B987 – Social, Political, Educational, and Financial Inequality Bill 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol... Again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Surely nobody actually read this bill? I didn't get past the third sentence.

ReputationRep:
    "5) If the parents have a BTEC qualification minus 20 points will be allocated."

Thought I would pick on this one part to just show how ridiculous this entire bill is. Lots of people have BTECs, I have BTECs in PE and citizenship, the first one as I didn't take PE GCSE and we had to take PE till the end of year 11 and citizenship as it is what the school offered.

Now I could go through the entire bill, but I feel that would be a waste of everyone's time

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but I could not support this- what a pile of rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

ReputationRep:
    This bill is aiming to destroy the values of acceptance and equality and it hopes to establish a class based world reminiscent of 1984 and the French Estates.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Lol no. I could go through this bill and explain what is wrong with literally every single section, but I really can't be bothered.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You've gone mad.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    8/8 b8 m8
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You've gone mad.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

Lots of reasons, one of which is denying the Royal Family the ability to meet whom they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Surely nobody actually read this bill? I didn't get past the third sentence.
    I read a good three quarters of it at least, it was quite interesting, if worrying, to see just how far it goes

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    "5) If the parents have a BTEC qualification minus 20 points will be allocated."

Thought I would pick on this one part to just show how ridiculous this entire bill is. Lots of people have BTECs, I have BTECs in PE and citizenship, the first one as I didn't take PE GCSE and we had to take PE till the end of year 11 and citizenship as it is what the school offered.

Now I could go through the entire bill, but I feel that would be a waste of everyone's time
    Right enough I have a few BTECs too, for the reason only, I'd vote no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh me days.... What even is this this best be a very detailed joke, half of it doesn't even make sense

the royal family bit tho lmao as if all the 'higher grade' kids would want to meet the royal family anyway. How abt we stop the royal family from meeting any kids at all, that's a bill I'd support

ReputationRep:
    As I have said in the Skype chat, one good way of determining the quality of a school is by seeing whether there is gum underneath the desks and whether you see signs on vandalism. The behaviour of the students tells a lot. Also, if it is a school where you can see public displays of affection, it is probably a bad school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    As I have said in the Skype chat, one good way of determining the quality of a school is by seeing whether there is gum underneath the desks and whether you see signs on vandalism. The behaviour of the students tells a lot. Also, if it is a school where you can see public displays of affection, it is probably a bad school.
    Every school in the UK has gum under seats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Every school in the UK has gum under seats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not true, especially the ones that ban gum in classrooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    As TBM said I've never been to a school, no matter how posh or not, that hasn't had gum under their desks and chairs. As for public displays of affection, they are pretty rare in any school but where there are teenagers there will be pda, it's not an epidemic of the lower/working classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    As TBM said I've never been to a school, no matter how posh or not, that hasn't had gum under their desks and chairs. As for public displays of affection, they are pretty rare in any school but where there are teenagers there will be pda, it's not an epidemic of the lower/working classes
    This is a sad reflection of the lack of discipline being taught in most state schools, and even many private schools are plagued with this problem!

Our country's education system is in serious trouble. We don’t have victories anymore. We used to have victories, but we don’t have them. When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let’s say, China in the level of knowledge taught to students? They kill us.

When did we beat Japan in PISA overall performance? They beat us all the time. They're laughing at us - at our incompetence.

It's true. And students with such lack of discipline - they aren't the brightest and the finest. When you look at some of our students, you can immediately tell they aren't our best. We've got students that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to other students. They're using drugs. They're committing crime. They're sexual deviants. And some, I assume, are good students.

But I speak to parents, and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense.

We need to improve our education system, ensure we get the best grades in the world, and make sure our students behave again! We used to have one of the best education systems in the world, and nobody taught discipline better than in Victorian times.

Sadly, our education system is in terrible shape, thanks to our stupid politicians.

But if I become Prime Minister, I will bring education back bigger and better and stronger than ever before, and we will make our schools great again!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.