Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jamie Vardy to Arsenal??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly the world class striker that Arsenal need? Is Vary an improvement on Giroud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Not exactly the world class striker that Arsenal need? Is Vary an improvement on Giroud?
    not really, they're both a half season wonders, so one can play well during half of the season, and then the other one can play well the other half.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah he scored 24 premier league goals, with Giroud trailing 8 behind. I rate Giroud, but we lack a striker with pace that is effective, Walcott has been terrible. And Top quality strikers are limited, were not gonna get Auba, Higuain or Lewandowski. And I'm not too keen on Morata either, Walcott has had a better season in terms of more goals scored and less appearances. So yeah, we should take him while we have the chance to get a top quality striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    Well yeah he scored 24 premier league goals, with Giroud trailing 8 behind. I rate Giroud, but we lack a striker with pace that is effective, Walcott has been terrible. And Top quality strikers are limited, were not gonna get Auba, Higuain or Lewandowski. And I'm not too keen on Morata either, Walcott has had a better season in terms of more goals scored and less appearances. So yeah, we should take him while we have the chance to get a top quality striker.
    5 of those by Vardy were from penalties whereas Giroud doesn't take penalties?

ReputationRep:
    5 of those by Vardy were from penalties whereas Giroud doesn't take penalties?
    still, he took those penalties emphatically and scored them all right? He had the confidence to do so. But also won a lot of them in those areas from being in dangerous positions. Giroud is never in the box usually, he drifs out wides and for some reason is the one putting balls into the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I can see him flop there
    I think so too. I don't know what possessed Wenger to make an offer for him. He'll take a year to settle in, and then he'll be 30 and lose his pace.

ReputationRep:
    If I were him I'd go. He can't beat what he has done there or even match it. He's 29 and hasn't been paid good money for that long in his career either.

I'd be very surprised if he stayed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of who they should sign id say they need to start spending big money on the best in the business.

I have a soft spot for arsenal as a villa fan and I think they have done great things turning themselves from a big club to one of the biggest in the world in the last two decades but all that financial responsibility which has got arsenal in such a strong position should now be spent on the biggest names to get them winning the league again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I think so too. I don't know what possessed Wenger to make an offer for him. He'll take a year to settle in, and then he'll be 30 and lose his pace.
    And you know this how...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Jamie Vardy has performed well in a counter attacking team, we don't know how he would perform in Arsenal's system, also he's had one good season, there's no guarantee he can replicate it. Ibrahimovic is proven and is an intimidating name to see on the team sheet for opponents.
    You'd rather pay 400k a week for a 34 year olds wages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcope2000)
    You'd rather pay 400k a week for a 34 year olds wages?
    It's not gonna be 400k a week lol, and there's also no transfer fee compared to 20m for Vardy

ReputationRep:
    A massive improvement, even you know that. Although I agree, Vardy isn't World class, he certainly isn't far behind.

Arsenal should go for someone like Benzema or splash out on Griezmann.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    A massive improvement, even you know that. Although I agree, Vardy isn't World class, he certainly isn't far behind.

Arsenal should go for someone like Benzema or splash out on Griezmann.
    Vardy is no where near world class and is a different type of player to giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Jamie Vardy has performed well in a counter attacking team, we don't know how he would perform in Arsenal's system, also he's had one good season, there's no guarantee he can replicate it. Ibrahimovic is proven and is an intimidating name to see on the team sheet for opponents.
    He's got the name that cures constipation in goalkeepers

ReputationRep:
    Hope he doesn't leave us, just got his name printed on the new home and away kit
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    He always takes a year to bed in. First season with us he was out of his depth somewhat (admittedly jumping straight from the Conference to championship won't have helped) then smashed the championship second season. Making Man Utds defence look like a park side aside he didn't really settle down in the prem until the entire team did at the start of April, then this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    He always takes a year to bed in. First season with us he was out of his depth somewhat (admittedly jumping straight from the Conference to championship won't have helped) then smashed the championship second season. Making Man Utds defence look like a park side aside he didn't really settle down in the prem until the entire team did at the start of April, then this season.
    Disagree. Vardy wasn't bad at all in his first season in the Prem, he was largely used as a wide forward and got an England cap despite playing for a side that finished low mid-table.

That aside, Vardy has moulded his playing style so he can more or less maximise all his strengths and hide his weaknesses in the Prem, so he can more or less play the same way at Arsenal. It's also likely that whoever is more in form of either Ozil or Sanchez will be double marked, so he'll have even more space to stretch defences.

The other guy also said that Vardy would just magically lose his pace at 30, so somehow in the next six months he'll turn into Grant Holt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    It's not gonna be 400k a week lol, and there's also no transfer fee compared to 20m for Vardy
    Imagine thinking his sign on fee and agents fees won't be over £20mil.

Hell, I could manage to persuade Ed Woodward to sign the turd I just did for £30mil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Imagine thinking his sign on fee and agents fees won't be over £20mil.

Hell, I could manage to persuade Ed Woodward to sign the turd I just did for £30mil
    Why does money matter much, if even at all? There's the massive Sky money which is increasing for next season, it's more a case of whether Man Utd want the player, which there's no reason why they shouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    What a silly question. And you know that he won't how...?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.