The Student Room Group

Major leak from Brussels reveals NHS wil be ‘KILLED OFF’ if Britain remains in the EU

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhiteMan16
Yes it does.

appear to confirm

In other news; this 'appears to confirm' the existence of God:

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by WhiteMan16
Yes it does.

Well done, your argument is rubbish.
well that one be one benefit from leaving.
Hope that one is true

french docs 200,000

uk docs 170,000
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Omggg but the euuu created and gave us the nhs in 1975 why would they destroy it?

Only God knows what the "euuu" is, however last time I checked.. The NHS was created by Labour after WW2.

Where do you get your information from?
According to the Express, Princess Diana will be PM if the UK leaves and it will snow next week.
Reply 25
Original post by L i b
No they don't.

Now, I've looked through all the documents that Greenpeace Netherlands released and I cannot find where that sentence is supposed to be taken from.

Indeed, if you read Document 14, which is the main one addressing state-owned enterprises and monopolies, it is extremely clear that state parties have every right to establish such things.

From my understanding of trade negotiations the EU has continually taken positions that will protect state provided services. The issue often comes up and the EU is consistent in ensuring there are protections. For the most part much of the attacks on Ttip are very ill informed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapping
Only God knows what the "euuu" is, however last time I checked.. The NHS was created by Labour after WW2.

Where do you get your information from?

I am prominent REMAIN campaigner here in my town... its a universally well known fact that the EU created the NHS for us in 1976 as a present for joining them a year earlier.

Equal rights, workers rights... people not being allowed to butcher and canibalise their neighbours all came from the EU shortly after our inclusion

Did you know that in the years following the second world war, the UK was rapidly regressing towards the stone ages? We had mud huts and hunted rabbits with spears up until our inclusion to the European union
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
I am prominent REMAIN campaigner here in my town... its a universally well known fact that the EU created the NHS for us in 1976 as a present for joining them a year earlier.

Equal rights, workers rights... people not being allowed to butcher and canibalise their neighbours all came from the EU shortly after our inclusion

Did you know that in the years following the second world war, the UK was rapidly regressing towards the stone ages? We had mud huts and hunted rabbits with spears up until our inclusion to the European union

Man, the Second World War was brutal, almost thought we'd lose until the EU came and made war illegal.

I wish nothing but severe pain to your teacher or the exam board that forced you to learn this false information.

But as a resident of London & also a student studying A Level History, I can almost assure to you that the Labour Party created the NHS as a gift to the people for the previous years of war. The UK made its first application to join the 'EU' (It was named differently back then) in 1961 and officially joined in 1973.

The NHS was formed in 1948..

And if you consider 'mud huts' and 'hunting rabbits with spears' in the years following up to world war 2 as 'rapidly regressing' then most countries were rapidly regressing. All countries were suffering from the effects of World War 1; then the Great Depression.
I wish nothing but severe pain to your teacher or the exam board that forced you to learn this false information.

But as a resident of London & also a student studying A Level History, I can almost assure to you that the Labour Party created the NHS as a gift to the people for the previous years of war. The UK made its first application to join the 'EU' (It was named differently back then) in 1961 and officially joined in 1973.

And if you consider 'mud huts' and 'hunting rabbits with spears' in the years following up to world war 2 as 'rapidly regressing' then most countries were rapidly regressing. All countries were suffering from the effects of World War 1; then the Great Depression.

Dear oh dear.

You've well and truly taken the bait there.:rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by L i b
No they don't.

Now, I've looked through all the documents that Greenpeace Netherlands released and I cannot find where that sentence is supposed to be taken from.

Indeed, if you read Document 14, which is the main one addressing state-owned enterprises and monopolies, it is extremely clear that state parties have every right to establish such things.

I think it's utterly unreasonable of you to read up on this yourself. How do you expect newspapers to do their job if people are allowed to go around reading stuff?! :wink:
Original post by EuanF
Ah yes, gerrymandering and rotten boroughs, A.K.A Malta in the EU as well as the other over-represented states.

UKIP will likely not disappear, Farage will either create a new party or reform the goals of UKIP.

Malta a rotten borough?

I though you lot loved the Commonwealth?
Reply 32
Original post by JamesN88
Malta a rotten borough?

I though you lot loved the Commonwealth?

Do you know what a Rotten Borough is?
Original post by EuanF
Do you know what a Rotten Borough is?

We have large disparities in constituency sizes in the UK as well.

Throwing stones and glass houses comes to mind.
Reply 34
Original post by JamesN88
We have large disparities in constituency sizes in the UK as well.

Throwing stones and glass houses comes to mind.

Not to the degree that they're 15 times better represented in parliament! Once again though, you don't have any stance to complain about UK democracy whilst it's totally suppressed by the EU. If you want to fix the UK, you only have one option on the ballot paper and that's to vote leave.
Reply 35
Original post by ODES_PDES
In my opinion it is long dead

Completely agree, having to wait 22 days to see a GP is LS ludicrous! I was visiting a family memeber in A&E and the clear lack of funds and staff is pretty obvious. Everything is stretched and I don't think it take much longer for it to snap. I think we should leave the EU as it would mean less people to cater for but like everything there are pros and cons.

Nobody forced me to learn anything (Thanks to the EU protecting me) and i wouldnt have even had a teacher without the EU. It would have been some Stone Mason teaching me how to catch frogs to feed my family.

The NHS was funded and founded by the EU (And still is today)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending