Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Putting your bros before your girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Haha I wouldn't say they're angels.

But tbh, my next girlfriend could be my potential wife. Somebody I'd make serious financial investments with, somebody I'd make compromises for and big life decisions with, somebody I could hopefully raise a child with.

She will always come before my 'bros'. Obviously it's about balance. But if it shifts towards spending more time with her, then so be it.

The sort of people I go for anyway are understanding and have their own lives too, so I'd never be whipped.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought you literally meant your brothers, I was going to say always.
    Girlfriends/ boyfriends come and go, don't neglect your friends. It's so sickening when couples have to be together all the time, like they become stupid and don't know anything else but their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Liek I can't find the balance. And both groups are getting mad at me. How can I become a neutral party?
    Is it really that hard?

ReputationRep:
    No woman will ever dictate when, how often etc I can see my friends.
    Likewise my friends won't ever be able to dictate what I do.
    I am my own person, and do what I want to do. That should be the way everyone else lives too, when it comes to relationships & friendships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    No woman will ever dictate when, how often etc I can see my friends.
    Likewise my friends won't ever be able to dictate what I do.
    I am my own person, and do what I want to do. That should be the way everyone else lives too, when it comes to relationships & friendships.
    Why do couples get like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Why do couples get like this?
    Insecurity for the most part, especially if the friends are of the opposite sex.

Friends usually get jealous because they're single or unable to spend as much time with the individual as they would like/are used to.

At the end of the day both parties should respect the needs of the individual, and the individual is entitled to pursue a romantic relationship with someone whilst also maintaining friendships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Insecurity for the most part, especially if the friends are of the opposite sex.

Friends usually get jealous because they're single or unable to spend as much time with the individual as they would like/are used to.

At the end of the day both parties should respect the needs of the individual, and the individual is entitled to pursue a romantic relationship with someone whilst also maintaining friendships.
    Lol im one of those friends who get annoyed, girls get retarded when they get a boyfriend...they turn so stupid. And then when they break up they want their friends again. NA nana it doesn't work that way.

But I agree with what you say.

ReputationRep:
    Lol im one of those friends who get annoyed, girls get retarded when they get a boyfriend...they turn so stupid. And then when they break up they want their friends again. NA nana it doesn't work that way.

But I agree with what you say.
    That's cos girls are happy to give up all their own friends in favour of a relationship whereas we guys will never give up our bros. That's what they can't understand. And then they complain about guys who want to divide their time between bros and girlfriend. Stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    That's cos girls are happy to give up all their own friends in favour of a relationship whereas we guys will never give up our bros. That's what they can't understand. And then they complain about guys who want to divide their time between bros and girlfriend. Stupid.

Girls think guys are the root to all happiness little do they know..... More like hell. Lol. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Girls think guys are the root to all happiness little do they know..... More like hell. Lol. Oh well.
    The feeling is mutual.

ReputationRep:
    The feeling is mutual.
    I don't care

ReputationRep:
    I don't care
    Any reason why you felt the need to tell me that? Cos IDGAF either. As long as I keep pulling ******* for sex, I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    Like actually setting that boundary and making her accept that I'm not always gonna want to be around her because my mates want me to go down the pub or the mall or a theme park, or like segway riding with them or something? Do you do that?

Or do you instead tell your mates that you can't be hanging out with them anymore because your gf wants you to go for brunch with her or whatevr? lol

Liek I can't find the balance. And both groups are getting mad at me. How can I become a neutral party?
    Listen fam, the girl is your bro aswell.
    She is your best friend, your tightest bro.
    She will be there when no one else will.
    And you'll be surprised when you get into trouble how many of your so called bros don't turn up.
    She will turn up if you treat her right.

ReputationRep:
    cutie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JokesOnYoo)
    Listen fam, the girl is your bro aswell.
    She is your best friend, your tightest bro.
    She will be there when no one else will.
    And you'll be surprised when you get into trouble how many of your so called bros don't turn up.
    She will turn up if you treat her right.
    You sure about that? This just sounds very naive.

ReputationRep:
    Any reason why you felt the need to tell me that? Cos IDGAF either. As long as I keep pulling ******* for sex, I'm happy.
    I didn't ask

ReputationRep:
    You sure about that? This just sounds very naive.
    Im certain mate. If you know her to treat a lady, she will be there for you.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't ask
    Nor did I ask whether you care or not.

(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
    Im certain mate. If you know her to treat a lady, she will be there for you.
    Well it must be nice for some.

ReputationRep:
    Like actually setting that boundary and making her accept that I'm not always gonna want to be around her because my mates want me to go down the pub or the mall or a theme park, or like segway riding with them or something? Do you do that?

Or do you instead tell your mates that you can't be hanging out with them anymore because your gf wants you to go for brunch with her or whatevr? lol

Segway riding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    your gf should be 55% as she offers sexual nirvana.
    Oh dear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.