Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Students: What Exam Dreams have you been having lately? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I had a dream the other day that I got my results and I did badly. Woke up in a cold sweat and was panicking over it for ages.
    Ive had a few of those dreams, they are very worrying ngl😂

I had the freakiest dream last night. Basically I was entering the exam hall and my friend kept talking to me and I ignored him, so he kept tapping me, and I ignored him, and he was really annoying me. So I just scream "can you stop" and I got disqualified from all my exams. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My first one was that I got my results back and I got an A* in everything (ha!) except maths, where I got an A, and I couldn't stop crying because I wanted an A* in maths. Woke up and realised how stupid that was :L

Second one was missing the exam completely because my alarm didn't go off.

Third one was all of my pens running out simultaneously (and 4 of my pens ran out in the exam the next day :O).

Then I have a recurring one where I'm sitting an exam (usually the one I have next) and they hand out the papers and it's a completely new format (like, asking you to choreograph a dance in a science exam, or draw sheep in my RE exam) and I don't have the exam technique to answer the questions, or they hand out the wrong paper and I sit the wrong exam.

Thing is, I don't actually feel worried about my exams anymore because, on the whole, they've been going alright, but clearly I'm stressing about them on a subconscious level :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy, well last year I dreamed I got mashed potato in my english lit AS but my friend got roast chicken which was clearly a better result (idek)

Few nights ago I dreamed my firm (Durham) sent me an email saying they took the liberty of offering my place to someone else
    because they knew I wouldn't get the grades.

Last night I was revising Geography until about 12/1am and then went to sleep and dreamed that I rocked up at school without realising it was the day of the exam but ended up there. I had paper everywhere, I managed to find a textbook and have a sneaky peek only to realise it was my ethics textbook. I wasn't really in control of my body. Oh and the two essay questions were 'if something can be said to have 5 m's can it be said to have 5 y's' (idek but the girl next to me told me it was easy) and 'How can it be possible for God to exist in the city?' (again, not a ****ing clue). Very Geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    My first one was that I got my results back and I got an A* in everything (ha!) except maths, where I got an A, and I couldn't stop crying because I wanted an A* in maths. Woke up and realised how stupid that was :L
    legit happened with my friend IRL. She ****ed everyone off that day :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    Oh boy, well last year I dreamed I got mashed potato in my english lit AS but my friend got roast chicken which was clearly a better result (idek)

Few nights ago I dreamed my firm (Durham) sent me an email saying they took the liberty of offering my place to someone else
    because they knew I wouldn't get the grades.

Last night I was revising Geography until about 12/1am and then went to sleep and dreamed that I rocked up at school without realising it was the day of the exam but ended up there. I had paper everywhere, I managed to find a textbook and have a sneaky peek only to realise it was my ethics textbook. I wasn't really in control of my body. Oh and the two essay questions were 'if something can be said to have 5 m's can it be said to have 5 y's' (idek but the girl next to me told me it was easy) and 'How can it be possible for God to exist in the city?' (again, not a ****ing clue). Very Geography.
    I think Angels are trying to contact you lel

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream about my exam grades for English and Maths. English was G and Maths was C. I was more happy with Maths grade than English because I was so ecstatic plus jumping around like a monkey.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple. One i got a K in all my subjects (even lower than a u :P ) and in one i got the grades i wanted gonna just pray i get the grades i want with no K's :P

ReputationRep:
    I have nightmares that I can't read what's on my exam paper. The words are all jumbled up, and some of them are gibberish (as they often are in dreams) but it's so frustrating because I'm trying so hard to understand what's written. I wonder if that's what having severe dyslexia would be like
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Back in the day, I had a nightmare that I got DUDEE in my A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lively2)
    I had a dream about my exam grades for English and Maths. English was G and Maths was C. I was more happy with Maths grade than English because I was so ecstatic plus jumping around like a monkey.
    (Original post by Samonia)
    I've had a couple. One i got a K in all my subjects (even lower than a u :P ) and in one i got the grades i wanted gonna just pray i get the grades i want with no K's :P
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Back in the day, I had a nightmare that I got DUDEE in my A Levels.
    Notice how it's very common for people to dream of non-existing grades? Pretty trippy

(Original post by Laurasaur)
    I have nightmares that I can't read what's on my exam paper. The words are all jumbled up, and some of them are gibberish (as they often are in dreams) but it's so frustrating because I'm trying so hard to understand what's written. I wonder if that's what having severe dyslexia would be like
    What you say rings a bell, because I remember reading about exam dreams, and some of the most common ones are either being late to the exam or, as happened to you, being unable to read it. Another interesting fact about the subconscious mind.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Laurasaur;65438763]I have nightmares that I can't read what's on my exam paper. The words are all jumbled up, and some of them are gibberish (as they often are in dreams) but it's so frustrating because I'm trying so hard to understand what's written. I wonder if that's what having severe dyslexia would be like [/QUOT

I'm dyslexic and it makes you so tired to keep reading so exams are really exhausting. Its kinda like that sometimes, your just missing the bit where you get a headache from reading too long

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream that I had a geography exam on a Saturday (huh?), and as I read through it, I was like WTF.

It was a made up exam, like it was a 10 minute exam?! There were questions on stuff like Tanzania and Kenya, on topics which I haven't revised yet. I was also at the exam hall at my old school O.o...

I've got the actual A level geography exam this coming Thursday though so...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I rarely get any dreams about exams :hide: I guess I just don't worry about them and live in the now.

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream that the girl I have a crush on was sitting on my exam table in the hall and infront of me was an English exam paper (English is my worst subject) and for some reason the exam was 8 hours long non-stop. Worst yet, the exam paper was something I had no idea we were being tested on and I didn't do any revision at all.

Woke up and was panting so scared of failing.

Weird dream hahahaha.

The girl still looked beautiful though

I don't know how da f my dream came to that. Does this mean my brain is messed up or something?

And before I get a guy saying troll, I am being honest. This really did happen. Was only a couple of days ago which is even more strange because my exams finished by then!

Like why the hell would the girl be wearing stockings and sitting on my exam table infront of the 140 0ther candidates in the hall!?!?!!? Dayumn she looked amazing though!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt that there was a question worth 52 marks on my business exam and I missed it out XD

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream where I was unprepared for an exam, to the extent that I didn't even have a pen with me and had to borrow from a friend. Then in the actual exam I only managed to write one essay instead of the two I was meant to do and the dream me just didn't care at all! It was so realistic because that is my attitude right now and the dream was definitely as wake-up call (pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    Attention ALL STUDENTS
    It has come to my attention that you all are suffering from EXAM NIGHTMARES
    Fear not! Batman is here to save the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceBatmanWayne)
    Attention ALL STUDENTS
    It has come to my attention that you all are suffering from EXAM NIGHTMARES
    Fear not! Batman is here to save the day!
    I dream about destroying Gotham :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigGuyBane)
    I dream about destroying Gotham :daydreaming:
    :eek4: :eek3: :eek4: :eek3:
    BANE?!!?!?
    I THOUGHT I PUT YOU IN ARKHAM
    oh no no you ain't getting away with this :unimpressed:
    :kungfu:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.