Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was bullied and abused in childhood. Ask me anything. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was abused by my parents.
    what ethnicity are you and did/do you have a religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)

wtf? Making OP remember his suffering is not good.

TSR -_-
    it's an ask me ANYTHING(within reason) obviously you're gonna get questions like this. Im sure that in bringing this topic up in the first place, the op knows that .

(Original post by flyingpanda)
    Dw, we're all here for you. I hope you have been able to look past it and it hasn't caused you too many troubles in your daily life.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Personally, I've forgotten the details of my own bullying, which could be seen as a blessing or a curse. I'm not sure which I think it is.

But anyway my question is are you at a happy point in your life now?
    Thank you. Unfortunately it has caused a lot of issues for me in my current life.

But anyway my question is are you at a happy point in your life now?
    Yes and no. I'm working hard to go against all odd and overcome adversity, and I really want to better myself. I am changing and my life is changing, and I am accomplishing great things. I have had to get help by having counselling (I had CBT but that didn't work). But I still have issues in my current life with (sort of) stem from my past, and I am not any better mentally, and I still feel extremely hurt, upset, bitter and resentful.

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever 'fight back' in any way? Not just physically.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    what ethnicity are you and did/do you have a religion?
    For personal reasons I will not disclose my ethnicity but I am Black.

I was raised a Christian but I am not a practising Christian anymore.

(Original post by Mactotaur)
    Did you ever 'fight back' in any way? Not just physically.
    Yes I did, many times. Unfortunately, standing up for myself made me more of a 'target' at school and at home.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to digress, what is your favourite season?

ReputationRep:
    Ask me anything, but within reason.
    Why did you let them? What are you going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    Ask me anything, but within reason.
    If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is open. I know about this kind of stuff and am always here if you need anything.

(Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is open. I know about this kind of stuff and am always here if you need anything.
    Thank you

(Original post by xylas)
    Why did you let them? What are you going to do about it?
    Let them?

I was a child. I'm not responsible for the actions of the adults who should have protected me and supported.

I'm not responsible for the actions of perpetrators. I didn't deserve to get hurt. I didn't ask to get hurt. I deserved to be treated better, yet I wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    How do you keep going?

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Trying to digress, what is your favourite season?
    Summer.

(Original post by _bob_)
    How do you keep going?
    I take life day by day, and I am working hard to improve my life. Also, I am a very strong person who's managed to survive adversities, but I'd rather live than survive.

I am also trying to figure out better coping mechanisms. I've been in therapy but I'd like to try writing down my feeling as well, and surrounding myself with positivity.

ReputationRep:
    Let them?

I was a child. I'm not responsible for the actions of the adults who should have protected me and supported.

I'm not responsible for the actions of perpetrators. I didn't deserve to get hurt. I didn't ask to get hurt. I deserved to be treated better, yet I wasn't.
    I empathise with you. No-one deserves anything. Everyone abuses everyone.

What are you going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    It's an AMA, that was the first question that popped in my head
    Not trying to be mean, but you do always type the first thing that pops in your head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana208)
    it's an ask me ANYTHING(within reason) obviously you're gonna get questions like this. Im sure that in bringing this topic up in the first place, the op knows that .
    I think you said it yourself. Within reason. Asking someone to remember in detail her abuse is not good and probably not even appropriate for TSR's audience. Again, reason.

(Original post by xylas)
    I empathise with you. No-one deserves anything. Everyone abuses everyone.

What are you going to do about it?
    That's a load of BS.

ReputationRep:
    That's a load of BS.
    Ok. Keep acting as the victim them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xylas)
    Looks like you got what you deserved. Is that what you said to your Mummy and Daddy?
    How insensitive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.