineering....
    Well 1 place on the Russian border is not really an ideal place for it if you ask me. All it takes is Russian forces to storm it for a day and they could probably get all this information.

They should consider moving the location I think,Having it on the Russian border is practically asking them to come in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    LINK?!
    Use GCSE maths.
    surface area of Surrey is : 1,663km squared

5 people per 1m squared

So that is about 8 billion people.
    Total global population is 7 billion.

If you have 6 storey buildings then per square meter would be much higher - you could fit 6 global populations of Earth in Surrey. However, if you want a bit of room to swing a cat, you probably need to cover Surrey with 50 storey tower blocks and you could fit the entire worlds population in surrey with room to spare (that would give 10 meters between each person or 30 feet - which is a lot of feet)

ReputationRep:
    The economy is collapsing as part of the EU.

So it is a good thing to leave it behind and leave the EU.
    Except it's not - our economy is currently growing.

https://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/...EU&hl=en&dl=en

ReputationRep:
    Use GCSE maths.
    surface area of Surrey is : 1,663km squared

5 people per 1m squared

So that is about 8 billion people.
    Total global population is 7 billion.

If you have 6 storey buildings then per square meter would be much higher - you could fit 6 global populations of Earth in Surrey. However, if you want a bit of room to swing a cat, you probably need to cover Surrey with 50 storey tower blocks and you could fit the entire worlds population in surrey with room to spare (that would give 10 meters between each person or 30 feet - which is a lot of feet)
    Here is a link it shows Japan easily gets two and half times more people in Tokyo than we do in London without it appearing unduly any more over populated than London - And New York also gets twice as many people without it appearing any more over populated. The out camp are basically "moaners"... Go and live in a field if you're so worried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The UK is unable to produce enough food to keep itself fed, been an island nation this is a big deal.

The EU immigrants are often uneducated and the ones that are represent cheap labour for UK business putting UK workers out of employment because they have higher pay expectations.

So if we leave we can get the 5% of unemployed UK citizens back in work without immigrants jumping the queue.
    Why did you bring up the point of the UK not being able to produce enough food for itself when the choice you are voting for would result in less food imports from the EU or imports being more expensive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Why did you bring up the point of the UK not being able to produce enough food for itself when the choice you are voting for would result in less food imports from the EU or being more expensive?
    Because we can cap it of now or leave it till later.

By leaving we have more limited population growth.

By staying we have higher uncertainty over population growth.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.