Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went for a 2-day one in August 2014, it was absolutely sh*t. Not worth it at all. That was just my experience though, don't let it put you off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedicesty)
    Heya! I ended up getting 677.5 which I was super happy with and yes I have an offer
    Well done - that's a great score & I'm glad you got the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the first day of the 2 day Kaplan course and i found it very useful! Though, it might just be because i haven't yet started looking at questions properly yet...

ReputationRep:
    Helped me out quite a bit. Got an average of 710 compared to 630 of the previous year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies
    finished it last week, the course itself wasn't that amazing - but they did help with a few time saving techniques (majority of my course was the teacher telling us how to guess correctly, and we practised guessing?????)
    But its only worth it for the resources I thought.
    Hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedicesty)
    Hi, I went to UKCAT course last year with Kaplan. I can't remember exactly how many people there were per class (probably of 15 ish) but this is a very rough estimate.
    Also yes, I think the course is good. When I did my Kaplan course I had already done quite a bit of UKCAT revision so I knew a bit about what I was getting into. I think they go through each of the sections quite well and give you a good introduction into it. The most beneficial thing, I found, that I got from the course was the extra questions that you get access to by doing the course. I am not sure if its the same this year but last year we got to 6 extra practice tests which was really useful for developing your skills and timing, in addition to the other practice tests you'll do. And also, you probably shouldn't 'forget' anything as long as you do little bit of practice consistently up until your test, you should be able to continue to develop your skills.
    The course alone, I don't think, made a huge impact on my performance, I think the most important thing with UKCAT is timing, skill and technique and strategy (which they do teach you at the course) but you also mainly develop and improve through doing your extra practice too!
    I hope this is helps! xx
    kaplan suggests that we sit the ukcat within 2/3 weeks after the test and no more than 4 weeks after. what do you think of this? i booked my course wuite early but wasnt planning on doing my test until about 6 weeks after, what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agahaga)
    kaplan suggests that we sit the ukcat within 2/3 weeks after the test and no more than 4 weeks after. what do you think of this? i booked my course wuite early but wasnt planning on doing my test until about 6 weeks after, what should i do?
    Yes I can see why that makes sense. When I prepared for my UKCAT after 3 weeks it was starting to do my head in because it ends being always the same bloody thing and you just want to be done with it. So I felt 2 weeks was a good amount of time to prepare properly say 2 hours a day and then use the last week to refine a few things. But beyond 4 weeks I think you would just go mad like an animal in a cage!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my second week and it's already starting to do my head in! Thank God we don't have to do the Decision Making section this year. On that note, am I being thick or is the UKCAT Decision Making section similar to the BMAT's Problem Solving section?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done any of the practice tests on the kaplan website yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.