Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenconut)
    4a, appeared right before the symbol swapping stuff
    Really? 0.o I seriously don't recall it at all, I must have answered it because it was a 3 hour exam and I checked everything. How many marks was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    Really? 0.o I seriously don't recall it at all, I must have answered it because it was a 3 hour exam and I checked everything. How many marks was it?
    ngl that was a delicious paper, id say the unknown questions were few and far between, and werent even that hard

ReputationRep:
    ngl that was a delicious paper, id say the unknown questions were few and far between, and werent even that hard
    Yeah was a very nice paper considering it was the end of the spec. P.S. you know the sequential search question u sure it's binary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    Yeah was a very nice paper considering it was the end of the spec. P.S. you know the sequential search question u sure it's binary?
    dead certain, look at 2015 markscheme for q 14b

ReputationRep:
    dead certain, look at 2015 markscheme for q 14b
    yeah but the question referred to sequential search that isn't binary xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    yeah but the question referred to sequential search that isn't binary xD
    except it was sorted/ordered data, which is where binary is used?

ReputationRep:
    except it was sorted/ordered data, which is where binary is used?
    True but when a linear search is done on an ordered array it's called a sequential search fairly certain, even googled it. i.e. 1 by 1 compare value with search value till end of array or value is found

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    True but when a linear search is done on an ordered array it's called a sequential search fairly certain, even googled it. i.e. 1 by 1 compare value with search value till end of array or value is found
    if thats the case, then its a classic WJEC exam stupidity... never has Sequential Search been an on-spec topic, or has ever been implied within revision/papers to be done on sorted data; always binary.

Swear down they're just utter retards.

ReputationRep:
    if thats the case, then its a classic WJEC exam stupidity... never has Sequential Search been an on-spec topic, or has ever been implied within revision/papers to be done on sorted data; always binary.

Swear down they're just utter retards.
    I'd have to agree sequential search has never been part of the spec, never in any past paper kinda lame but oh well. P.S. how many marks was the data compression question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    I'd have to agree sequential search has never been part of the spec, never in any past paper kinda lame but oh well. P.S. how many marks was the data compression question?
    2 marks, if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    2 marks, if I remember correctly.
    honestly dont remember that question wtf.... fml lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    honestly dont remember that question wtf.... fml lol
    it was on the page, you probably answered it - dont sweat

im just trying to think of other questions we could discuss hahaha

what did you say as example use for voice for command? i said mobile phones in cars, cause the driver can teach it commands and it means he can operate the device hands free and without taking gaze off road

ReputationRep:
    it was on the page, you probably answered it - dont sweat

im just trying to think of other questions we could discuss hahaha

what did you say as example use for voice for command? i said mobile phones in cars, cause the driver can teach it commands and it means he can operate the device hands free and without taking gaze off road
    wait was it above the symbol changing algorithm question? 0.o

oh and yeah i put that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    wait was it above the symbol changing algorithm question? 0.o

oh and yeah i put that too
    yeah it was at the top of the page for that, and thats assuring as hell hahaha, i always get worried with what they consider acceptable answer

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was at the top of the page for that, and thats assuring as hell hahaha, i always get worried with what they consider acceptable answer
    Yeah no i think i missed out that question... haha rip ah well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    Yeah no i think i missed out that question... haha rip ah well
    Its only two marks anyway, either way we both seem to be certain we've hit that 80+ mark bracket, which is all that matters

what did you get last year, and whatre you doing for uni
    i got a B overall, C in paper, and going bham computer science hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Its only two marks anyway, either way we both seem to be certain we've hit that 80+ mark bracket, which is all that matters

what did you get last year, and whatre you doing for uni
    i got a B overall, C in paper, and going bham computer science hopefully
    I got a C in the exam last year and C overall my coursework was *****y, hopefully i got like 120UMS in the exam to get A grade overall for AS. And im planning to do Comp sci at Aston so fun times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    I got a C in the exam last year and C overall my coursework was *****y, hopefully i got like 120UMS in the exam to get A grade overall for AS. And im planning to do Comp sci at Aston so fun times
    squad up snobs mate

ReputationRep:
    squad up snobs mate
    haha true dat, did you apply to uni of Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    haha true dat, did you apply to uni of Birmingham?
    yeah I went Bham uni and Leeds as my insure, one more thing about it as well - the college used mail merge, right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.