Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accidentally clicked a dodgy link on facebook watch

ReputationRep:
    lmao you're fine jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    FML it was dodgy af i just clicked read more and it was taking me to a website and i canceled half way through but im scared af now

That it will post **** as me

ReputationRep:
    Idk guys what happens when you click dodgy links on facebook??
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    :ahee:

TSR loves you too! :cute:
    You are genuinely an amazing user ok :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You may as well just give up on life now tbh

ReputationRep:
    I think you are over reacting a tiny bit. just get your friends to check your timeline so if you post anything they will be notified (if they close friend you, they will be notified if you post anything) . usually just changing your password gets rid of stuff like that and scanning your phone should remove anything that has been put on your phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samonia)
    I think you are over reacting a tiny bit. just get your friends to check your timeline so if you post anything they will be notified (if they close friend you, they will be notified if you post anything) . usually just changing your password gets rid of stuff like that and scanning your phone should remove anything that has been put on your phone
    Thanks for advice
    Deactivated and done virus check, going to reactivate and change password thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Will notify you guys if it posts anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Idk i cancelled when it was going to the page, but what the link posted was dodgy af and tags people on your friends list
    This could be an antivirus, trojan, spyware, malware or even a hacker. I really think you should scan your computer thoroughly and remove anything unwanted as your computer could potentially be injected. Once an unwanted (infected) file downloaded itself on my computer and with the help of a Microsoft technician (online chat) I managed to remove it and clear my computer. I suggest you maybe contact Microsoft.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, it's probably just a virus that makes your computer fill the room with fatally poisonous gas when you're asleep.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    You are genuinely an amazing user ok :cool:
    Aww likewise (and prsom):hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Factory reset your life ; )

ReputationRep:
    just brick your phone tbh there is no hope left

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.