Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    Yup a B is a Merit, That's okay then, your on the right track.
    And yes I'm doing Edexcel too, how d'you find the Non-Calc paper, i have a feeling Calc paper is going to be hard :/
    Daaaamn, I looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I got 47/100!! How much do you reckon out of 200 for a B? Also, what do you think you got?

Hopefully there's lots of trigonometry in the next paper - I find them really easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfection Ace)
    Daaaamn, I looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I got 47/100!! How much do you reckon out of 200 for a B? Also, what do you think you got?

Hopefully there's lots of trigonometry in the next paper - I find them really easy!
    That's really good, I got around 86 for Non-Calc, I can't wait for Calc paper, it's gonna do my head a big time! I'm aiming for an A but want to get A*s. That's gonna be a lot of hard work

Last year a B was 95 marks, I reckon this year the grade boundaries will go higher, considering the Non-calc paper was kinda easy for some people. Yes I like Trigonometry but I'm still lacking on the sine and cosine rule, I guess I need to get revising on those areas Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    That's really good, I got around 86 for Non-Calc, I can't wait for Calc paper, it's gonna do my head a big time! I'm aiming for an A but want to get A*s. That's gonna be a lot of hard work

Last year a B was 95 marks, I reckon this year the grade boundaries will go higher, considering the Non-calc paper was kinda easy for some people. Yes I like Trigonometry but I'm still lacking on the sine and cosine rule, I guess I need to get revising on those areas Haha
    86??? Wow! That is CRAAZYY!! You reckon the grade boundaries will go high? Lots of people in my year found it difficult!! I'm just praying it's low!!! Anyways, I wish you all the best on Thursday!!

ReputationRep:
    86??? Wow! That is CRAAZYY!! You reckon the grade boundaries will go high? Lots of people in my year found it difficult!! I'm just praying it's low!!! Anyways, I wish you all the best on Thursday!!
    Now way, that ain't good. I'm still aiming for around 90 marks for Calc paper but it's impossible, Good Luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    I winged all my GCSEs like I wing my eyeliner.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    On point.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :lies:

ReputationRep:
    Got my BTEC ICT exam on the same day as my GCSE Maths one and I really can't be asked to revise for it. I need to work hard for a B in maths and the ICT exam is a resit anyways. I also haven't done the course in like a whole year so...

Anyways, winging an exam with no revision at all - good idea?
    i mean, winging an exam is never a good idea but if you have to prioritise, so do it.
    like, if you can pass w/o revision, don't revise.
    If it makes you feel better, i winged every single GCSE exam i had (except biology) and didn't fail anything

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd ever go into serious exams without revising sometimes I do it with very little revision though. I don't really revise for French and German reading or listening or Latin language exams but theres not much you can learn for those,

ReputationRep:
    I winged my GCSE Geography exam for both papers and got an A* overall. Revised like only the case studies an hour before the exam like mad.

Only try it if you have a good grasp of the knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    winged spanish and got an A* winged french and will wing english language

ReputationRep:

A B may be over or at least 100/200 this year, but if you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve considering that this year some easy topics like Scatter graphs, recipe questions and Stem and leaf diagrams didn't even turn up and if you're comfortable with trigonometry you should be fine, however sine and cosine rules would be worth looking at.

How much do you normally get in past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Did a maths gcse exam a year early with no sleep or revision got an A
    can i steal your secret powers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamh.savill)
    i mean, winging an exam is never a good idea but if you have to prioritise, so do it.
    like, if you can pass w/o revision, don't revise.
    If it makes you feel better, i winged every single GCSE exam i had (except biology) and didn't fail anything
    Wow that's awesome!!

(Original post by salty670)
    winged spanish and got an A* winged french and will wing english language
    Pro

(Original post by hamza772000)
    A B may be over or at least 100/200 this year, but if you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve considering that this year some easy topics like Scatter graphs, recipe questions and Stem and leaf diagrams didn't even turn up and if you're comfortable with trigonometry you should be fine, however sine and cosine rules would be worth looking at.

How much do you normally get in past papers?
    Quite embarrassing but in my most recent mocks I usually get like 65/200...... :/

ReputationRep:
    Got my BTEC ICT exam on the same day as my GCSE Maths one and I really can't be asked to revise for it. I need to work hard for a B in maths and the ICT exam is a resit anyways. I also haven't done the course in like a whole year so...

Anyways, winging an exam with no revision at all - good idea?
    Yup German and English Language. There is no real revision for English Language except knowing exam techniques and how to approach each question. I have managed to get B's in mocks without revision and I would be pretty happy with a B in the real exam. There is no real revision I can do for German and really I can't be bothered to learn lots of vocab when most of it won't even come up and I am doing the foundation papers anyway. It's pretty easy to get a C so I really can't be bothered to do any revision.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's awesome!!

Pro

Quite embarrassing but in my most recent mocks I usually get like 65/200...... :/
    Well, you've got around 47 already, so to get a B you need to get a minimum of 53, which is just over half of the paper, it's easily possible.

Take a look at some of the predicted topics here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

And all the topics: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I winged my poetry English lit exam.

ReputationRep:
    No. No one has winged an exam, ever. Absolutely no one.

Ever.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do any Religious Studies (gcse) revision apart from making a mind map the day before the exam and got 1 mark off 100 UMS in the exam. I was expecting a D or below in that exam due to my lack of revision but I was pleasantly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh I have a history exam on Monday but I'm prioritising maths and science. Must wing it cos I find it so hard.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much most of my GCSE's except Maths :toofunny:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.