Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In terms of privacy you are kinda effed over by microsoft. Otherwise it's a really good OS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    When the update came out, I couldn't wait to install it, I waited for days to be notified it was available. I preferred Windows 8 though...
    We are no longer friends
    Windows 8 was awful
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    We are no longer friends
    Windows 8 was awful
    Get a life, that **** was so exciting what do you use then? Don't say Windows XP :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    You're missing out on gaming... what about youtube and stuff, is that slow?
    Nah, not really..

Whenever it is, it's because of my wifi instead of anything else. :hide:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Argh it's so annoying; the same message appeared everytime I turn my computer on. Once I left my computer on and went for dinner, when I came back I saw that it was 67% installing Windows 10 without even asking me. :unimpressed:  I was going to get Windows 10 first, but after the continuous messages forcing me to get it, it felt a bit dodgy. But I basically did what Zargabaath said which a tutorial can be found here.

Windows 7 is bae I dont know try and buy windows 7 again 
    Agreed, Windows 8 was a disaster. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    In terms of privacy you are kinda effed over by microsoft. Otherwise it's a really good OS.
    Oh yeah, you're expected to make an account if you use Windows 10, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Get a life, that **** was so exciting what do you use then? Don't say Windows XP :mmm:
    Windows 7 master race. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Windows 10 is perfectly fine. I swear people do this complaining crap whenever there's a new Windows :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Argh it's so annoying; the same message appeared everytime I turn my computer on. Once I left my computer on and went for dinner, when I came back I saw that it was 67% installing Windows 10 without even asking me. :unimpressed:  I was going to get Windows 10 first, but after the continuous messages forcing me to get it, it felt a bit dodgy. But I basically did what Zargabaath said which a tutorial can be found here.

Yep, I did it. I've just got to restart my laptop afterwards, and it'll be gone. :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Windows 10 is perfectly fine. I swear people do this complaining crap whenever there's a new Windows :erm:
    It's not really the quality of Windows 10 that was irking me, rather the fact that I've been pestered continually about updating to Windows 10 when I'm fine with Windows 7.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Nah, not really..

Whenever it is, it's because of my wifi instead of anything else. :hide:
    Hell no Windows 10 4 lyf kinda expected my home gurl serah.exe to back me up...

ReputationRep:
    There's two ways you can get around this problem:

Method 1:

Keep rescheduling the update to the latest date possible to select.

Method 2:

The first method can get annoying so you can try something else.
    • Uninstall "KB3035583" after doing so you will be prompted to reboot your computer. How to uninstall KB3035583:Open up Windows Update and click on "View update history".
    • Click on "Installed Updates".
    • In the search box which is in the upper right corner type in "KB3035583". If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.
    • Click on the KB3035583 entry which should appear in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it. Click yes to remove it.

This update may happen automatically again to get KB3035583 again which will send you notifications and pop-ups to get Windows 10. So you should change your update setting by disabling any automatic updates and only allowing updates by selection.

This is what I've done and it seems to do the job, only annoying bit is to do the updates on my laptop by selection. Hope this helps.

(Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Windows 10 isn't designed to suit every computer so it can cause malfunctions.

ReputationRep:
    *force wave* upgrading is the right choice...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yep, I did it. I've just got to restart my laptop afterwards, and it'll be gone. :dance:

Hell no Windows 10 4 lyf kinda expected my home gurl serah.exe to back me up...
    I'm sorry but da truth is da truth. :emo:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    *force wave* upgrading is the right choice...
    No :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    There's two ways you can get around this problem:

Method 1:

Keep rescheduling the update to the latest date possible to select.

Method 2:

The first method can get annoying so you can try something else.

Uninstall "KB3035583" after doing so you will be prompted to reboot your computer.How to uninstall KB3035583:Open up Windows Update and click on "View update history".
    Click on "Installed Updates".
    In the search box which is in the upper right corner type in "KB3035583". If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.
    Click on the KB3035583 entry which should appear in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it. Click yes to remove it.

This update may happen automatically again to get KB3035583 again which will send you notifications and pop-ups to get Windows 10. So you should change your update setting by disabling any automatic updates and only allowing updates by selection.

This is what I've done and it seems to do the job, only annoying bit is to do the updates on my laptop by selection. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for this! But I've fixed it already.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think I should go and edit the OP.. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    No i use Windows 7 the best windows ever!!! Windows 8 was just too tablet touchy and having a non touch screen desktop i saw no point in getting it and kind of simillar in windows 10 but will be forced to when i but an laptop for uni

Omg true
    Ngl that happened to one of my friends laptop. He turned his laptop off as windows 7 and turned it on with windows 10:o:# not cool at all. So be warned windows 10 may just turn up on your PC like a virus
    :five:
    At least it aint ****** mac OS :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

I'm sorry but da truth is da truth. :emo:

No :unimpressed:
    You make me so sick. I'm repulsed by your behaviour Come on Alexion let us leave these peasants.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    No i use Windows 7 the best windows ever!!! Windows 8 was just too tablet touchy and having a non touch screen desktop i saw no point in getting it and kind of simillar in windows 10 but will be forced to when i but an laptop for uni

Omg true
    Ngl that happened to one of my friends laptop. He turned his laptop off as windows 7 and turned it on with windows 10:o:# not cool at all. So be warned windows 10 may just turn up on your PC like a virus

:five:
    At least it aint ****** mac OS :rofl:
    You better get it, Windows 10 is forever going to be amazing, it's the last ever OS created by Microsoft.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for this! But I've fixed it already.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think I should go and edit the OP.. :getmecoat:
    Oh lol. Well I'm glad it's sorted now. :ahee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You really should. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Oh lol. Well I'm glad it's sorted now. :ahee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You really should. :lol:
    Thank you again for the help, though.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Done and dusted. :mmm:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.