Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah, I think I might replay some old games as well like red dead redemption and far cry 3.
    red dead redemption is a pretty good game, i also may replay it at some point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    red dead redemption is a pretty good game, i also may replay it at some point
    Yeah, may I ask which platforms you play your games on ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, may I ask which platforms you play your games on ?
    mainly pc, i also have the first 3 playstation consoles, xb360 and an n64

ReputationRep:
    mainly pc, i also have the first 3 playstation consoles, xb360 and an n64
    Very nice, are you a big gamer then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i suppose so, i dont really play as often as i used to

ReputationRep:
    i suppose so, i dont really play as often as i used to
    Yeah I'm the same. This is the first time I've started playing again in 2 months as I was too busy studying for exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed everything bar the shocking dialogue and the radiant quests.
    Far Harbour looks amazing, wish I'd bought the Season Pass when it was available cheaper now :sigh:
    Hopefully Obsidian get a crack at a game next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Far Harbour looks amazing, wish I'd bought the Season Pass when it was available cheaper now :sigh:
    Yeah far harbor is really good. Completed it in 3 days but I was playing about 7 hours each day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am hoping that Obsidian gets a chance to take a crack at its version of an Elder scrolls game, i'd love to see something done in hammerfell by them, although it is another desert haha just like the mojave, albeit with more life and less irradiated monsters!

Yeah far harbor is really good. Completed it in 3 days but I was playing about 7 hours each day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes Far Harbour was pretty awesome, more meaty than i was expecting, when i first looked at the map i was slightly disappointed, but that left me after realising just how long it took me to get from A to B. And also playing on survival (even at level 80-something) i never felt like i was not threatened. Every enemy i came across could spell my end.

Though i've just made the mistake of trying to take on the gunners plaza at level 90, and they're all super-pumped up haha!

Best regards
    Francis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    Yeah i am hoping that Obsidian gets a chance to take a crack at its version of an Elder scrolls game, i'd love to see something done in hammerfell by them, although it is another desert haha just like the mojave, albeit with more life and less irradiated monsters!

Yes Far Harbour was pretty awesome, more meaty than i was expecting, when i first looked at the map i was slightly disappointed, but that left me after realising just how long it took me to get from A to B. And also playing on survival (even at level 80-something) i never felt like i was not threatened. Every enemy i came across could spell my end.

Though i've just made the mistake of trying to take on the gunners plaza at level 90, and they're all super-pumped up haha!

Best regards
    Francis.
    I haven't played survival yet is it really hard ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha but aren't those guns pointless lol. I watched a video on them by TwoDynamic the youtuber.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly why I want to get them, they're rare and useless as ****.

Enjoyed everything bar the shocking dialogue and the radiant quests.Far Harbour looks amazing, wish I'd bought the Season Pass when it was available cheaper now :sigh:Hopefully Obsidian get a crack at a game next year
    Praise Preston's glorious quests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    That's exactly why I want to get them, they're rare and useless as ****.

Praise Preston's glorious quests.
    Maybe you should try loot locking and perhaps you might acquire them both. If you don't know what loot locking is its when you basically kill a legendary enemy but each time you do it you reload a previous save and then kill it again until you get a weapon to your liking there's tutorials on YouTube and locations you can use to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Maybe you should try loot locking and perhaps you might acquire them both. If you don't know what loot locking is its when you basically kill a legendary enemy but each time you do it you reload a previous save and then kill it again until you get a weapon to your liking there's tutorials on YouTube and locations you can use to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only came across the weird atom weirdos once and that was not fun because there 3 of them in bushes who I couldn't see and literally a minute before them I fast travelled into 3 rad scorpions so yeah got gamma gun from that, fat men I've not seen on any legendaries yet.

Btw how far into it are you and what guns do you have?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol just now I was admiring the view of Trinity tower and as soon as I looked over the edge a super mutant comes behind me shouting "smashy smashy" and nearly knocked me off, scared me more than a feral ghoul coming out of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Only came across the weird atom weirdos once and that was not fun because there 3 of them in bushes who I couldn't see and literally a minute before them I fast travelled into 3 rad scorpions so yeah got gamma gun from that, fat men I've not seen on any legendaries yet.

Btw how far into it are you and what guns do you have?
    I've completed the game and have an in game time of nearly 7 days on my main save. My guns are the overseers guardian, The last Minute, instigating Gatling laser, Righteous authority, assassins plasma sniper rifle, old reliable, Rapid advanced assault rifle and the deliverer my melee weapon is atoms judgement at the moment. Nearly all my weapons do maximum danger as I've upgraded them and upgraded the perks like rifleman etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol just now I was admiring the view of Trinity tower and as soon as I looked over the edge a super mutant comes behind me shouting "smashy smashy" and nearly knocked me off, scared me more than a feral ghoul coming out of nowhere.
    I hate feral ghouls man they come out of nowhere it's terrifying. I'm ok now cause it's like impossible for them to even do any significant damage to me but when I was a low level man that was some life threatening s**t haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I'm level 72 on my main save, you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love the post apocalyptic landscape / cityscapes and weird visual humour - finding those setup dioramas with the skeletons in funny poses.

Preston doesn't make a lot of sense - he's calling you the general of the minutemen in 5 minutes flat... but then he'll spend the rest of the game sending you to do his odd jobs - who's really the general eh?

(probably necessary he does this so that you can still continue to level up and reach the ending if you manage to piss off all the other factions)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played survival yet is it really hard ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi RossB1702!

Survival difficulty is a challenge at the beginning of the game however i found it started to level off around level 25-30 (which is reached higher than usual due to A: No fast travel so encountering enemies on the road and B: Higher experience gain per kill.

Althogh i knew the game systems very well on normal mode and basically was more careful in survival and still got my spikey backside handed to me. Fights certainly feel more intense, with limited ammunition due to weight (which is greatly reduced and makes resource management a real challenge right up until late-game) and also due to the increase in damage that you receive.

The much-talked about 'adrenaline' mode where the more kills you have the more damage you do until-you-sleep is a decent feature but feels more like a gimmick until late-game where you're probably going to be strong enough to carry the ammo/aid to fight enough enemies to get a really good adrenaline bonus! (50 kills=10 adrenaline= +50% damage.)

Overall i thoroughly enjoyed it. I only had two complaints and this was about sixty hours into survival when i started getting these niggles, they are:

A. No fast travel, although at first it's fine and bloomin intense getting from A to B and makes settlement building feel more than an added-on gimmick but a necessity. However after about 60 hours and due to increased respawn timer it means you can end up walking through the same-cleared areas of wasteland over and over and over again.....however it did make the new DLC far harbour feel very intense, having to manually travel everywhere on the alien landscape.

B. No saving unless sleeping. This is an issue as sleeping does not only reduce your adrenaline perk rank but it also means that if you're prone to crashes you can lose lots of progress. I can only remember two notable moments where i dropped the F-bomb after crashing, because i'd lost about three hours of progress in each. Sometimes beds are scarce from objectives and slow loading times can frustrate a player having to go to places like goodneighbour and such, where saving and exiting will be about four loading screens.

I strongly recommend you trying it at least for the first ten levels and see how you feel.

However if the two drawbacks are going to be too much then maybe look at mods on the fallout 4 website or mod nexus so you can find survival mode mods that remove these drawbacks.

Sorry for the long post, but i wanted to be thorough!
    Best regards!
    Francis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    Hi RossB1702!

Survival difficulty is a challenge at the beginning of the game however i found it started to level off around level 25-30 (which is reached higher than usual due to A: No fast travel so encountering enemies on the road and B: Higher experience gain per kill.

Althogh i knew the game systems very well on normal mode and basically was more careful in survival and still got my spikey backside handed to me. Fights certainly feel more intense, with limited ammunition due to weight (which is greatly reduced and makes resource management a real challenge right up until late-game) and also due to the increase in damage that you receive.

The much-talked about 'adrenaline' mode where the more kills you have the more damage you do until-you-sleep is a decent feature but feels more like a gimmick until late-game where you're probably going to be strong enough to carry the ammo/aid to fight enough enemies to get a really good adrenaline bonus! (50 kills=10 adrenaline= +50% damage.)

Overall i thoroughly enjoyed it. I only had two complaints and this was about sixty hours into survival when i started getting these niggles, they are:

A. No fast travel, although at first it's fine and bloomin intense getting from A to B and makes settlement building feel more than an added-on gimmick but a necessity. However after about 60 hours and due to increased respawn timer it means you can end up walking through the same-cleared areas of wasteland over and over and over again.....however it did make the new DLC far harbour feel very intense, having to manually travel everywhere on the alien landscape.

B. No saving unless sleeping. This is an issue as sleeping does not only reduce your adrenaline perk rank but it also means that if you're prone to crashes you can lose lots of progress. I can only remember two notable moments where i dropped the F-bomb after crashing, because i'd lost about three hours of progress in each. Sometimes beds are scarce from objectives and slow loading times can frustrate a player having to go to places like goodneighbour and such, where saving and exiting will be about four loading screens.

I strongly recommend you trying it at least for the first ten levels and see how you feel.

However if the two drawbacks are going to be too much then maybe look at mods on the fallout 4 website or mod nexus so you can find survival mode mods that remove these drawbacks.

Sorry for the long post, but i wanted to be thorough!
    Best regards!
    Francis
    Yeah thanks for the feedback! Yeah point B would be quite annoying for me as my game frequently crashes, i would literally lose so much game time if that were to occur. Yeah and the adrenaline perk seems cool but it i wouldn't really get the best use out of it as I'd probably save my game too much for fear of maybe dying or my game crashing. Maybe they should add a feature in the survival mode difficulty where you can lay down a sleeping bag so you can save it anytime you want as long as there's no enemies nearby.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.