The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherry82
My best friend deals with the same thing but with three days apart. Thank God she wasn't born three days earlier or I wouldn't have been as close to her compared to now. She was the oldest in our year. The irony is that the girls in the year above who thought they could try to bully and overpower 'youngers' were only a few months older. In fact, most of the them were born in the same year as us, the only difference being the months to which we were born in.

If anything, I wish I was born a year earlier...then I would have been entitled to January resits.
F this new system. My older cousins and sister were all lucky.

Tell me about it! I was literally the golden trophy for the bullies; dunno what attracted them so much. Sure I'm handsome....and all, but they were pricks.
I was born on 22nd August and, without tooting my own horn too much, I am probably one of the most academically able in my year :redface:

Although I do agree in principle that school would have probably been even easier had I have been placed in the year below, so that I'd have had an extra 365 days worth of mental development. I guess it depends on the individual, educational environment etc.
I think if you're born on the last week of August parents should be given a choice whether to defer their child for a year or not
Original post by Genialtropism
Tell me about it! I was literally the golden trophy for the bullies; dunno what attracted them so much. Sure I'm handsome....and all, but they were pricks.

Aw, I'm sorry. *Sends hugs and kisses*
No deserves to be picked on. Bullies are just pathetic and if anything, not to sound harsh are probably the most insecure bunch of people on this planet.
Reply 24
Original post by ImagineCats
After your 18th then its a blessing- atm being a 22nd baby is horrible when everyones going out clubbing and you get caught with a fake ID lmao my life

story of my life
i kinda feel sorry for kids born in August because, generally, they dont get to see their friends and won't get presents. And in primary school im sure we all loved to be called to the front of the class on our birthday whilst everyone else sang Happy Birthday. Those poor Summer kids never experienced that.
Reply 26
Original post by idrathernotsay
i kinda feel sorry for kids born in August because, generally, they dont get to see their friends and won't get presents. And in primary school im sure we all loved to be called to the front of the class on our birthday whilst everyone else sang Happy Birthday. Those poor Summer kids never experienced that.

At school we all organise group presents for each other having a birthday in summer means I'm kind of forgotten about, despite contributing to everybody elses! But you can't complain because nobodies gotten you a present, can you.

At my junior school all the summer kids got called out together, like 50 of us. so unspecial :frown:
Personally, I think it's a blessing. When all your friends are 50 years old you can say your in your 40s hahaha. Also you get to finish your GCSEs at the age of 15 (don't know how that's a blessing but I find that pretty cool)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is a blessing if you believe Bush did the bombings.
Original post by JRKinder
I was born on 22nd August and, without tooting my own horn too much, I am probably one of the most academically able in my year :redface:

Although I do agree in principle that school would have probably been even easier had I have been placed in the year below, so that I'd have had an extra 365 days worth of mental development. I guess it depends on the individual, educational environment etc.

:five: Hey bday buddie <3 <3 <3
If you are born late in the school year, you can start school the following year to no longer be the youngest

Latest