Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just got turned down for a credit card with lloyds, aMA! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    of course that was all before the recession though
    Yes banks are much harder to get credit from these days. Mind you, seeing as we appear to be on the brink of another one, i thought i best just get in this one last credit card!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Yes banks are much harder to get credit from these days. Mind you, seeing as we appear to be on the brink of another one, i thought i best just get in this one last credit card!?!
    i have to admit i must be one of the few who wants a recession

ReputationRep:
    i have to admit i must be one of the few who wants a recession
    Have you got a *short* bet placed? (on the stock market collapsing)? i don't think you're the only one to be honest with you!

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a *short* bet placed? (on the stock market collapsing)? i don't think you're the only one to be honest with you!
    i trade gold jewellery it the first source when people need money and i rake it in

ReputationRep:
    i trade gold jewellery it the first source when people need money and i rake it in
    do you rent or own or have a mortgage? or any other investments, which could be affected by this crash?

ReputationRep:
    do you rent or own or have a mortgage? or any other investments, which could be affected by this crash?
    gold bars, silver bars
    a small amount of solid economy shares

ReputationRep:
    gold bars, silver bars
    A small amount of shares is neither here nor there. What about your house, do you own or rent or have a mortgage (or live at home)??

ReputationRep:
    gold bars, silver bars
    If you own, the prices could go up or down, equally if you have a mortgage, or rent, the value and prices could similarly change. That is why i ask.

ReputationRep:
    A small amount of shares is neither here nor there. What about your house, do you own or rent or have a mortgage (or live at home)??
    If you own, the prices could go up or down, equally if you have a mortgage, or rent, the value and prices could similarly change. That is why i ask.
    live at home
    the metals will rise and the shares have shareholder perks that even if the value was set to crash would still make me keep them

ReputationRep:
    also ive requested this be moved to money and finance as itll be more appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    also ive requested this be moved to money and finance as itll be more appropriate.
    OK thanks Napp, I'm not very good at directing my threads to the right place, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks Napp, I'm not very good at directing my threads to the right place, sadly.
    No problem friend, I had many the same issue
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Napp)
    It was moved here because he's not asking for advice. It's more of a chat thread, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It was moved here because he's not asking for advice. It's more of a chat thread, imo.
    Fair play lthough a duel listing perhapse as it could yeild some advice from other posters about the merits of certain CC's and which to avoid and of course credit scores.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Lloyds declined me twice in person despite me having a decent amount of savings with them, they are quite strict with the income needed to get one, so now i have one with a bad APR from aqua just to get my rating up.

ReputationRep:
    iv got one with capital one
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    OP you need to understand about credit ratings and how to improve them.

Run the marbles card for a while by using it and pating if off each month.
    You cna improve your rating and hen apply for the Lloyd's one later. Check your credit history from Experian and Call credit, which are the ones that Lloyd's uses.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loa...g-credit-score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    OP you need to understand about credit ratings and how to improve them.

Run the marbles card for a while by using it and pating if off each month.
    You cna improve your rating and hen apply for the Lloyd's one later. Check your credit history from Experian and Call credit, which are the ones that Lloyd's uses.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loa...g-credit-score
    Yes i already had an excellent rating with experian, because i hadn't made any applications for 6 months. Now it will tank however

ReputationRep:
    I just got turned down for a credit card with lloyds 5 minutes ago, which kind of sucks, and then i straight away applied for one with vanquis and got accepted! YAY...
    I have one with Aqua after also getting rejected by Lloyds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I have one with Aqua after also getting rejected by Lloyds
    yes, i used to have one with aqua too. they are quite good aren't they. i now have two with capital one, one with marbles, one with vanquis and a student overdraft with the co-op.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.