The Student Room Group

WJEC AS CG1 Resit (6th June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kenconut
4a, appeared right before the symbol swapping stuff

Really? 0.o I seriously don't recall it at all, I must have answered it because it was a 3 hour exam and I checked everything. How many marks was it?
Original post by Dasaw
Really? 0.o I seriously don't recall it at all, I must have answered it because it was a 3 hour exam and I checked everything. How many marks was it?

ngl that was a delicious paper, id say the unknown questions were few and far between, and werent even that hard
Reply 22
ngl that was a delicious paper, id say the unknown questions were few and far between, and werent even that hard

Yeah was a very nice paper considering it was the end of the spec. P.S. you know the sequential search question u sure it's binary?
Original post by Dasaw
Yeah was a very nice paper considering it was the end of the spec. P.S. you know the sequential search question u sure it's binary?

dead certain, look at 2015 markscheme for q 14b
Reply 24
dead certain, look at 2015 markscheme for q 14b

yeah but the question referred to sequential search that isn't binary xD
Original post by Dasaw
yeah but the question referred to sequential search that isn't binary xD

except it was sorted/ordered data, which is where binary is used?
Reply 26
except it was sorted/ordered data, which is where binary is used?

True but when a linear search is done on an ordered array it's called a sequential search fairly certain, even googled it. i.e. 1 by 1 compare value with search value till end of array or value is found
Original post by Dasaw
True but when a linear search is done on an ordered array it's called a sequential search fairly certain, even googled it. i.e. 1 by 1 compare value with search value till end of array or value is found

if thats the case, then its a classic WJEC exam stupidity... never has Sequential Search been an on-spec topic, or has ever been implied within revision/papers to be done on sorted data; always binary.

Swear down they're just utter retards.
Reply 28
if thats the case, then its a classic WJEC exam stupidity... never has Sequential Search been an on-spec topic, or has ever been implied within revision/papers to be done on sorted data; always binary.

Swear down they're just utter retards.

I'd have to agree sequential search has never been part of the spec, never in any past paper kinda lame but oh well. P.S. how many marks was the data compression question?
Original post by Dasaw
I'd have to agree sequential search has never been part of the spec, never in any past paper kinda lame but oh well. P.S. how many marks was the data compression question?

2 marks, if I remember correctly.
Reply 30
2 marks, if I remember correctly.

honestly dont remember that question wtf.... fml lol
Original post by Dasaw
honestly dont remember that question wtf.... fml lol

it was on the page, you probably answered it - dont sweat

im just trying to think of other questions we could discuss hahaha

what did you say as example use for voice for command? i said mobile phones in cars, cause the driver can teach it commands and it means he can operate the device hands free and without taking gaze off road
Reply 32
it was on the page, you probably answered it - dont sweat

im just trying to think of other questions we could discuss hahaha

what did you say as example use for voice for command? i said mobile phones in cars, cause the driver can teach it commands and it means he can operate the device hands free and without taking gaze off road

wait was it above the symbol changing algorithm question? 0.o

oh and yeah i put that too
Original post by Dasaw
wait was it above the symbol changing algorithm question? 0.o

oh and yeah i put that too

yeah it was at the top of the page for that, and thats assuring as hell hahaha, i always get worried with what they consider acceptable answer
Reply 34
yeah it was at the top of the page for that, and thats assuring as hell hahaha, i always get worried with what they consider acceptable answer

Yeah no i think i missed out that question... haha rip ah well
Original post by Dasaw
Yeah no i think i missed out that question... haha rip ah well

Its only two marks anyway, either way we both seem to be certain we've hit that 80+ mark bracket, which is all that matters

what did you get last year, and whatre you doing for uni
i got a B overall, C in paper, and going bham computer science hopefully
Reply 36
Its only two marks anyway, either way we both seem to be certain we've hit that 80+ mark bracket, which is all that matters

what did you get last year, and whatre you doing for uni
i got a B overall, C in paper, and going bham computer science hopefully

I got a C in the exam last year and C overall my coursework was shitty, hopefully i got like 120UMS in the exam to get A grade overall for AS. And im planning to do Comp sci at Aston so fun times
Original post by Dasaw
I got a C in the exam last year and C overall my coursework was shitty, hopefully i got like 120UMS in the exam to get A grade overall for AS. And im planning to do Comp sci at Aston so fun times

squad up snobs mate
Reply 38
squad up snobs mate

haha true dat, did you apply to uni of Birmingham?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dasaw
haha true dat, did you apply to uni of Birmingham?

yeah I went Bham uni and Leeds as my insure, one more thing about it as well - the college used mail merge, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending