ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Two words: bubble wrap.
    Good shout:

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You could get your neighbours to join in.

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I park mine in secure car parks/busy parts of the city centre :yep: And even in parent and child spots to stop people from banging their doors on it

All good so far! :bigsmile:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Seem to be effective at discouraging little monkeys from damaging your car:

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Or not:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Two words: bubble wrap.
    Surely this would attract people towards your car? Gather round to pop the bubbles 👀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Surely this would attract people towards your car? Gather round to pop the bubbles 👀
    Uhhhh.....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't think about that. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe it'll give me an excuse to shoot them with paint balls. :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregy521)
    It's unlikely that a car will be stolen, and that'll be covered by your insurance. So assuming that you have a nice car which you take a lot of care with in keeping it looking good, and some drunks come waddling up the street, what measures can you take to stop them from laying on it, snapping mirrors off or keying it? (Other than keeping it in a garage as that's not an option)
    We had our car keyed twice.

I thought a good idea was to carefully connect the battery to the chassis overnight. That way, anyone who decides to touch it will be in for a shock :P

You could also put up a very obvious CCTV camera, or alternatively use a sign like this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    I park mine in secure car parks/busy parts of the city centre :yep: And even in parent and child spots to stop people from banging their doors on it

All good so far! :bigsmile:

Spoiler:
    Show
    A man walks into the New York City bank and asks for the loan officer.

He tells the Loan Officer that he was going to India for some business for 2 weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

The Loan Officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan.

So the man hands over the keys and the documents of the new Ferrari car parked on the street in front of the bank.

The loan officer consults the president of the bank, produces all the required items and everything checks out to be OK.

The loan officer agrees to accept the car as a security for the loan.

The bank president and the Loan Officer had a good laugh at the man for keeping a $750,000 Ferrari as a security and taking only $5,000 as a loan.

An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later the man returns and pays $5000 and the interest which comes to it $15.41.

Seeing this, loan officer says,

“Sir, we are very happy to have your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you are away, we carried out a background check and found out that you were a multi millionaire.

What puzzled us was why would you bother to borrow $5000?”

The man replies "Where else in the city can I park my car for 2 weeks for $15 and expect it to be there when I get back?".

ReputationRep:
    The battery is already connected to the chassis.
    Connecting the second terminal will result in a short circuit and the (slight) possibility of a fire and knacker the battery.

12v won't even sting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    The battery is already connected to the chassis.
    Connecting the second terminal will result in a short circuit and the (slight) possibility of a fire and knacker the battery.

12v won't even sting
    Actually it's the amps that "sting".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jneill)
    The DIY approach - probably ideal for your situation.

Love it

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.