Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Answers anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjll99)
    do you all think it was really horrible, and much more difficult than other years?
    MUCH harder than other years! Never seen one as hard as this one! Gone from getting around 90% in 9 past papers to possibly failing this one.

ReputationRep:
    Yea it was quite tougher than the previous papers and extremely lengthy. Missed a lot of parts. I expect the grade boundary to be approx. 46-48 for an A...... Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the question with the thermistor graph on how the statement was wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Well i wrote that the graph was a varying curve. Then i said is R is inversely proportional to T, then RT= constant. And i calculated that it was different at different points of the curve. I also included the fact that the range of resistance was high so it is hard to be precise about the values on the graph and whether they were correct. Also i included that if the relationship was true then a graph of R against 1 over T would be a straight line. If not then R is not inversely proportional to T

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the question about the polariser, analyser and 55 degrees thing? It was worth 3 marks. An angle was asked as well.

And what's the answer to the question that asks why steps 2 and 4 have been done that way even though without rotating the analyser the results obtained would be the same?

And there was a statement and calculation done by the student about charge. Why was the statement wrong?

What was the temperature of the thermistor?

I personally felt that the paper was pretty challenging because of the last 2 or 3 questions. The rest were ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.strange12)
    Well i wrote that the graph was a varying curve. Then i said is R is inversely proportional to T, then RT= constant. And i calculated that it was different at different points of the curve. I also included the fact that the range of resistance was high so it is hard to be precise about the values on the graph and whether they were correct. Also i included that if the relationship was true then a graph of R against 1 over T would be a straight line. If not then R is not inversely proportional to T
    I screwed up XD, i was talking about how there wasn't enough readings or range of temperature measure XD 0/3 GG WP

ReputationRep:
    I said the line can touch y intercept blah blah blah, so it cannot be inversely propotional coz there is resistance when temperature = 0 degree celsius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.strange12)
    I only wrote that the graph was a curve,If it was inversely proportional the increase/decrease should be constant.This is shown by a straight line.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.