• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Flammae)
    Year 10s treat mocks like GCSEs
    Year 11s treat GCSEs like mocks.

Seriously, don't worry too much about revision, just focus on the real ones
    lol!
    I do an hour or two the night before for both...

ReputationRep:
    When do you think will be the best time to start revising for year 11 mocks? And when did you start?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys it was really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaBaldwin)
    The only ones I would recommend revising decently for are your sciences, because there's just so much content there. If you have a good basis of knowledge for what you've learnt, it will be easier next year.
    As for English, I would say learn some key quotes and draw up a plan before your actual writing if it makes it easier. I took 5-10 minutes to draw up a plan and then I simply had to convert it into paragraphs. Remember to always relate back to the question.

Our English teacher made us a knowledge organiser for each topic, I still have the AIC one if it's worth looking at. You mustn't worry about moving to a lower set though, I almost wish I had been moved for Maths, we went through it all so quickly that I only understood it when we went through it in revision. Attachment 542873Attachment 542873
    Thank you so much this sheet is actually really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DD2508)
    I have 11 mock exams and one real l one (statistics). They are 2 week span starting from 21st June. I have already started revising (a few hours a day) but I'm not sure if I'm doing enough. Also, I'm really worried about my English exams. If I don't get an A I'm gonna get moved down to a lower set. So do you guys have any tips for revision? And how much did you revise/ are revising for the mocks?
    If you want to know we're doing Macbeth and Inspector calls for literature.
    Thanx
    Seriously you do not need to revise for yr 10 mocks, not even yr 11 mocks (though these are much more beneficial.) I didn't revise for yr 10 mocks and got all A/A*s. As someone else has said enjoy the rest of yr 10, because yr 11 will be much harder and it flies by!

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Snap! 2 weeks of mocks starting 21st June with Edexcel Statistics on 27th June. We only have 8 mock exams (not doing lit exams for some reason) and the 1 real one but I'm playing the lead role in a show at the beginning of August and I also have rehearsals and lines to learn etc. ASAP.
    A couple of hours a day is really good for mocks, it just gets you into practise for revising. We were only told about the mocks last week but I haven't had the time/motivation to do more than about a couple of hour in total this week :9
    Are you doing the PIXL exams? That's what we're doing in lang and maths.
    For English, practise writing under timed conditions and make sure you do as plan (Failing to plan is planning to fail). I'm assuming you will be bookless so memorise some key quotes which fit under multiple themes which means you can reduce the number you have to memorize.
    HTH
    Hi
    I think our school is doing pixl but I'm not really sure tbh. How are you revising for your statistics exam and how did you find the coursework?
    Good luck for the exams and show btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flammae)
    Year 10s treat mocks like GCSEs
    Year 11s treat GCSEs like mocks.

Seriously, don't worry too much about revision, just focus on the real ones
    Lol I can relate to this so much but I wish this wasn't true!

ReputationRep:
    25 hours a day. 8 days per week. 53 Weeks per year.....you get the ideas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.