Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have ambition? Do you have idea? What do you want to do with your life? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you know what to do with your life?
    Totally, 100% sure
    38.46%
    Meh, kind of
    40.38%
    Just going with the motions really
    9.62%
    No.
    11.54%

I used to be 100% sure that I'll do this, this and this. Now I'm like, I think I'll just go with the flow and settle with a job that doesn't involve me selling my soul and gives me a middle class income

ReputationRep:
    i have ambition and well i'm living the dream
    better go to sleep i'm flying out tomorrow to spain on business to look at some jewellery that i can take on a contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    What do you mean by saying eletric cars are too simple
    The engines have almost no moving parts and are just much simpler

ReputationRep:
    Ambition is nice, but reality hits hard sometimes. I've lost ambition ages ago. Generally, doing something I can tolerate will suffice. I'm interested to see how my lack of ambition will lead me in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatguy170296)
    Hi,
    I'm posting this because it's the way I feel, and I figured I couldn't be the only one. Recently, I realised I'm just going through the motions. I don't have any passion for my degree, I just thought it was the right thing to do after graduating school.

Now, I'm in the final year of my degree, come september. I always thought I had ambition, I always try hard to get good grades and try to have a positive outlook, but now I realise the last few years has been more about grades and less about reality. Now I just feel lost, now I seperated my grades and thought about a life of working in the field I study in. It's not a life I want to follow, but now I don't know what life to follow. So, in my reality check, I wanted to see who felt the same, hence the poll above.

Thanks for anyone who responds and answers the poll .
    All I can do is laugh... Not at you but at the situation. The process of working towards a goal is much better than the reality of achieving it most of the time.. You could do a masters in something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm very strong headed person. I know exactly what I want from my life, be it academically or professionally or in terms of relationships.

ReputationRep:
    @Blue_Mason
    Electric cars are incredibly clever and I respect that, however they are quite a simple system, a battery, a set of motors and the wheels. Now don't get me wrong, recharge braking and other efficient systems are also extremely intuitive. I, however just believe that the mechanical design of the engines we use now shouldn't be thrown away without a second chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am going to finish my GCSEs with at least 3 As and 2Bs and a couple of Cs then gonna go to my Sixth form to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics and maybe geography or computer science. Hopefully, I get some pretty good A levels and gonna go to the the University of Nottingham or Manchester to study Chemistry (F100), gonna finish that, and get my masters in Organic Chemistry, then a PhD in Organic Chemistry. By this time I will be 27 and the year will be 2027. Then I may want to be a lecturer or an astronaut, Or my A levels will not be good enough to be accepted into Uni then I will cry and commit suicide.

ReputationRep:
    I would ultimately like to work in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, but it's highly competitive *sobs*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.