Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Most Satisfying Game-ending ever? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by longshot100)
    Mirrors edge catalyst beta came out and had the beginning if the game, so you can see a gameplay on YouTube and find out if it's a prequel or reboot
    Yeah, I watched some, but skipped most of the cutscenes, I'll probably just wait until I can play it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, I got this thread and another one mixed up, so that song shouldn't be there.

ReputationRep:
    The ending for Skyrim is satisfying namely because there is no ending. Hurrah for mods!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I think the "endings" to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games were fantastic, even if they did make me cry. I used to love those games.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    The Black Ops campaign where you have a Fight Club moment and realise you never had Reznov (was it him, can't remember) with you, it was all your own doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    The Black Ops campaign where you have a Fight Club moment and realise you never had Reznov (was it him, can't remember) with you, it was all your own doing.
    Or the other ending, the one after the credits

ReputationRep:
    The ending for Undertale (don't click spoiler unless you have played / aren't going to play / don't mind spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you do a Pacifist run, it's pretty satisfying. I mean, it has a happy ending apart from Asriel, who has to turn back into a soulless flower. If you do a Genocide run, I suppose having your entire game erased and then corrupted with a soulless Frisk is satisfying too... if you're a sadist like Chara anyway.

Neutral's just unsatisfying though. In the words of JSE: "That was IT?"

ReputationRep:
    Halo Reach- everything else I've played on story mode had a boring etc. negative ending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    SPOILERS AHEAD: (Big MGS spoilers from me so look-away if you don't want that spoiled!)

But as someone has done a thread on the most disappointing endings i thought i would post a thread on the most satisfying game-endings ever.

You're free to talk about any game.

I'll start with Metal Gear Solid; Snake Eater. The game i largely consider to be the best in the franchise.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The way it turns out is that the main antagonist; 'The Boss' was actually working on the same side but undercover all along was truly heartbreaking. Then there's the realisation that your sassy-female companion has been a double agent the whole time. Removing snake of not only his mentor, but also his partner as well. All of this is backed with a truly brilliant soundtrack which raises the hairs on the back of your head as (the newly annointed) 'Big Boss' salutes the grave of 'The Boss.' With the simple words on the gravestone: 'A true patriot.'
    I loved the end of Assassin's Creed 2. And also the end of Red Dead Redemption.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Plasmapause)
    Or the other ending, the one after the credits
    I'm a little bit rusty on this, could you give me a reminder?! :P

ReputationRep:
    Super Mario 64.

Unlike in Portal, this ending featured cake.

Name:  cake.png
Views: 46
Size:  35.7 KB

I'm still going to stick with Final Fantasy IV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    I'm a little bit rusty on this, could you give me a reminder?! :P
    I suppose it isn't exactly an ending tho:
    https://youtu.be/wUE5HOq9zNk?t=11m45s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    The ending for Undertale (don't click spoiler unless you have played / aren't going to play / don't mind spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you do a Pacifist run, it's pretty satisfying. I mean, it has a happy ending apart from Asriel, who has to turn back into a soulless flower. If you do a Genocide run, I suppose having your entire game erased and then corrupted with a soulless Frisk is satisfying too... if you're a sadist like Chara anyway.

Neutral's just unsatisfying though. In the words of JSE: "That was IT?"
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I watched Jack's playthrough and ended up getting steam and buying the game myself, completed pacifist but my god the Genocide run is horrible. One word: Sans. I defeated Undyne after she killed me 41 times (I have been keeping score) but Sans has bested me a lot more, and I gave up a few months ago. Debating whether to continue or reset, since I don't want to have my game files altered yet I don't want to be bested by Sans.

ReputationRep:
    Okami by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Portal 2 ending - seriously it was so good
    Halo Reach - The last objective: "Survive" tragic ending, brilliant game coupled with an amazing soundtrack
    Assassin's creed 2 fist-fighting the pope haha
    Mass Effect 2 because you spend so much time building relationships with your team through those personal missions and then some of them die
    Bioshock Infinite ending because I genuinely wasn't expecting it
    Walking Dead Telltale season 1 - "Keep that hair short"
    I heard To the Moon is good but haven't played it yet
    Alternatively, Mass Effect 2 when nobody dies. Best feeling ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmyIvory)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I watched Jack's playthrough and ended up getting steam and buying the game myself, completed pacifist but my god the Genocide run is horrible. One word: Sans. I defeated Undyne after she killed me 41 times (I have been keeping score) but Sans has bested me a lot more, and I gave up a few months ago. Debating whether to continue or reset, since I don't want to have my game files altered yet I don't want to be bested by Sans.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't blame me too much if this is wrong, but I believe you only corrupt your save file after entering Asgore's throne room (once you step inside, you've basically lost your soul). So if you kill Sans in Judgement Hall and then reset, I believe that it won't take Frisk's soul.

I'd look it up before you do it.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. When you beat Red. Hnnngggggg

ReputationRep:
    the vengeance/ deathwish options in GTA 4/5

ReputationRep:
    Portal 2 is great.
    To the Moon, I literally struggle to play because it makes me an emotional wreck.. Seen someone else finish the game though.
    Haven't finished a Dark Souls game yet, but I'm sure that'll be great too as I already have to do a little air pump when a boss has been defeated and I'm picking up the remains of my controller!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    Solitaire. When the cards all jump off and make pretty patterns.
    It is solitaire for me too, I love that bit at the end!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.